RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Stair railway seems strange. The houses should be in a cross shape. Putting them in a box seems very strange. I'd suggest moving it out one tile so the cross is complete. It shouldn't change the map much.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
@Falcon: There's a reason why I'm not getting rid of the jungle. It's part of a section in my game.
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 91
I said to scrap the map. Not anything about removing a part of your game.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Another attempt at the Jungle map, and I think I did quite well.
Spoiler for:
Also, does anybody know where I can find some BGS with jungle ambiance and jungle animal noises?
Current Project:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
WAY more tall grass, much more flora scattered around, a lot more trees scattered, and don't make the border so straight edge. Try to vary that border up a lot too. Reason why I say add much more stuff is...well...it's a jungle. Since when are jungles all open and airy like that? (No comment on the deforestation shinanigans either)

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Took your advice.
Spoiler for:
Current Project:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like the grass much much more, the flora is movin' up there, but you still need more trees. Overlap a hell of a lot of them and what not. Remember, it's a jungle. If it helps, just keep repeating "It's a jungle, it's a jungle"
or listen to::

Either way, try to loosen up that border still. It's still straight.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
I don't think I can fix the border much, I mean look at it:

Kinda squarish isn't it?
Current Project:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion

It can indeed be more staggered in the edges. Also, I'd lament less the lack of tall grass and more the lack of smaller trees, bushes and plants in general. Whenever there is a break in the forest canopy, all manner of greenery fights viciously (in plant terms) to try and gain as much height as fast as possible, eventually blocking out the sun to the ground again, grasses are actually rare on the forest floor of a jungle, it's vines, young trees and short lived flowering things. The key is making those gaps in the canopy small and full of life (I would like to fill the map with even more greenery, but this is all the patience I have at the moment). And above all else, random!

I also noticed I forgot to add some fourth layer canopy edge tiles..oh well..just a quick example map.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Problem is I don't know how to make a non-square/circle border.
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
This is why I made this little gift for you, really look at it, and you can see and emulate what I've done. It's not magic, it's just examining how the tiles work together. I suggest placing the areas of the canopy with transparent areas on layer 3, the solid dark green canopy filler on two, then wherever the dark green is, you can cover it with another layer of canopy on layer three. Even just small patches of that make it more interesting.

Place your trunks on layer two, and don't forget to use the alternate versions at times (the ones with underbrush). On layer three you can overlap some extra small plants, trees and vines.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
I think I'm going to leave my map as it, as I'm designing the jungle (which I dub Claw Jungle) as a series of interconnect maps like a maze like so:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah but nobody's going to play your game if the maps suck.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, to each his own I suppose. I did put some effort into helping, so I suppose I did my good deed for the week, whether it did any good is up to you.

Now, since I was nostalgic in opening XP, I'm gonna post an old little map from an old little project. Do excuse the naked NPCs..never did get around to spriting them, and good ol photobucket has shrunk it, shame.

Spoiler for:

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah but nobody's going to play your game if the maps suck.
*bricks*
Current Project:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
That Garden Tile got my eye for sure ~ +w+

Ermm, btw, for the one who said regarding those NPCs in my map, they are actually enemies <__< (Angry Villagers)

The flowers '3' I wanted to put something that would catch one's eye, after all, it's quite a Symbolic message ~

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Reposting it, because I didn't get any comment on it.

Rep:
Level 91
Shadow, no comment is needed. All your maps a fucking awesome.

Joy, you've done a good job with the market area, it looks nice, the only problem with the map is a lack of space, but some NPCs always fix that.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Hmm . . . Beef ~

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Nothing to complain about, Caro. :]

I've never really been great at making graveyards. :S

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3

Rep:
Level 85
Battleground:earth pre-Alpha gameplay

Rep:
Level 102
Most everything looks great. I think the smoke particle effect when you're levitating could use a faster spawn rate though. Looks like a lot of circles are shooting out of the robots. ;[

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Nothing to complain about, Caro. :]

I've never really been great at making graveyards. :S

actually it is pretty good.
I like it. Congrats, nothing like your maps on eye of the tiger games...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Except that some of the graves look like they've been paved over. The headstone is above the grave, so if you put one right next to a road, it doesn't make sense. Other than that, it's pretty awesome.