RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Spoiler for:

This was an experiment to see how I could improve the original Midnight. The room itself looks much better, even without the lighting.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
A little bit of tint or fog like could help in a good way for it too :x like the details on the chair.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I also dig that chair. Nice atmosphere you have going there.

Got a WIP pre-shop screen. The Icons are placeholders until I make some more appropriate. Opinions?

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Wow, that looks awesome. I love how you put that face in there, like with the golden lines everywhere. I love the font, icons, background, face and everything. Keep it up!
  - 

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Okay...tweaked it a bit..happy with the result, works like a dream in-game.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
That's beautiful, joy. Simply beautiful.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Looks nice, but the font seems to take away from the picture. An elegant font like that is good for emphasizing names and whatnot, but it's not good for all of the text: it makes it much harder to read. The "E" in exit shop looks hardly like an E.

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
Yeah, it looks like Sait Shop to me or Sxit Shop. I like the font though, but maybe something similar but more readable would work. I love the screen though, very nice.

Finished making icons, and made the mountain map background. I'll either work on the city map next, or start on the battle system since I have it planned out already.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks pretty fine Ocean. I like the windowskin you are using  :)

You can't see in the screenshot that it's actully a fog there <_<*

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Oh Shadow, how could you? You know square is bad. ;=; I was liking the map ti'll I saw the 'square'.

& The transparency of the fog is soo little <__< It is hard to see if there is one.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Looks pretty fine Ocean. I like the windowskin you are using  :)

You can't see in the screenshot that it's actully a fog there <_<*

Also, from a perspective standpoint, it's logically impossible to see the water under the cliff at the bottom of the screenshot. I mean the cliff with the vertical bridge. You wouldn't see that. That water is about 3 tiles down while the top of the water under the horizontal bridge is like 12 tiles down. You would only see more cliff rather than water.

And I'll agree with Caro about the squares ;_;

Rep:
Level 89
I didn't notice the square things. In fact, I didn't notice the waterfall error before someone mentioned it ;_;*Dies inside*

Going to remake the map totally.

EDIT: New version of the map
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:40:17 PM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
That's looking a lot better. My only gripe is that your waterfall walls aren't even with the land ones. There are only about two tiles of cliff on the left side of the map, and 7 or 8 on the right.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Spoiler for 'Que Carajo haces aqui? Largate Cabrona!':

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

I have the desired 'theme' of Tilesets to play for this Survival Horror Game, thou, I might put survival action game @__@

I can't decide on the color for the infected people, I had a change of mind, instead of making the use of 'Zombies', I rather took the path on basing the Enemies/Infected People on the 'Ganados' & 'Maijins' from the Resident Evil 4 & 5 itself.

Taking the path on using the rather 'steampunk' like scheme theme for the Atmosphere, as it fits the scenario for a rather gloomy village scenario. Along I'm using steampunk-characters made by Sithjester :3 They really fit the tilesets & atmosphere. *As the setting is based more on Resident Evil 4 itself* I thought of recoloring their skin but it is quite troublesome. The Screenshot is at nightime thou.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Spoiler for 'Que Carajo haces aqui? Largate Cabrona!':

Que Carajo haces aqui? Largate Cabrona!
ok, what does that mean?

been playing Resi 4 for days and it's bugging me.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
In English, that would be: "What the Fuck are you doing here? Get out, Bitch!" Well, to what i can translate .__.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
In English, that would be: "What the Fuck are you doing here? Get out, Bitch!" Well, to what i can translate .__.

lmao, awesome

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, well, regards to that, here's a work in progress Tileset:

I know the grass floor isn't good for something like this, as it makes the houses stand out too much, thou, dunno what to use, didn't want to use the RTP's tiles themselves. Pardon the 'Dark Atmosphere' as it's suppose to be night in there. (Hoping to catch said feeling.) I'm quite troubled with that damn Fence, as parts of it seems to be at 'odds' and have to fix it a lot. I used those torches from the RTP even thou they blatantly stand out >__>;; but would make sence if there wasn't no electricity in said town which takes place. But still thinking what other source for a light in the night could work.

I was planning on also adding a few 'mountain' like, at least to give a bit of nature, but thinking wether to use the new 'Savanna' like tileset from Shadow or the Grass tile from Mack's.

The 'Ganados' (The little country men with hats and spanish/steampunk outfits) fit well with the colors, thou I still want to make their skin look like 'dirty' but the colors I used either makes them look too green, night-elvish, blue, too damn pale white, or a rather Yellow-ish weird color or an obvious use of Purple with dark colors which makes their heads stand out from their clothing <__<

Still working on the Tileset thou, it's sorta my top priority at the moment.

Rep:
Level 89
Where did you got the style of that house in your last screenshot DAS? I've been looking all over for it, but can't find it.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
It was from Raerae's Custom Castle Tileset. there were 2 houses of these. *Thou of different textures*

D: It was lying around taking Dust in my old cds. Can't find it in hbgames.org which is were I got it >___>;;

Anyways; Sharing for everyone:

Spoiler for:

Along with another screen with the Fixed Town:
Spoiler for No black fog or darkness this time <3:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:54:46 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm quite troubled with that damn Fence, as parts of it seems to be at 'odds' and have to fix it a lot.

In either of your past 2 screenshots of this, it's better to place the back of the fence (that wraps around the front house) one or two tiles higher. The perspective is off. Close, but off. It gives the illusion that the house is tall and thin, whereas you tiled a house that's not as thin as it should appear. I also figure that you already thought that and (in most cases) it's safe to count the number of tiles the height of a front wall is, then if you were to put a fence around the back of the house to then count that same number of tiles down from the top edge of the roof. Like you did. However, since you have the house with that extra extension in the back center, it fools the eye into making the fence look really weird. So, basically... I'm just saying that might fix your fence problem.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
For my first post to be in a screenshot thread, I must either be desperate for opinions, or have drastically high hopes. Anyway, here goes.

And before you go pointing out the mistakes with some of the trees dotted around the place, I'll say I do know they're there. I was just, uh.. too lazy to update the screenshot. Made using VX, as I'm sure you can all tell.

If I had to judge it myself, I'd say it wasn't bad for my first town map ever, right?
Right?

Rep:
Level 90
For my first post to be in a screenshot thread, I must either be desperate for opinions, or have drastically high hopes. Anyway, here goes.

And before you go pointing out the mistakes with some of the trees dotted around the place, I'll say I do know they're there. I was just, uh.. too lazy to update the screenshot. Made using VX, as I'm sure you can all tell.

If I had to judge it myself, I'd say it wasn't bad for my first town map ever, right?
Right?

Your buildings need more details. Windows, cracks, strange quirks.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Right?

There's a lot of empty space as well. Try filling it in with some small plants or bushes or just stuff you'd find outside in a town. You could throw a shadow under that bridge up north. You did good on mixing up the cliffs but try throwing some details on them other than that moss growing up on it. The buildings are really boring. Try doing what Maia said with that. They also don't have to be particularly square. There's a couple map errors in the lower left corner with the trees, also a tree error by the fence and cliff to the right, and a tree error by the cliff on the left. Speaking of trees, make them less square around the outline of the town. Bring them in and make it random, they're trees, nature is random and not full of 90 degree angles and stuff. The dirt/brown cliff you used might be a little strong. I don't know, it could be fine when other things are spruced up. Ya might even try using the bushy/green tile instead of that.

Also,

Hi Maia :)