RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
This tree is in my way therefore it must be eliminated!

Click for my current project.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Lol, are you using my lumberjack event system? Haha. I recognize that treeee :P

Nice work on really improving your mapping, Bash.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
@Zylos: I find the maps a bit bare. Maybe add some more stuff to them.

Screenshot with logo:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
*nods* Alright, I'll work on that. More people and objects, maybe adding those paint lines to the road will help.

Anyways, your map looks amazing as always. Since you're so good though, I'm gonna be a bit nitpicky and point out small things... like, um... like that lilypad being partially on the land. Super small detail, but that's the only thing I find wrong with the map at all. :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Spoiler for:

sneak preview title screen of my latest work.

Yes, that is Black Rock Shooter, I sprited her before I knew she wasn't just an OC in some random wallpaper, and the character design kinda inspired the story behind the game so I'm just going to stick with it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks pretty cool NAMKCOR :)

Playing around with the water cave tileset:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You forgot to mention "water cave tileset"...IN SPACE! :D

Nice job Shadow.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Playing around with the water cave tileset:

The light in the 'Entrance' seems out of place, the entrance is dark, so why would the ground reflect the light when the entrance is technically . . . dark? Other than that . . . Beautiful map Shadow.

Spoiler for:

sneak preview title screen of my latest work.

Yes, that is Black Rock Shooter, I sprited her before I knew she wasn't just an OC in some random wallpaper, and the character design kinda inspired the story behind the game so I'm just going to stick with it.
Namckor . . . . I reaaally want to see this now, >__>;; BRS ish favorite ~ <3
-------------
Spoiler for Fixing up Tilesets:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:39:49 AM by ???? »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
That looks fantastic, even though i'm just a sucker for low gamma sepiatone things.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
That looks fantastic, even though i'm just a sucker for low gamma sepiatone things.

Seconded, it looks really beautiful and slightly surreal.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I like it too, but I feel like the underpass of the bridge needs a shadow.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I agree with

• Anski
  • Rex
  • and Grafikal.

Their words are very agreeable, considering they echo what i think.

*cough*

WHAT'S THIS KITKAT? YOU MADE A MAP?

Spoiler for:
What's this kitkat? Imageshack is being screwy?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Your cliffs need bottoms and the dirt...feels kind of empty ._.   

but I don't know anything about 2k/2k3

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Too true...I tried, however there aren't any underwater cliff bottoms for this tileset.

Regrettably.

Still, thanks for the critique! And the only differences between XP and 2k3 is some more aggravating layering potential, no autotiles, and smaller graphics, so your critiques should be good as anyone else's ^^;;

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
I got you covered, KitKat! (Sort of)

Spoiler for This may (or may not) blow your mindhole:

That highlighted tile makes a rough excuse for a cliff-bottom. Use the other one for any side walls, though, it just looks funny otherwise. As for the rest of the map, try using the weird moss stuff & some of the rocks they give you. It's one of the lacking FSM tilesets, but it still looks good. I'm liking what you've done so far, though  :D

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
THANK YOU, MY DEAR SIRUS!

Your tips highlight my day ;o;

*hugs sirus*

Rep:
Level 85

A multiplayer platform game me and a friend is working on. I'm the programmer and it's coded in C# using XNA.

To see it all in action you can watch this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5X-EXcp0

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That looks very cool Red Fox. Good luck with it!

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks. I just finished a function that allows you to play movies so expect a sexy intro movie to the game  ;)

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi

Yay map from Warrior Dee's RPG
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I think this is my first post in here, but I know many people here from other forums :)
I like your screen Kirby, everything looks good, and the screentone adds to the mood.
Some new screens from a new area in my game. The ice cave.
I have yet to think what else to add to the chipset, everything looks too... blue, but I can't think of anything else to use... I can't have plants because nothing can grow with so much cold and dark, any ideas?
Btw, you slip in the ice, so the big ice area is like a puzzle.

Any ideas on what to add to the chipset ? :D
EDIT: the slight color difference between some of the ground tiles has been fixed.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Cray, you have some nice maps there: The last one is bothering me though. My only problem is with the ladder-paths: They don't look as good when they cross over each other, and the one elevated cliff is really killing it: Maybe if there weren't any ladder-paths going to the higher level, it would make a little bit more sense?

Still, you're doing a great job with your mapping in general. Maybe add a few more details to the big pile of ice in the second one just to fill up some space, perhaps? They don't have to have any significance to the puzzle, but it does look a tad better >.>

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I think the top of his head is taller than the bridge that's above the bridge he's on. He'd hit his head if he tried to walk under it.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
@cray: If you're up to it, maybe you can try editing your chipset. Pull up one of the bridge tiles, delete the edges, and replace a useless tile with it. Besides the little crossing bridge thing, though, your maps are looking great.

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try to fox some of the stuff you've mentioned :)
Mm some new screens of new areas in Lost king.

Neige, the Snow village:

Glacial peak

Finally you have a ship!  you can now travel ALL around the big world in Lost king! (it IS a big worldmap actually)

I hope you guys will like it =)