RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 58
in training
Awesome idea. Thanks for the heads up :)

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009

New screenshot! It's a cave, obviously, but now with my new HUD (this is a mockup): the red circle is your life, which diminishes in a circular motion, and the inner green circle is your stamina, which also diminishes in a circular motion. Next to it is your current amount of money and, in this case, your stock of dynamite.

Any suggestions?
  - 

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Put your current item(I assume this is like Zelda ALTTP) in the middle instead of the character graphic, unless you're adding multiple characters. Put a "break" at the top of the health/stamina circle so you can more clearly see where it ends.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
The item system is not like Zelda: there is only some dynamite which is disabled when outside a cave. The break in the green circle is at the bottom, I thought that would be better for contrast.

Thanks for your thoughts!
  - 

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
@Japur: I like it. The hud is clean and not cluttered. One thing I wonder, though, is do you need money shown? Do you have a menu scene and does it show your money total? And do shops have a menu scene with money total shown too? If the answer is yes to both of these, then there's probably no reason to show it on the map. This way you could put another item in the spot where your money is shown instead... if you have more than one item that can be used on the map.

Some new tiles that I'll be sharing later on. I'm currently working on different directioned beds and some other stuff. Also, paintings~

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior

New screenshot! It's a cave, obviously, but now with my new HUD (this is a mockup): the red circle is your life, which diminishes in a circular motion, and the inner green circle is your stamina, which also diminishes in a circular motion. Next to it is your current amount of money and, in this case, your stock of dynamite.

Any suggestions?

More "cracks" in the walls.  You have a couple in there already, but what I tend to do is to extend them out a bit, so even if the player cant go there, they give the cave a more natural feel instead of a mined out man made feel.

I've posted this image before so no need to comment on it.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 87
Any tips on how to make this throne room better?

Here's an updated version:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:04:11 AM by Durpin 24/7 »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The crates look odd, as if they shouldn't be there, also throne rooms are supposed to big and airy, as its where kings and queens would meet diplomats or in some cases their subjects, it was meant to feel imposing and whatnot

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
Strek's mtn. village 4/10(sorry.) -_- reason is it dont look to me like there was no time put into it, and very little detail.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
@Redwyn: The walls right underneath the throne aren't aligned. It looks a little strange.

Also, you could use shift-clicking to make the carpets blend into the stairs.

Rep:
Level 85
@chapmanproductions The shadows are too dark, they're far to opaque to be real shadows, make them a bit more transparent and everything will look good :3

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
What do yall think of this map?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
What do yall think of this map?
Reminds me of Lufia I for some reason. Oh, and, by the way, attachments don't work like that anymore for some reason.

Rep:
Level 69

This game is in honestly 100% done but I'm gonna release 2.0 version that fixes few bugs and does few improvments, so I'll start sharing it more when I've heard the full reviews from the people who played the 1.1 version. Planned changes are few bug fixes, hopefully few passability errors and such can be squashed too and I'm also gonna try and make the game lighter and compress it to run and load faster among other tweaks that I didn't have the time to do when the time ran out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:02:15 PM by Drbigt »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Well for a few month of inactivity well i'm back with some new skills just take a look:
and i also got the modern day tilesets plus it's add-on.
MAP TEST 1:
Spoiler for:
and i'm happy if someone will rate it and told me what to improved.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:27:57 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Gallery is for non-RM art jomarenter, so that's why I moved this into the Screenshot Thread.

Rep:
Level 85
The water looks a bit off in that map, otherwise it looks alright, maybe add some screen color tones

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I would suggest adding shadows, as the building appears rather flat. Two simple, partially transparent blocks -- one filled and the other cut at a forty-five degree angle -- should give the structure some depth. Other than that, everything appears fairly solid so far.

Spoiler for:

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I'm adding these in spoilers because I'd like to have some feedback, but they're big! It's for a Mystery Horror. Keep in mind that the screen tone will be set to very dark and reddish throughout the entire game.

How do these look?
Spoiler for Finished prison:

/\ Moved the blooddrop in the middle to against a wall because it gave me a tiny graphical bug.
Spoiler for The city (not finished yet):

/\ Still needs to be finished so every idea/comment is helpful!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 85
@Amycha19

Map1: I like it, its pretty good, however I recomend you remove some of that empty space in the bottom right corner, normally prisons are built underground and the smaller the room is, the more structuraly sound it is and the cheaper it is to build, so just shorten up that corner a bit and make it not a rectangle

Map2:
I like this one as well, great job! I think you should remove some of that yellow grass and make everythign a bit more random, add some shrubs, rocks, trees whatever and make it look like a wasteland :P in this case, groundcover and randomstuff works well. I'd also remove the paths and replace them with some sort of dirt path, the square edges look odd in contrast to the dirt around it. The farm is awesome, it catches my eye right away for some reason.

Keep up the good work! :D
~forte

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
@Amycha19

Map1: I like it, its pretty good, however I recomend you remove some of that empty space in the bottom right corner, normally prisons are built underground and the smaller the room is, the more structuraly sound it is and the cheaper it is to build, so just shorten up that corner a bit and make it not a rectangle

Map2:
I like this one as well, great job! I think you should remove some of that yellow grass and make everythign a bit more random, add some shrubs, rocks, trees whatever and make it look like a wasteland :P in this case, groundcover and randomstuff works well. I'd also remove the paths and replace them with some sort of dirt path, the square edges look odd in contrast to the dirt around it. The farm is awesome, it catches my eye right away for some reason.

Keep up the good work! :D
~forte
The thing about the rectangle Prison is that it's above grond (otherwise there weren't any windows)...

The yellow grass was just an outline for me. It's something I'll be changing anyway. I'll check for a dirt path... I'm also thinking about changing the tilesets "happy" tiles into some gory, gruesome, rotten, evil, broken or messed up tiles but I can't seem to find any...

At this moment, I've put most of my time on city mapping into that farm, glad you like my maps =^.^=

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 85

The thing about the rectangle Prison is that it's above grond (otherwise there weren't any windows)...

Yeah I noticed after I posted it, Making it less rectangular is still an idea, break up the edges and whatnot, plus there's like a gaping empty space in that corner :P

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Above ground or not, all the space in an interior map should be doing something. There should be minimal empty space, usually just enough for the player to get where they need to go.
This counts doubly so for a prison/dungeon. They're very cramped usually.

I'd personally move that desk area at the bottom into the top of that first rectangle, then trim the bottom of the map.

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@ Acolyte, that’s good idea to merge all maps in one.
@ Japur, your mapping is wonderful really, i like it so much, and the hud design is cool to.
@ littlesatyr, your mappin’ is cool too. Looks perfect with the shadows.
@ Drbigt, Wow the characters pictures are incredible.
@ Durpin 24/7, I like the new update, looks perfect.
@ chapmanproductions, looks cool the shadows play.
@ jomarcenter, a modern tileset, is impressive and you mappin very well.
@ Amycha19, you really get a creepy atmosphere. I like it.

---I put a new video of my project "Mundo/Abismal"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18Cg4wfoPo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18Cg4wfoPo</a>

Nos vemos. 8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for: