RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[NEW] - Project 2009

Rep:
Level 84
Last year, I created my first game on VX. It didn't do so well...
Scripting was terrible, it was "glitchy", my sprites were terrible.
But that one year with VX taught me a lot.

So I decided to create a brand new game for VX this year and make this one successful.
(and maybe actually finish the entire project)

Game Name: Unknown
Storyline: unestablished [as of January 17, 2009]
Expected Release Date: Fall 2009 [date to be confirmed]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates from last year's shitty job:
01) Kaduki Compatible Tankentai SBS [great graphics! no more wavy or "strange" battle system]
02) Kylock's Light Effect [LOL... didn't know how to use this script.. but I finally decided to read the instructions...]
03) Non-blueish tinting for Kylock's Time System. YAY! Took me 3 months to edit Kylock's shitty tinting color.
04) Set-time system at the beginning of the game with REAL TIME! (and daylight's saving time ON/OFF function)
05) XP trees. I hate the VX trees. Looks so... plain...
06) Cooking/Fishing/Alchemy(to extract metals)/Weapon-Forging/Farming/Chemistry(to make potions)
07) Monsters do not drop Gold... instead you have to mine them from... well... Mines... Duh!
08) Monsters do not drop Equips... instead they drop some raw materials... like fur, leather, feathers, meat, and so on
09) Farming brings about new materials for potions... and if you forget to farm and you run out, well you're fucked.
10) Fishing can be used to get... FISH! what else?
11) Cooking... I thought this might add a little challenge to the players. (the products restore HP... no duh...)
12) Weapon Forging - it's only logical that you MAKE the weapons to make the player tear their hair out in anger right?
13) Chemistry - Hey. It's Sophomore year all over again...
14) There is not 14th thing...
15) Neither is there a 15th...
16) so don't expect a 16th or a 17th either...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for now. I'll edit this post as I work on my game. Feel free to post links to resources. Your contribution won't go uncredited. Oh, and if you want to play this game when I finish, check my website: www.weebly.com/ffcv - Website is down because of some network problem... lols.

For some reason, my demos don't seem to work...
 But anyways, here are some screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:20:20 PM by SpriteKing »