RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
4 Questions, probably been asked before

Rep:
Level 88
1. What do the stats of character and monsters mean? Like Strength, Intelligence and other things, I know what some are, based on their names, but I dunno if some of them have extra little things attached.

2. The battle system. Do I have to playtest battles against every monster to get their stats right?

3. How would I be able to show a picture with text? I presume I would show picture in the event commands, and just move it to where I want.

4. Say I let a character's name be changed. How can I work this into text, so that instead of characters saying:

"Hi kid!" or "Hi Bob!" (when his name has been changed to Tim)

They will say:

"Hi <Insert Name Here>"

Sorry for masses of questions. I just want help, as some things I just don't understand. :tpg:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
For question 4, use this syntax:
Code: [Select]
\n[xx]
In message boxes. In "xx," put the number the character is in the database.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
1. I know someone was in the process of working on a tutorial that explained all of that, I don't think he finished yet.  I don't mess with database enough to really help with this one.

2.  It would probably be a good idea, just to make sure you're not making some monsters harder/easier than they should be.

3.  There's a custom message system out, by Slipknot I believe, it has that option in it, along with some other nice ones.

4.  To elaborate a little bit more on what MasterMoo420 said.   \n[001] Would bring up the first actor in the actor category.  To find out which actor has which ID, just go into database, and hit the actor tab. 

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Answer no 1=Use algorithmate to calculate those values ( Don't be lazy, now.... ::))
                  2=You don't have too, but it would be more difficult-accurate.( Be patient)
                  3=Use an advanced messaging script that includes pictures in the message box( Script Database.)
                  4=Use variables, or like mastermoo420 just said.
It would be a good idea since you have lots of questins. I recommend Constance's Tutorial ( Tutorial Database)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks guys. I'll be reading over all the stuff you said! I always find battles the most annoying part of RPG Maker. It's just the fact that either the battles are WAY too hard, or way too easy.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Rep:
Level 87
Just Helping.. And Getting Drunk :P
I can explain some of the stats in short:
Strenght: Determines how strong you are, also the attack power, more strenght = stronger attack. This is for melee combat only.
Attack power: Also determines the attack power
Dexterity: Determines the accury i think, in most games its used for bowman.
Intelligence: Determines how good you are in magic, more inteleggence = stronger magic.
Psych defence & magic defence: Name says it: Determines how good your defence is against melee (psych) combat and how good you are against magic spells/skills.
Agility: This is how fast you are, i think it is for how good you can evade the thinks.

I never used evasion, so i dont know what it is. Just play with the amounts of the stats and look what changes, then you can see it yourself.

And My Game Too When It Ever Finishes :P
Martynator and 24 Sneaky Snoopers are viewing this board.
Why don't they join then? :lol:

Rep:
Level 88
Cool. I'm really going to try and nail this RPG. Hopefully, it'll turn out alright. I think that's most of my points resolved, I'll give people another day or two to see if they come up with anything.