RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
'Bland' is my 4th middle name
I hate this tileset the most out of every tileset in the history of creation, thus making it good practice. Also, I'm not sure what mapping error your pointing out. If you mean where the side of the ship doesn't meet the bottom part, that's just how this tileset works to my knowledge. O wait. The bridge thinger overlaps the side. my bad. That is easily fixable.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:48:24 PM by DarkMessiah »

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Sorry bout the double post. Edit wasn't working for me
Got another map for ya. I actually am proud of this one. It looks good to me

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You've got issues with height here

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
serious issues with height.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Now I notice and I sure do feel stupid. Dammit, I'l have to revise that. At least I'm not using it for anything

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Practicing mapping to hopefully increase from 'bad' to 'sub-par'
Spoiler for:
The Ship Tile set was always kinda . . . bad.

The ship is kinda, badly done, in terms of the poles . . . It's a bit lonely in there, also, that bridge actually needs those 'metal' tube/poles with or without the rope around, and it'll look good.

Sorry bout the double post. Edit wasn't working for me
Got another map for ya. I actually am proud of this one. It looks good to me
Spoiler for:

[/spoiler]
It's good but . . . bland, try to add grass, 'dirt' autotile, and some more trees. The mountains looks too symetrical in a natural point of view, nature tends to me asymmetrical. the --> Bridge's ropes on the lower part are badly placed, use the 3rd layer to put them on top of the bridge itself, not below it.

=======================

Also; Karo's vacation is over.

I'm back ~ :V

Rep:
Level 91
@Dark Messiah: It doesn't look too bad but I think it would be improved by moving the ship closer to the side it's docked on (it would make sense for them to use the dock that's closest to the ship!). I think some shadows would also improve on the bland look. You might want to search for some edits, or make one yourself, of a transition between the walls and the water, so that you can see the walls disappear below the water with some kind of gradient.

Graphically wise I think a lot would be improved by reducing the contrast on the water though that is more a criticism of the RTP than of your mapping.

Edit: whoah, where did all them posts come from?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
@Sunny Milk: Looks pretty cool. It's not to empty, and not to crowed.

Rep:
Level 91
New modular world map: areas appear as you visit them.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
These maps make my game look like a failure  :P
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Almost any map done by someone in the screenshot thread who is not a complete failure (i.e. me) will make other peoples games look like failures.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 82
It's been a while since i used RMXP so this map isn't that good. Any tips on how to improve my mapping would be good:

The image is resized so you might have to zoom in to see all the details.
no

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Or you could not resize it because we can't see shit.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
well from that height, anything looks decent :/

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello,

Here's a map and tileset I have been working on for some months. Please tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:14:47 AM by erlyn »

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Video of my map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XMlx6GqR-E

Please try to ignore the fact that the main character can walk through walls and looks suspiciously like Crono.  This was created as a test of the CT style battle system I'm using, but I'm interested in feedback on my map right now.  The map is a factory with a giant vat of lava with sharks swimming in it.  The game will start with the main character hanging from that crane and being slowly lowered into it.

It's a combination of rips from several games and a couple photos, so please tell me which parts if any seem too mismatched.

KeTeLe: Things are too spread out on that map.  Unless you plan on adding a lot more features, I'd condense it to about half as tall and half as wide.  Alternately (or maybe in addition), add a couple more buildings - you're already doing the thing where you have unenterable buildings to make the town seem busier, but the fact that the town only has five buildings total makes it a moot point.  Some outdoor objects would liven it up too, like fences or carts or an outdoor shop.

erlyn: The grass is dark and busy, which makes it look like a jungle.  If that's what you were going for, then good job.  The straw houses also add to the jungle feeling.  I feel like the vegetable garden is perhaps out of place in a jungle tileset though.  I'd color the wheels of the farm carts a different color than the bed of the cart, and maybe color the handle differently also.  Keep them wood if you want, but make them darker so the cart stands out a little more.  Its coloring seems too simple compared to the houses and other objects, which are all well-done.  You might also want to make a version of your palm tree that's flipped horizontally, and use it in place of about a third of the existing trees.

