RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Entrances

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I have rpg maker xp and i am making a world map and i would like the following setup.  When the hero approachs a building that he can enter i want the name of the building to pop up on screen. Next i want either if they press the action the go inside is the hit cancel the dont or if they dont hit the action key they can just keep moving kinda like what chrono trigger had. I would like not to have to use a show choice event or anything like that
Thanks

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Read this topic. You chould be able to figure something out, if you use events, that will be activated, when the player touches them. Maybe you even like more the method, we discussed there.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

thats not exactly what i am looking for
I really would liek to have it just liek chrono trigger where when you got close to a town you could press the action button to enter or just walk away
If anyone can find a way to do this please let me know

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You can make it like this:
Make 2 "rings" of events. The inner ring turns switch[XXXX] on and shows the name (picture). The outer ring, deletes the picture and turns off switch[XXXX]. Make them both Phasing and Hero Touch.
Now make a common event. Set it to parallel process and let it be triggered by your switch[XXXX]. Use conditional branch and check if key "C" is pressed (this is ENTER or SPACE). If the switch is pressed, teleport the player into the city. Don
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:42:06 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
just use a Teleport event to a new map

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Did you play Chrono Trigger?  You walk to a town and the name appears on your screen. You DO NOT enter the town until you press the B key on the joystick. And if you just walk away, the name dissappears.
Visit our website.

That sounds perfect but i am having problems doing it. Anything else you could add to make it simpilier i guess would help but i do appreciate the help thus far

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I will upload you a demo later. Check this topic in an hour or two.

EDIT:
Lol, I got it already. Had some free time. Here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/8502447

Try it and learn from it. ^^
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:21:08 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

THAT IS PERFECT!!!!! Thanks a lot for that. I think something that little as a stupid message box for everytime you wanted to enter a town would ruin any game. This is exactly what i wanted thanks again

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
And it was so easy. I didn
Visit our website.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I wondered EVERYONE is asking this STICKY it please a good answer and explenation... that is WAY easier