RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
how are there?
good? ;D
bad? :(
ok? :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The house there looks rather off. The windows in the left roofing have the tiles the wrong way, and the walls for the right half all have edges in between them as though it's actually three separate houses.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member
The first map is bad. Not only is it way too straight and boxy for any natural waterway, but there are some serious height errors with the cliffs. In particular, the ledges on the cliffs (the symmetric ones) should have as many cliff tiles as there are straight up to look right. And the waterfall. The top body of water is assumedly supposed to be at the same level as the tall cliffs. How can the waterfall then fall four tiles and be at the same level as the ground, which is nine or ten tiles lower than the cliff? And then how can there be an additional four tile waterfall when the same level of grass is adjacent to both the upper and lower body of water?

Read Rule #1 and Rule #4 - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13769.0.html

The second map is fine, but it could use a little more randomness and a little more clutter. It's a bit too empty. Also, you have some weird wall errors in the upper right part. Some sections are missing, some of the walls aren't right, and a couple of the walls are too tall or extend below where the wall just curved.

The third map is also not great. Besides what Zylos has said about the roof windows, the wall windows are missing their top half. Also, what is with the tiny fenced section and the random barrels scattered everywhere. Nature is random, but humans aren't.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but you shouldn't be making tile errors. Anyway, just keep at the mapping stuff and you will eventually become a better mapper.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
 :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:
emotions set aside i think you're right
but these were one of my first maps i forgot to add edges on the top-right
corner of the 2nd one too
after i make new maps I'll post more
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:42:32 AM by pokefan »

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Trying my hand once more at mapping with Photoshop. This likely won't be used for anything, but I'd like some feedback on technique, etc. And yes, I am aware of a tiling error or two. Look past those please.

Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That's pretty cool. I like that tileset but those cliffs are pissing me off. I know tiles are repetitive but using the same corner pieces like that all uniform looks bad. imho

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Yeah, that's more of a limitation with the tileset. The corner pieces are all I have to work with, and I'm not entirely sure how to fix them without creating a new tile. (Spriting is not my forte.)
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You don't have a straight piece? You're supposed to use a combination of straight pieces and corner pieces to add variation and make it look more natural.

Rep:
Level 84
Here's just a couple that I've been working on. Feedback please.
Spoiler for:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
They're nice, if a little dark. The busyness of the screenshots plus the screen filter makes it hard to see :/

But's its still coo!

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I think that what you are trying to go for with that darkened screen is either nighttime or a more retro/less colorful feel...

If you want the former, use a blue overlay, that works wonders.

For the latter, I would suggest a reddish or orange tinge...

Of course, you have to experiment to find the best layer style... If you have photoshop or Sai (which is free to try) you could give them a shot so you don't have to keep replaying your game to see the results...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
What tiles are you using it looks like some Mack tiles, some RTP tiles, and some I have never seen

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
I've used a variety of tons that I have found and made myself a complete custom tileset (tiles A- E). Most are from mack, and some are just random chunks that I found and have no idea who made.

Rep:
Level 75
Ohhh I see no wonder I had never seen them if you made parts your self

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wayland Town, redux

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Nice : ) but the squareish grass kidna makes me sad, and i don't like the tombstones randomly surrounded by small bits of grass , it looks unnatural

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
The diamond sign in the top left corner is partly transparent

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You're an idiot ChodeMaster. I cannot even truly begin to describe. At least you tried to be constructive.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Moose:

The square tall grass everywhere is unnatural. Break it up some.

The farms seem to be too perfect and repetitive.

Those highly saturated red plants and frozen looking blue ones look.. awful. I don't know where you got them, but you shouldn't use them.

That highly saturated blue roof looks bad as well.

The holes and cracks you used on that roof are for walls. I can tell and it looks silly.

That middle section that sticks out on the building in the middle left area of the map is really strange.

Your grass is bare in many areas. Try adding some weeds or bushes or rocks or something.

You should never put tall grass over a casted building shadow unless you're removing it with a script.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't have a whole lot to add but to give you a tip on laying the grass down. I agree with Irock that it's pretty unnatural, or at least looks really odd to have large rectangular chunks of grass seen at this distance but it's probably not as noticeable in game. Anyways, my tip is to use the Shift button when laying grass along the tiles just up one from the roofs of buildings and things that would be higher than the actual ground. Cause as it stands, it looks like the grass was mowed behind the houses up to where you can actually see the grass from our perspective. If you hold Shift in for those top tiles and a couple on the sides of the buildings it'll appear better. Notice how you accidentally did this with the chapel building in the upper right corner. That shows depth. That's what I'm talkin' about. I'm redundant. I know. haha

Oh, and try laying the grass down before the trees. The trees can sit upon the grass. Sometimes it looks odd when the trees are just avoiding the grass haha.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:16:36 PM by grafikal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Moos: the destroyed house looks remarkably bright for being derelict.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
A town.
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
That is absolutely lovely looking, Acolyte. I'm not a master mapper and I could be wrong, but I feel there should be more grass...?

Again, I'm no master, so feel free to ignore me xD
Winter is Coming

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That is absolutely lovely looking, Acolyte. I'm not a master mapper and I could be wrong, but I feel there should be more grass...?

Again, I'm no master, so feel free to ignore me xD

Nah, it's a valid observation. I was thinking it was a little too empty.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I'm just noticing a few things, minor enough, and I'm no expert, but the left part of the bridges on the left half of the screen seem to be a bit far inland, and the streams narrow at certain points that looks a little unnatural. I could be an idiot, however, because I know nothing of nature, and those bridges are probably just fine, but it's just a few things I noticed.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...