RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Whoa, that's beautiful, Ryosis. But you see that blue flower/grass thing? Can you put more of it in? Just a suggestion. I think I'd look way cooler. Besides, I can't see it too well with the logo in the way.

You're actually seeing the default long grass auto tile through the logo. It's because of the blend mode, I think.

That is beautiful inded. I especially love the bare trees.

My one nitpick is the lamppost in front of the back bench; it just doesn't seem right. Hmm...You've probably tried this already, but how does it look with the front bench and lamppost pushed back a few tiles and the back bench removed?

... Not sure, to be honest. I actually haven't tried it. I'll go take a look at that right quick.

@Ryosis - Maybe move the back bench down towards the lamppost a little more? Also, what's with the wood pile near the bench? There doesn't seem to be any need for it. All in all, though, it's a lovely map. Great job!

You're right, there is none. Clutter, man. This particular region has been here for a while, shit gets left behind. As for the bench, I've actually tried that in the past, but with the way RMXP is set up I don't have enough available layers. I'm going to give Harry Burns' suggestion a whirl to see if I like it better.

Not really relevant to the screenshot, but a word of caution: put less emphasis on the word "fable." I'm pretty sure it's trademarked, and if you have aspirations of this game becoming popular, it's something to consider.

Sound advice. TBH the title is merely a placeholder until I can think of something more fitting. Haven't had much luck with that. :/
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Criticism: I think you might be overdoing it a little with the yellow mushrooms. Maybe you could swap some of them for a different color.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I think the problem lies with the red mushrooms, actually. They have this really harsh black border thing going on.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
No, less mushrooms people. There are way to many. Other wise, it looks real nice!

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Well yeah, the number of mushrooms is overkill, but if he's going to have them, it'd be best for him to use the yellow ones, imo.

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
Actually, the amount of everything is a bit overboard. You've kinda plastered every part of the ground with something. Give the poor grass some room to breathe! In this case stick to the three tile rule: every third tile should change - cliffs counts, long grass counts, trees count. Usually it's used to add detail to maps, but in this case it'd be used to cut down on the detail. It's a bit overloaded. That said, the map shape is pretty nice.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

your overusing every tile on the pallet.  remove all the mushrooms, they clash horribly.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Funny how the green mushroom is the one that suits your map the best, and yet you only have one of them.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
not sure if I want to keep with the older looking style, which is what I originally wanted my game to be designed in, or do I upgrade in order to give the player a better picture of their characters?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Not really a map...
I think it would be nice to show it here as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/CliFXqdWhxY

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That looks pretty neat Mitchi.exe.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior

Actually, I think it looks outstanding!  Reading the others comments on the yellow mushrooms, why not make them Events, and grab the graphic from the tileset, so you can adjust the color hue to have a wide variety of colors?
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Watashi wa kodoku unmei ni moeru y?na akumada...

World map from my game.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You should make your land masses look more like continents. Right now the main island just looks like a long curved path. Also, vary up the terrain more.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
@minimog

You should make your land masses look more like continents. Right now the main island just looks like a long curved path. Also, vary up the terrain more.

It looks really empty, crampt and bad....I suggest as others have stated to make it look more like a continet, more like and island and more detailed. this is why i do not do world maps in my games
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:07:19 PM by Adrien. »

Yep, I know! Island is big, but the planet is very large. More than the Earth six times. So such a large island. Over the mapping in the island, I'll still be working.
Sorry for my bad English.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Yep, I know! Island is big, but the planet is very large. More than the Earth six times. So such a large island. Over the mapping in the island, I'll still be working.
Sorry for my bad English.

It's actually a very small island... Very small Your hero could trek the entire thing in less than 2 minutes (not including random encounters). The problem isn't that the island is too big, but that it is very plain. When he said "a long curved path" or whatever, what he meant (I think) was that it was something to be fixed, as such a setup didn't make sense.

Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Too much variation in map consistency.

It fails totally to convey that it is a LARGE island, as has been stated, but you're breaking rules of your own map.  Snow on an island in the middle of the island, beach sand island within sight of another edge that has no sand, etc.  A much much larger map can provide the opportunity for the natural transition from a warm climate to a freezing climate.  But walking for two minutes, one cant simply get from the tropics to the arctic.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Heretic86, icy island in the middle of the lake due to the small center of magical essences (this also applies to other islands). In the theme of the project is initiated by a short description of the island. While in other places on the planet magical essences dime a dozen, here it is very small. Creatures that depend on it just can not live on this island. Thus, the only people living there and gnomes because their life does not depend on the magical essence.
The island has several points at which the seething little "essence of the lake." Far Ocean, a place where there is an island in itself a mystery. Not yet investigated it. Also, most of the world still has not been investigated. If the set time frame, you get the early Middle Ages.
Sashikinaroji, movement speed on the world map will be slightly slowed down, and the move around by holding shift will not be able.
More information will be added later.

Rep:
Level 75
You say it is a large island but there are only 4 towns not counting ruins and other towers but try using the script that shrinks your player sprite on the world map (cant quite remember it) and shrink you town images along with slowing your charactor's speed to give the impresion of a much larger map. If the map is seems larger you can add more towns even ones that have nothing to do with the story.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

CodeMaster, Do not forget about the forest. There will also be the location and the city. And about the mountains, too. Plus will also be underwater / underground maps, so it will be where to roam. Underground world map will be in several stages. Also do not forget about decreased movement speed on the world map. And also about the fact that this is not the final version of the island. He's still going to change.
But it's best to go with the discussions aspects of the game in the project topic.

Rep:
Level 82
A random map, just testing new tiles:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool tiles. Did you make/recolour them?

Rep:
Level 82
No, I just compiled them.