RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trouble using "Enable Combo" and Monster Battle events... [Resolved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Basically, I want a character who can charge for one turn and unleash a combo attack the next turn using the "Enable Combo" move. I know I could use battle animations if I really wanted to, but I like the feeling of multiple little numbers popping up repeatedly with every hit.

So!

I made a skill that activated a switch "Charge Character".
Then I made a battle event that activates when "Charge Character" in ON.
The first thing it does is "Enable Combo: 3".
Then I made a Conditional Branch which, if the character uses the "Attack" (or Fight, whatever) command, it does "Enable Combo: 1" for that character, setting her back to 1 attack, and turns off the switch "Charge Character".

And this works *almost* perfectly. The only problem I have is when I charge up a character, use attack, and then use another character's command while she's executing the huge combo, the "Enable Combo: 1" won't activate and the next turn her normal attack will still be a 3-combo.

I imagine this has something to do with the Active Battle system, but I'd rather keep the game "Active" if I could (for the challenge). Is there any way to get around this?

EDIT: I figured it out. It involves four different Battle Event pages, a switch, and two variables. Here it is:

Page 1
Trigger: Turns Elapsed

<>Variable Operation: [0001: "Rein Turn Counter"] Set, 0

Page 2
Trigger: [Rein] has taken [1x+1] turns.
<>Variable Operation: [0001: "Rein Turn Counter"] +, 1

Page 3
Trigger: Switch [0001: "Rein is Charged"] ON (this is the switch that your switch skill activates)
<>Enable Combo: Rein Attack Repeat 3 Times
<>Variable Operation: [0002: Rein Charge Check] Set, Var [0001]'s Value
<>Variable Operation: [0002: Rein Charge Check] Set, +, 1
<>Switch Operation: [0001: "Rein is Charged"] OFF

Page 4
Trigger: [Rein] uses the [Attack] command
<>Branch if Var [0002: "Rein Charge Check"] is V[0001] Less
    <>Enable Combo: Rein Attack Repeat 1 Times
    <>
: End

Basically, it sets a variable equal to the number of turns Rein has taken and adds one to it. The next turn, Rein will be charged, but the turn after she won't be. I'm sure there's a way to have it keep the charge for several turns, if you wanted to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:00:21 PM by slashphoenix »