RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
I've been trying to figure out exactly how to fix your tile problem on the lighthouse and for the life of me, it wasn't hitting me why those looked so out of place, but now I get it... The bricks are just turned diagonally~!

Sure, that's the angle that the bricks should appear to be, however, they should still have the sides going perfectly vertical, or else you lose the illusion of depth. THAT'S why it still doesn't look right!~

(that took me far too long to figure out... yeesh...)

like this:

Yes, of course! :o I fixed it. This is how it looks now. :)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:08:44 PM by Thijs »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Much Nicer!

Rep:
Level 60
A few screenshots from the game we've been working on. It's an adventure-style psychological horror game, which partially explains the darkness of the screenshots. :)

The protagonist's makeshift study in his bedroom. The candle on the table is unlit originally.

The protagonist's living room. The mouse icon shows that there is a puzzle to the front door.

The puzzle. These two men are... well, "less-than-friendly" to Mr. Main Character.

A shot of the player's inventory.

As if you can't tell, we're still in the "early development" stage, but the first of nine chapters has been completed and the second chapter is coming along nicely so far.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:33:38 PM by Fall From Eden »

Rep:
Level 85
They all look so Good, I especially like the blured one, i assume you have a fancy sound effect to go with the transition to blur?

Rep:
Level 60
They all look so Good, I especially like the blured one, i assume you have a fancy sound effect to go with the transition to blur?

Well, the blur is just the menu background. :P Marc modified the default create_menu_background method to look a little bit nicer (in his opinion; I tend to agree). So no, right now, there's no fancy sound effect; and considering the player will be going to their inventory often, I doubt that I would want one. Right now, it's kind of a muted "click" noise, which seems to work well.

There are other portions of the game wherein the actual game screen is blurred or distorted, however; those are accompanied by some fancier sound effects and "music" (in quotes because I'd hardly call it that, but meh). I didn't see the point in taking screenshots of those sections, though, since the blur and distortion tends to make it difficult to see things properly (which is the whole point of those segments).

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Fall from Eden: Wow. Those screens look appropriately atmospheric. (ie. dark) :P I also love your sprites, and mouse icons.

Ok, still plugging away at my own game. Think I'm getting better with elevations and buildings. This is suppose to be an academy, at the top of a hill, the pink is actually a panarama ingame. I also flat out drew the scalloped flags, and cobbled together the railings and road, as well as recolored a lot of elements. 

Rep:
Level 85
I like it, especially the multi colored trees, however it looks like the building is partially hanging of the edge of the mountain, maybe you should add some more cliff to the back so that the depth sorta works out more

Rep:
Level 60
To Daria: I agree with IAMFORTE about the building seeming too close to the cliff edge. Looks like the back of the building would be hanging off the side, which is... technically possible, but doesn't seem too smart. :P Honestly, I'm also wondering about the balconies on the building; it doesn't look like there's any way to access them, so I'm wondering why they are there (besides aesthetics, I suppose).

Beyond those little problems, though, the map looks very nice. The layering in particular works well for me, and the banners and such are a nice touch. :)

Oh, one more thing that I just noticed: I'm not sure the depth of the roof lines up correctly across the front of the building. Take a look at the front portion (the part that sticks out the most) in relation to how the balconies protrude, then all of that in relation to the sides of the building. The perspective just seems really off to me when I look at it closely. I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

And thank you for the comments on my screenshots, I'm glad to know that everything seems fitting. We were a little concerned that it might be too dark, but no one has commented on that, so we're feeling a little better about it now. :)

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
To Daria: I agree with IAMFORTE about the building seeming too close to the cliff edge. Looks like the back of the building would be hanging off the side, which is... technically possible, but doesn't seem too smart. :P Honestly, I'm also wondering about the balconies on the building; it doesn't look like there's any way to access them, so I'm wondering why they are there (besides aesthetics, I suppose).

Beyond those little problems, though, the map looks very nice. The layering in particular works well for me, and the banners and such are a nice touch. :)

Oh, one more thing that I just noticed: I'm not sure the depth of the roof lines up correctly across the front of the building. Take a look at the front portion (the part that sticks out the most) in relation to how the balconies protrude, then all of that in relation to the sides of the building. The perspective just seems really off to me when I look at it closely. I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

And thank you for the comments on my screenshots, I'm glad to know that everything seems fitting. We were a little concerned that it might be too dark, but no one has commented on that, so we're feeling a little better about it now. :)

Still working on the doors, although there's no reason the balconies couldn't be accessed from the side. Depends on how I decide to map the interior.

Edit: Also yeah, I'm not happy with how the roof fits together, it's a fault of the tileset and something I'm going to have to redraw. Oh. NVM. I see it now, the roof is too short over the forward most part of the building. Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:27:47 PM by Daria »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
@Fall from Eden, I really like atmospheric maps, Is this an adventure game by any chance?
@Darla, I agree that the roof needs some...work, it just feels flat.

Here's what happens when you just want to clean an ungodly dirty home.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:44:27 PM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
I hate chimera infestations. :/

Annnnnnnd fixed. Hopefully.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This page of screenshots is so amazing I might bookmark it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 60
That looks way, way better Daria. Can't see anything wrong with it at all now. :)

To Nessiah: Yes, one game we're working on at the moment is a psychological horror game with adventure-style gameplay and puzzles. As for your screenshot, I love the tone of it and the subtle lighting; the only thing that really sticks out to me is the frayed red banner. Seems awfully ornamental given the surroundings. I also can't comment on much of the rest of the map, considering it's obscured by Ralph's (awesome!) face graphic. :P

Rep:
Level 58
RPG Maker Master

A watercave...

Rep:
Level 85
well done, i just have an issue with the water falls on the left side, they seem odd.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
well done, i just have an issue with the water falls on the left side, they seem odd.

Yeah, I noticed those right off. I'd add some kind of hole for the water to be pouring out of or just remove them. It's still a great map, though. The fish add a degree of life that I can enjoy.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 75
Hey these look great I have not used rpg maker xp in a long time i think i may go back to it.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 87
????
 Since I hate only seeing a part of my map, I uploaded the whole thing. Auto tiles are a bit weird at the moment.
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Two issues-
I don't see an exit
The top-right corner tile is missing its tree cover

Rep:
Level 87
????
Two issues-
I don't see an exit
The top-right corner tile is missing its tree cover

Deciding where to put exits ;p

That corner has been there for awhile, but I was to lazy to fill it in for whatever reason.

Rep:
Level 85
(Just a Personal Quip)
I don't like the way you did the boundaries of the map with the autotile and the half trees, even in xp those autotiles always stuck out as odd, could you not tile things like it is in vx and paste them down instead?

Rep:
Level 87
????
(Just a Personal Quip)
I don't like the way you did the boundaries of the map with the autotile and the half trees, even in xp those autotiles always stuck out as odd, could you not tile things like it is in vx and paste them down instead?
I don't quite understand what you're trying to get at. What do you mean by, "Paste them down".

Rep:
Level 85
sorry, like this

Spoiler for:

Thats the best example I can find atm XD

maybe this (although its bland)

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
????
Oh I see! I might do that, but the autotiles kind of give the feeling of really high trees. We'll see ;p

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
Spoiler for:

My crappy geometry "library" that I am working on. This shows the draw_line function failing to do what I want it to.