RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A few questions for XP (done)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
This is the XP.

I didn't want to flood the page with thousands of questions in each different topic so, I'm putting them all in 1.

1. Okay, I recently made a world map! Yay me. But, when I tested the game, I HAD to press CTRL while pressing the directional buttons to move. How can I stop that?

2. Still about the world map. When I walk with the CTRL method(:[) I walk over hills and water! They both are mainly to block the next towns. Let's say theres water in the middle between 2 islands. 'Something' is enabling me walk through water. Which goes to the next town without getting into the first town! I 'X'ed the tile in the tilesets at my database. But it still happens. How can I stop that?

3. Same as the other topic. I just don't know how to change the battle theme. I went to my database and went to system to change the battle theme. It says Battle01 for the battle BGM. But when I play, the battle theme is Negative05. No matter how I make new maps, the music is the same. I'm refering to this topic(It's still not resolved xD):
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,10704.0.html

4. Can you run in this game? If so, then how? I made a 'buttons to play with' text document in the game folder so when people play in it, they would read it and see which buttons to use. (It's not like anyone will read it though... -.-)

5. How are you guys doing? X]
I'm fine. I'm learning the basics of this RSXP. I've learned all the noobie stuff and now I'm going onto tiles and making a good map.

Thanks for reading X]]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:22:24 AM by OmgItsMatt »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
OK 1 and 2
Pushing CTRL in debug (while you are making it) makes it so you can walk through solid things. The person playing when you are done will not be able to do this. The reason you cannot walk is beause you have the grass set as solid.

You could try at the begging of the game make an event that changed the battleBGM.

Yes, you need a script I think OR you could make an event that when a button is pushed the heros run speed it put up

not good...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:05:50 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thank you for actually answering them ALL. You know a lot!

I'm a newbie on this so I'm gonna learn how to 'un-solid'.

The battle maps are different from my beginning. The beginning is in a house, where there's no battle. Should I make the event at the very beginning of a battle map?

Okay I now know how to change the battleBGM when fighting an npc monster(an animator going into battle). Now I need to know how to change battleBGM in random battles.

-Oh so a script is like secrets. Cool. :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:31:26 AM by OmgItsMatt »

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
what he meant by "solid" is that what ur using for ur ground has an "x" on it, making it like mountains u can't walk on.

on the tileset u use for the house in the beginning u can set what u want the battle background for that tileset to be, but if ur using the same tileset for multiple maps with different battle backgrounds, u can just use the events to change the battle background.

if changing the database setting for battle bgm is not working, than u probably have a script that causing the trouble.  Create a new game project and take the scripts.rxdata from the new project's data folder and put it in place of ur current project's scripts.rxdata.  see if that works.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I hear Blizzard has an excellent event system for it (works perfect)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Okay everything is fine now. :]

ALWAYS I put the ground tiles on the first layer. But sometimes I put them on the second and third layers. CTRL+Z doesn't work over 5-10 undo's. So yeh. I'm thinking on changing the battle BGM every 1/4's of my game process(Since now I learned how to change them). Thanks.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
If you still haven't solved the BGM changer problem:

I made a battle BGM changer in my CMS. The system is simple: A script calles a common event. You also can call the common event via the event command called "Call Common Event". Just look in the scripts database for my script "StromTronics CMS", any Edition, download the demo and copy-paste the common event from the demo. It's a fairly simple event code, using one variable.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!