RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wanted: Quest Ideas

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Heyy,

I need some quest ideas for my game "Quest For Freedom"

whats needed

Quest name
Quest description
Quest rules
Quest items
Quest locations (Where it starts, where you have to go)
Quest NPC's

Also, theres also a character in the forest, and if you beat him and his minions he joins your party, but im not sure how ill have the player go into the forest to beat him, soo any ideas for that would be great too.

Any chosen ideas will be credited in the credits of my game under special thanks

Thanks

Matt (Rusty95ca)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:53:16 AM by rusty95ca »
Currently Working On: Quest For Freedom

World Map          [*/////////]
Towns/Cities       [*/////////]
Other Parts         [*/////////]
Npc's                  [*/////////]
Player Characters [***///////]

Demo                 [**////////]

Rep:
Level 82
There's a similar thread you can search for that requested a few quest ideas; you could perhaps take a look at those for inspiration.

As I'm currently in the process of job hunting, I can't spare too long but here's an idea for your character in the forest since you're running a quest based game (similar to what I'm working on so I'm in abundance of ideas.)

Set the quest up as a challenge given by this character you have to beat. Perhaps it can be started by a kind of poster in a bar/inn. Basically, asking for a challenger to come and beat his trial of minions and finally having to beat him to earn him as a party member. His minions can be brought out either in a manner similar to the Wutai Pagoda climb that Yuffie does in FF7 - where the minion is awaiting for the first challenge and as you beat them in turn you gradually make your way to the boss - or perhaps they set up particular puzzles/challenges that you have to beat which may include defeating them upon completion of the task. It depends on how long/varied you want the quest to be before you can fight the character you eventually get to join you. You probably don't want too many minions or the player may get bored of trying, but if you do have a good 4 or 5 it could be worthwhile putting in a variety of tasks to allow for continuous freshness in the quest itself - though that depends on how well you can design and implement varied puzzles and not just a rehash of the same pushing blocks puzzles that will definitely have a negative impact.

You'll have to fill in the form yourself, but that's an idea you could look into.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
thanks, i like thatt, ill deffently use something like that. you will be credited!!!
Currently Working On: Quest For Freedom

World Map          [*/////////]
Towns/Cities       [*/////////]
Other Parts         [*/////////]
Npc's                  [*/////////]
Player Characters [***///////]

Demo                 [**////////]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Maybe a minion comes up to you in the form of a woman and says 'help my son is stuck in a tree' got to the forest and then get ambushed. (because everyone loves getting ambushed)