Sunny Milk: The map isn't bad but the fact that it's completely open on all four sides makes it seem like it might be too big.  It's really helpful to the player if the map gives clear visual cues on which directions are useful to go, so they don't wander off into the wilderness.  Maybe there's a path south of the tents that I can't see from the screenshot, but even so, the fact that your character is walking north suggests to me that there's something to the north.  If there is, make a path, and block off the east and west somehow.  If there's not, block off the path north too.  A simple one-tile-high cliff is enough to mark the edge of the map, and works well in a forest where small steep inclines are very common in real life.http://

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Sunny Milk: The map isn't bad but the fact that it's completely open on all four sides makes it seem like it might be too big.  It's really helpful to the player if the map gives clear visual cues on which directions are useful to go, so they don't wander off into the wilderness.  Maybe there's a path south of the tents that I can't see from the screenshot, but even so, the fact that your character is walking north suggests to me that there's something to the north.  If there is, make a path, and block off the east and west somehow.  If there's not, block off the path north too.  A simple one-tile-high cliff is enough to mark the edge of the map, and works well in a forest where small steep inclines are very common in real life.

It's not a forest, it's a Grassland,nature is random, I don't like to put a player in an area with little to nothing to explore except in either dungeons or certain given areas.

The map is to suggest that there's more, allowing the player to 'explore' around.

Here's a typical Forest:

]

even here, there's suggestions of more areas for the player to explore, thou these paths are not visible for the player in the first time or visit :3

regarding your map, I don't have much to say except for the graphic clash I see in my opinion & the fact Chrono can walk throu walls which you don't want these to be pointed out. :/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:45:20 AM by Sunny Milk »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

I think that's a pretty sweet tileset. Maybe a little more contrast in the thatchwork of the houses would be helpful though. Everything else looks perfect.

@LockeZ - you should probably use a script where the player character zooms out a little as he moves up the map. Otherwise, the depth intended doesn't really work.

Rep:
Level 75
@Sunny Milk-in both your maps I like the way you used the fog effect i wish VX had fogs I can't believe they removed them after XP

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Scripts bro. Same/better functions.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
regarding your map, I don't have much to say except for the graphic clash I see in my opinion & the fact Chrono can walk throu walls which you don't want these to be pointed out. :/

Well, I know I have the ability to walk through walls turned on in the video.  What part of the graphics clashes, though, exactly?  Someone else said the same thing to me, so I know it's true, but I can't place my finger on exactly what.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

Well, I know I have the ability to walk through walls turned on in the video.  What part of the graphics clashes, though, exactly?  Someone else said the same thing to me, so I know it's true, but I can't place my finger on exactly what.
Jame's sprite clashes with the background. It's colors are too bright and clash with the dark atmosphere of the titleset you used. His colors just stand too much in my opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@__@ Trying to event some moving platform & button pressing events

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks pretty good Sunny. :)

I need to post something soon that isn't a forest :/

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
@Sunny
I'm just noticing something that's bugging me. Your characters seem to be standing on the SIDE of the logs, not actually on top of them. It just doesn't look right to my eyes. If you were to move those logs down a few pixels in the tileset, it might look better, but that's really all there is. In any case, I'm not that great at mapping, so it's probably just fine, and the rest of the map is fantastic.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
@Sunny
I'm just noticing something that's bugging me. Your characters seem to be standing on the SIDE of the logs, not actually on top of them. It just doesn't look right to my eyes. If you were to move those logs down a few pixels in the tileset, it might look better, but that's really all there is. In any case, I'm not that great at mapping, so it's probably just fine, and the rest of the map is fantastic.
No, it's just like that, and the few pixels moving it would f*ck up the tileset @__@ and a lost of extra work. it's just the circle rune that's giving such a bad effect.