RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] Custom Font, help

Rep:
Level 82
Okay, I need some help here. Is there a way to like edit the script a little so I can use whatever Font I want in my game? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:53:34 AM by Terra »
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Go into Main and underneath "Graphics.freeze" insert

Code: [Select]
  Font.default_name = "Times New Roman"

Where Times New Roman is an example, whatever font you want. Remember to include the font if you share your game though.

Also, if you wanted, you could set up a hierarchy of fonts that would depend on which fonts the player has already installed. To do so, rather than just "Times New Roman", you would list them in an array from most preferred to least preferred, so like:

["Courier New", "Times New Roman", "Arial"]

in that case it would use Courier New if the player had that font, otherwise it would use Times New Roman, and if the player doesn't have that it would use Arial.

Rep:
Level 82
That's great and all for regular fonts. But I mean i have my own font I downloaded, and I type it in and it doesn't work, no font shows up. I's there a specific folder the font has to be in for it work?

[Edit]

Nvm, I got it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:53:17 AM by Terra »
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
A Good name for a Game?
What is the range of Text you can use?
It is only Limited to Courier New,Times New Roman and Arial?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, you can use any fonts that are installed on the computer. Though, if you share your game, they have to have the font to. Putting fonts into an array like that is a good safety measure if you share your game with someone who doesn't know how to install fonts - you can put the ones you want, and then common ones below it just in case.