RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
It actually looks good. Heck, It looks like a Cave from XP than VX.

Those holes do quite the trick for the streams.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:37:31 AM by ???? »

Rep:
Level 83
wow, joy, I love that screen. The sprite looks great as well. Also, Karo Rushe, it's always nice to see my tiles being used. But the shapes for those building are quite strange. I wouldn't imagine buildings being like that.

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

Rep:
Level 90
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
 :o Awesome map, Karo. The only thing I notice though are those roses. They are rather distracting. Either lessen them a little or add some to the other houses.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
While normally you'd have a completely valid point Love, I'm going to have to disagree. : O Perhaps this just some silly poetic tweak I'm on momentarily, but I like them being so vivid. The way they wrap around the house looks kind of like a little path, and the way they stand out makes them look sort of symbolic. This is a bit of a gruesome example, but think about Frank Miller films- it's all black and white, but blood is always blisteringly bright red, to make it stand out and to give more significance to it.

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Oh of course. I didn't say they looked bad or anything, they look pretty beautiful. But I wouldn't put such a symbolic item on an ordinary house. Unless of course, it belongs to someone special or rich.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Nice map, irock. Good use of the roses. ^^ Nothing I can really complain about.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Wow Irock... That's fucking gorgeous.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
I don't think I've ever seen an Irock original before. My only suggestion is... Uh...

Well, I tried. Good work, Irock :)

Rep:
Level 90
Here are some color tests. I am more concerned with everything being visible and nothing being too dark to see. So is everything visible? What do you think?
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Thanks for the informative feedback. B]

maia: Everything is visible.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Spoiler for:
Jungle
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 102
Try making the trees more randomly placed. Place more plants and rocks randomly. Add tall grass patches.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Spoiler for:
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 102
It's a little better. The border of trees are still square, and it looks like your plants are in horizontal lines.

Also, try adding some of these deals. Jungles usually don't have short grass.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Spoiler for:
Trying as hard as I can.

There's a reason for the border. The tiles for it are a rounded square type, on the blank spot where the leafs end.
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 102
It's looking a lot better. Try removing the dirt that's under the long grass tile. Patches of long grass don't usually grow out of dirt.

I just noticed this, but you need to have tree stems under the top canopy. It looks like the branches are floating in mid air. ;o;

Rep:
Level 86
@Karo Rushe map1 Wow those maps look good! I especially like the last one with all thoese different flowers and the tint effect.

@maia mapsI I like the shapes of your dungeons. They turn out really good. They look creative. I like how you mix and match the different tiles together. I felt the first dungeon looked ugly though with the tiles you mixed, but the second one turned out really good.

@Karo Rushe map2 Another great map! You can really feel this place being alive and real with the amount of NPCs you placed on it.

@Irock Wow. That looks amazing! I really like the different types of flowers and bushes you have speeded onto that map. All those bright colours you used really add something to your game too.

@maia mapsII Well they're all very visible to me at least. I think those light effects really add something to your maps. You may want to try experimenting with some fog effects too and see how they turn out.

@Miles Castea latest map It's good, but the trees on the right side of the screen feel a little strange at the moment. Maybe if you moved one down a little and separated the other three it would look better. You may also want to add a few more flowers or rocks on the grassy areas. I really like the idea though. Still looks really good as it is.

It’s hard to find anything wrong with the maps on this thread! :P

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Scrap the jungle map, it's ridiculous. A square jungle makes no sense at all, not to mention you are misusing the canopy by putting no tree trunks under it.

You made that Irock? It looks very well made, you've done a great job adding detail to the map. Only thing that takes away from it is that the RTP doesn't mesh well with Inquisitor's tileset.

Rep:
Level 102
You made that Irock? It looks very well made, you've done a great job adding detail to the map. Only thing that takes away from it is that the RTP doesn't mesh well with Inquisitor's tileset.
Yeah. Is there a character set that would go with it better?

Edit: Whoops. I just noticed a mapping error. ~_~

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I can tell you what I do, I lower the brightness and increase the contrast for Deira. I think it blends in a bit better.

And yeah, there's a couple map errors there, but they're hard to spot.

Rep:
Level 102
I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

I only noticed one mapping error with a box. Do you see more than I do?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
i spy with my eye