RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
work removed because of disrespect.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:00:50 PM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
that looks horrendous mixing two different kinds of sprites like that. Make all your characters VX rtp or all of them the way that megaman does it.

Rep:
Level 84
that looks horrendous mixing two different kinds of sprites like that. Make all your characters VX rtp or all of them the way that megaman does it.

God, why so harsh? Horrendous......

I am not an artist. All I can do is edit rips from games, find stuff on RPG Maker Forums, and get what my friends can make me.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Why don't you just use rips of megaman and zero then? Never use two completely different sprites ever ever ever. It looks so ugly. ;9

Rep:
Level 84
I don't have a problem with people criticizing my work. I will not just allow someone to call my work ugly and horrendous. There is no reason to try to bring someone down.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I didn't say your work was horrendous, I said that having two different sprites like that is horrendous :mad:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
work removed because of disrespect.

Disrespect? It's called a critique, and if you can't handle it, then don't show your work.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
Should be thankful for an honest opinion instead of him lying and saying it's fine, or just ignoring it. He's trying to help you improve.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
A little system I am working on for fun.

I guess I'll post better screenshots later.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Nice Tez - I'm not a fan of the overly obvious enlarged pixel type of border around Theo's face/name in the upper left corner. Also, I don't even think you really need that white border/box that's housing the red 'EX Break' bar. I think it would be much nicer/cleaner/more organized if you just had the red bar alone with the type. Other than those 2 thingies, I think it's great :)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Since the background gets quite dark during EX Break, I want to keep it in so it is still noticable while in the mode.

But about the Theo picture:

Better?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's much better :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hey guys, I was trying to see if these sprites would mingle with the mack tilesets, but it seems like it isn't to me - maybe the sprites are too blurry, or too small for the environment, I'm not sure. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought - maybe I'm just crazy.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
They're barely taller than the counter.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, you're right, but then they go outside and the damn Mack trees are only two tile tall. It's annoying. Anyway, thanks for the feedback - I think you're right and I will see if I can find a more suitable sprite style or a different tileset.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I think you're right about them being blurry. Maybe it's just my eyes, but they seem to have some sort of slight blur on them. Their color palettes seem to fit to me though.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I guess it would be easier with a video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUpD2wb5Gs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUpD2wb5Gs</a>

Quote from: YouTube Description
The stat system is very similar to Final Fantasy X, but with some differences:

With this system, "Mind Stages" seperate the stat ladder. The first two stages are linear, but after that, they bridge out into other sections, giving it more of a custom feel.

The EX Burst can mean a lot of things, depending on the person using the system (I will be releasing this for free use after I have finished). In the test game I am doing, Theo and the other characters use this system as part of their mind. If they upgrade 6-7 stats at the same time (meaning without exiting the window), they will enter a temporary state of insanity; allowing free stat boosts and a quicker cursor. I will be adding more features soon.

I've fixed a few bugs in the system, plus I have given it a more graphical look. I have still not added some sounds, such as the ones when a Mind Stage has opened, or when an upgrade is acquired.

The EX Break is functioning perfectly now. In this video, you only need to upgrade 4 times for an EX Break, but it will be much harder to get an EX Break in the final version.

As you may have noticed, when Theo is teleported to the CMS, there is no event to start him on the grid. This will be changed later on.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:08:59 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!

How does the ex break work though?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Edited the description.

That should help.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:24:06 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
I've gotta say:

"Holy shit, dude." Really nice system.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it's neat, but you need an indicator for what you've already learned, other than a message not showing up, maybe grayscale the icons that you haven't learned yet, or grayscale the ones that you have.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
The indicator is the icons slowing down, but I realised myself that doing it this way was stupid. So yeah, I'll make them stop spinning while greyed out for the next video. :X

EDIT: Done

When used, they turn grey and stop moving.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:12:28 PM by Tezuka »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Carnage Scissors!

I finalized(maybe :X) the HUD and stuff :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:26:40 PM by Arky »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82

-WELL, this...this is the first official map of Blade's End (Version 3). Any tips and pointers from anyone, not just experienced people, is welcome.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's pretty nice. I only have a couple nitpicky things. 1 is that the water on the cliffs at the bottom of the map just feels awkward to me. 2 is the water that flows from the top of the map into the small pond-ish area just above the player appears to be too short. Like, the water that flows there shouldn't top 2 tiles up, it should be about 3 or so because at that length it gives the allusion that the cliffs' bases are smaller than they probably are. Other than that, I really like it.