RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Panorama Sizes

Rep:
Level 82
Hello, I'm designing a game that will need a lot of different sized panorama images in the background. I'm aware that Rm2k3 wants all panoramas to be 640x480, however, I know other sizes, such as 320 x 240 and 560 x 496 are also possible to use, because I've opened up the files of other games to check. However, I have no idea how to accomplish this, as I get the typical "invalid image size" message whenever I try to import anything other than your standard 640x480.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)
Current Project: Answered Prayers. (Yume Nikki styled adventure game.)

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Well, I havent exactly tried it, and I really should before i post this, but I believe that putting a dollar sign ($) at the beginning of the filename will fix this problem, and the program will accept it, no matter what the filesize is, based on making the image fill up the entire screen.

Furthermore, I am not 100% sure this is right, because I only have tried it in RMVX...

EDIT: I just tried to add a new parallax to my RM2k3, and it took a character sheet no problem... I didn't change anything... I just exported a charset from the game and imported it as a parallax...

Your problem is most likely not a size issue, but an improper filetype or color depth. Try readjusting your new panarama so that it is the correct color depth (change it to 256 colors), and the proper filetype (bmp, or png)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:21:57 PM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.