RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.   D:

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You bastard Exhydra, I was going to make it page 100 :bigmad:
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Well, I'll leave page 101 to you, then. Because Dalmatians are pretty cool.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You can have 102. Sequels to Disney movies are horrible.
Except Mulan and the Lion King. Kinda Alladin.

Rep:
Level 82
@Exhydria

Cool mapping style you got there! Really dig it!

@Adrien

Nice maps, they look beautiful.

A screenie from my game that now has it's own topic!

Gyron, a more of a criminal town. Nowadays home for thieves.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:42:28 AM by luiishu535 »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.   D:

thats a bad thing

@lui - thanks

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
Aye, I know of parallax mapping - just didn't know it could get quite so complicated. 16 hours is a hell of a long time on one map. Plus, I never considered it as an alternative; I'm no good with photoshop myself and have no graphics artists at my disposal for my project, considering my only possible option just went on hiatus ^^;
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
you dont need to be good at it, hell this is the first game where I ever considered it. You just have to try, experiment and see what happens.

I think I need more detail

yes I am aware of the small error to the right near the top
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:58:43 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
@Shortstar
Trees on the far right, at the very top. uuuuuhhhh...

Rep:
Level 75
Yeah it is sorta blocky and unrealistic. and in the set of trees below the chest there is a tile error but other than those to things it is good.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 82
1 of 5 swamp maps totally different than the forest I posted. I've gone through that forest and fixed things :-) I'm not sure if I can fix the blocky tiles, that's just how RPG VX is.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
@ShortStar

I dont like them. They are too blocky and very unrealistic. the trees are all the same and its an eye sore. Your first map has a error at the top where the round trees meet the pine trees. I can tell in some cases you are using events to over lap somethings, and or trees when you should be parallax-ing them as it will allow you to use tools to make it more realistic.

Your grass is too blocky, your river, swamp what ever needs depth, your little mushroom flowers look back in the corners of the river.

Over all you should consider parallaxing your maps as they are too unrealistic, make them smaller because as I look at this all I would do as a player is just follow the path.

---

From me:

Spoiler for:

Weapon -> Item -> armor store, two entrances.

I just don't know what else to put on it

Also:

Finished cave

--> The top of the cave has since been fixed -that light part there where it looks wierd
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:18:58 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 82
:-( I failed.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Not everyone's a parallax mapper, and not all maps have to look hyper-realistic. I think he's done a pretty good job with the mack tiles aside from the errors. Not sure why there are random places with inner cave tiles though. I also think the river should be expanded more in some places.

As for your maps Adrien, I think the indoor screen is a little too big. I'm also not entirely sure what's going on with those helmets in the top right. Are they sitting on the ceiling tile? The cave looks nice, but I think the lighting is obscuring it too much.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
@shortStar - fail is a horrible word -could improve = yes

Not everyone's a parallax mapper, and not all maps have to look hyper-realistic. I think he's done a pretty good job with the mack tiles aside from the errors. Not sure why there are random places with inner cave tiles though. I also think the river should be expanded more in some places.

As for your maps Adrien, I think the indoor screen is a little too big. I'm also not entirely sure what's going on with those helmets in the top right. Are they sitting on the ceiling tile? The cave looks nice, but I think the lighting is obscuring it too much.

The indoor is actually good enough for the size of the building on the out side - that is if you saw the town map. - they were suppose to be above the books, but I may remove them as your right it looks off.

The lighting just needs to be toned down a bit.

Thanks for the feed back.

Rep:
Level 82
The inner cave tile was a bad thing on my part. I've switched it to a plateau. People will still wonder why I put them there... for color so its not always just tree.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
that's pretty epic what game engine if any are you using?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
And there's no editor, so he basically codes every map completely individually.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Tedious now, helpful later.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
What I am currently working on:

Spoiler for:

I plan to make most of the right side a "exit to the forest" on to more of a plains type thing.

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
That looks amazing from my prospective, but id easily get annoyed by the black area.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
what black area? the map is designed to be a cut off with a slightly darker back ground to make the map "pop"

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
The background is what im referring too.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private