RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, that's why I'm reworking the death. I'm making it less "die, music cuts out, respawn a second alter" and more "you're dead, bitch"

I gave up and stopped playing Cave Story for months after not being able to beat the final cave. Now THAT was hard. I came back after a while, kept trying and finally beat it, and it felt so good.

Is there anything about the controls that pisses you off? Too loose?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I personally think the platforms are a bit too small.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
yeah that's the jist of it, it's just not the controls, it's just the early levels are not very forgiving at least not down where you get the sword.  if that's the start of the game I'd personally rework that area a bit.

and like i mentioned before, the slimes and their knockback into lava can go fuck itself.

it's mainly a specific few jumps in that area that are sorta rough for a beginner area. most of which are on the way back, maybe if there was a save near the sword?

Rep:
Level 82
Here's a screenie from me^^

It's a part of a coastal town I'm working on. Tell me what you think about?

Lemme smang it gurl
Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
the edges on the clouds are a little jagged. i'm not feeling those little puddles (by the sign at the top and beneath the palm tree on the far right), either. those are more suited for world maps; notice the little palm tree.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

So I have an issue with this screen shot, I dont care about colors or saturation or the pissing match your all having over that....What I care about is the fact that I can barley see the player character....

I can see mega man perfectly, how ever in yours I had to look three times to see it...Now you can defend your color choices and pixel choices with what ever moderator logic your "I like it the way it is and its not changing" brain holds, how ever.....darken up the character, add some shading, maybe a bit darker colors...make him/her/it/they stick out....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
That isn't my screenshot.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Umm I can see the guy just fine.

I'm back.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Now you can defend your color choices and pixel choices with what ever moderator logic your "I like it the way it is and its not changing" brain holds

Ever heard the expression "The pot calling the kettle black"?
It's a very interesting little idiom. You should look it up.

And I can also see the guy just fine.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Now you can defend your color choices and pixel choices with what ever moderator logic your "I like it the way it is and its not changing" brain holds,

...how does being a moderator have anything to do with it?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Umm I can see the guy just fine.

I thought it was....my appoligies...

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I like how you avoided replying to all the other posts. It really makes us think of you as a strong person.
Now you can defend your color choices and pixel choices with what ever moderator logic your "I like it the way it is and its not changing" brain holds, how ever.....
There's a slight chance I'm going to print this quote off and stick it on my wall so I can appreciate its ignorant irony every day.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
"I like it the way it is and its not changing"

that's what you do every fucking time you post here adrien. at least Irock can take criticism and improve his game. why haven't you left yet?

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
"I like it the way it is and its not changing"

that's what you do every fucking time you post here adrien. at least Irock can take criticism and improve his game. why haven't you left yet?

This is true but it sounds a bit harsh...
For the sake of us falling waaaay off topic, I've come with some screenshots.

A Pacman minigame. It's an Easter Egg. You get an achievement for playing it.
Yes, Pacman. I'm making this because you've helped me a lot.
Spoiler for:

This is the boss battle I've been working so hard on. It uses Yggdrasil ABS. I'm planning on changing the "There!" to a sound effect. That way, gameplay is quicker.
The bar over her head is an Aggro bar. When that bar is full, the boss will try a new attack where he/she will be vulnerable.
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:23:50 AM by rgangsta »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think it'll be pretty easy to see the player character in-game. Considering, you know, you're controlling him.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
so before you spazz out and scream ...THAR BE NO SHADOWS..... i'm not  done >_>.....

---> Yes there be mapping errors.....stop spazzing out....its not done

Focus on the girl under the chandelier ....does that look weird? Should I put a shadow under it WHEN I DO THE SHADOWS...to give it depth to make people think...."oh...its hanging from the roof..."

There will probably only be one chandelier instead of two on the lower part, and possibly two up above...

also -> what tips do you have for doing static characters....Such as, for example, the static guards  have on the wall for the castle map I posted. That was easy to do static characters But I was thinking of throwing in a couple of statics here.....ideas? suggestions.....apples and possible bananas?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:43:55 PM by Adrien. »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Please, for the love of god, save us your banter and instead say something like "It's still a wip and I haven't done the shadows yet."

The niches on the sides of the second floor look bizarre without a wall on their north face.

Do you have an aversion to symmetry? Why is the center misaligned and too wide? Fix that. No human designs layouts with off-center objects in main walkways. This is bold because you seem to ignore rectifying these egregious decisions.

The chandeliers look odd. I'd maybe make them transparent. I don't know about the shadows; they could help quite a bit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:38:01 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Interesting. i dont think I will keep the chandelier then....I cant make it look "raised".....Any ways thanks for that. As stated before I already know of the mapping issues, hence why I said its not done <- in regards to your...floor comment

Also:

Scroll down to see the finished image

Doesn't look weird in her tut...I was using it as a reference guide, I know they look "similar" ....

I will have a finished image later :D

No I am just having issues with the shadows >_>

I made them 65% opacity...The shadows I am talking about are the ones along the walls, the straight black lines to give the walls depth.....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:19:23 AM by Adrien. »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The niches on the sides of the second floor look bizarre without a wall on their north face.
Also,

Basically, this illustrates your 'aversion to symmetry' that Mr. Burns mentioned (that you seemed to somehow not read). The ellipse at the bottom, there is more space on the right than there is on the left. This is once again illustrated with the two lines directly above it. The two ovals about center of the image mark the plants that they encompass, showing that they are at different heights on the map.
The two lines at the top show that the right side of the map is about 1 tile wider than the left. The more circular outline shows where a niche should be, but isn't. The rest of the lines show things that should be aligned, but aren't.
Also, your shadow placement makes it seem like the light is coming only from the left, when really it's coming from pretty much everywhere. I also think the door on the lower right needs some re-evaluating, it would seem much better if its handle were on the other side.
Keep in mind that most of this is nitpicking, but it really makes your game look better.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Thanks Pacman

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Hey, actual paths.

Anyway, here's a map. It's intended to be a title screen; the character is just for show.

Spoiler for:

Just wanted to post the final version of this screenshot.

Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
Whoa, that's beautiful, Ryosis. But you see that blue flower/grass thing? Can you put more of it in? Just a suggestion. I think I'd look way cooler. Besides, I can't see it too well with the logo in the way.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
That is beautiful inded. I especially love the bare trees.

My one nitpick is the lamppost in front of the back bench; it just doesn't seem right. Hmm...You've probably tried this already, but how does it look with the front bench and lamppost pushed back a few tiles and the back bench removed?

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
@Ryosis - Maybe move the back bench down towards the lamppost a little more? Also, what's with the wood pile near the bench? There doesn't seem to be any need for it. All in all, though, it's a lovely map. Great job!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A map from me, this time. It went from this:

To this:

And this is how it will look when you revive the area:
Spoiler for:

Any thoughts or suggestions? Also, face! ~<3

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Quote from: Ryosis

Not really relevant to the screenshot, but a word of caution: put less emphasis on the word "fable." I'm pretty sure it's trademarked, and if you have aspirations of this game becoming popular, it's something to consider.