RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Light effects at map coordinates, not screen coordinates

Rep:
Level 83
How do you do it? I can't figure it out with events so is there a way to script it?

I'm trying to make my streetlamps light up but all I have is a bright circle on my screen that moves with me.

If you think this is better done with events tell me also, I'll focus there more instead.

Thanks ahead of time. (Just realized, where would I ask an eventing question if scripting not the way to go?)

Yes the picture showed, but it didn't blend and create a light effect it just made the darkness a little lighter.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 04:36:00 AM by S.K. Ren »
My life is like every script I write: It runs great except for the f*cked up bits.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Add the image you use into the characters folder in your graphics directory.
Then make a new event in the editor and find the image you want to use and then that is it.

Don't know if it's exactly right, I don't have my RMXP in front of me right now as I'm not at my normal computer.

Rep:
Level 83
Huh, wha...that simple? God I'm dumb. Thanks
My life is like every script I write: It runs great except for the f*cked up bits.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
No problems