RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
I like it. Espescially the screen tint. It looks great!

Opinion time!

Small or larger arrows?

Rep:
Level 82
@Malson

You think? I think it has a pretty cool shape but I might change. And also, I am not aiming for my maps being "IRL" styled, if that's where you're going.

@littlesatyr

Thank you! Kajini from RMVX.Net? And I don't know about the arrows.. Perhaps the smaller ones?

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
luiishu: Yup! ^.^ Thanks. I've changed them to the small ones and imo they look much better. =)

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
@luiishu535
Spoiler for:
Done some simple snow mapping for my game and to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with the result:

With Minimap.

Without Minimap.

Constructive critisms are taken positively :)

Lovely map. I was just playing your demo and your maps are very well constructed. I gotta give it up to you, you're really good.

@littlesatyr
Spoiler for:
I like it. Espescially the screen tint. It looks great!

Opinion time!

Small or larger arrows?

The tinting is perfect. It gives a great detail to the water. Your map is great as well. I would say leave the arrows as they are. They look fine.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Now, it's my turn to post my screenies. I've been working on these a lot.

User Input cutscenes. No more continuous reading either. Text can be easily skipped through by pressing and hold [SHIFT].
In this screenshot, this shows the first cutscene. Press "A" too late and you get shot but press "A" on time an the cutscene continues as normal. Keep an eye out for these.
Spoiler for:

Mission complete screen. Your mission will be evaluated at the end. Depending on how fast you were, the enemies you killed, people saved, deaths, or saves, you will get a positive or negative rank. Thus giving you points to upgrade the character.
Spoiler for:

Take pictures of selected events and wear their clothes. Just in case fighting or hiding in shadows is no longer an option. Further info on this will be in the next update. If you've played Spy Fiction, this is just like using the 3DA camera.
Spoiler for:

Unlockables such as achievements and art gallery.
Spoiler for:

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Found someone to make a video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhlAJtZ5rc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhlAJtZ5rc</a>

So how many people have to suck up to you before you release it publicly? :o

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Can't say I like the shadows under that tree on the right. They are not transparent in the least, and don't match the other trees. Aside from that, the birds nest in the top left corner seems a little off.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I don't usually post screenshots, but ...

The map in the bg is a placeholder, as I'll probably go with VX RTP style. But the portrait and message box didn't turn out half-bad. It's been a while since I've done a portrait from scratch, so I hope I'm not too rusty.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:13:18 AM by Lunarea »
My current project:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Her torso is freakin' me out.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
Err how so?

She does have a bit of an awkward pose and I'm probably going to spend quite a bit of time fixing up things I don't like, but it helps to know exactly what's wrong with it. :)

Edit:
I lengthened her torso a bit and did a few other fix-ups. Hopefully it looks better now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:13:07 AM by Lunarea »
My current project:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
it looks ok, but now we have a different problem: her left arm is a stick. It's too thin, especially compared to the arm in back. Or, it could be a result of that part of her arm being longer than it should be, meaning you would need to lengthen your upper arm and shorten your lower arm.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
that head does not fit right on that neck.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Thanks for the C&C! I'll be sure to fix it up.  :)
My current project:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Thanks for the C&C! I'll be sure to fix it up.  :)
Not a problem, We're always ready to be as cruelly honest as possible to push our fellow members towards greatness... Some just misconstrue our intentions... :P
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 75
Looks good but very bright and hard to see the details.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Imma just leave these here.

Spoiler for:

The front foyer as it looks updated. You can see that I like the aura of light effect.

It looks brighter because of the flare from the gun, which has a new animation effect.

The knife from Genesis Project is back, and with some actual animation to it.

Fancy that, finding a shotgun in a survival horror. What are the odds?

And quickly...

Spoiler for Old Map:
Spoiler for New Map:

That is all.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Zylos, the last one is looking nice!

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 82
Hopefully the shadows under some trees are lighter:
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
The problem wasn't so much that they were dark, but that they were opaque. Because they were opaque, it showed up as just flat black, making it look dark.

Now it is a bit lighter, but for some reason it is still not right. If you look at the other pics, you'll see that they have much darker shadows, but that the colors and shape of the grass remains intact (something you don't see on the lighter, grey shadows)

Rep:
Level 82
Mm...you do have a point there. I'll fix it immediately.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

all your shadows clash with eachother...

So I have been re-mapping some stuff for War of the Souls, Soul Cry. As chapter 0 comes to a close I have a couple remaps of some common areas. It should be noted that:

I have a HP vs19b monitor so while these look dark on my lap top monitor, on my second monitor they look perfect, as it is a HD monitor meant for watching movies and TV shows.

These look really beautiful on my second monitor but very dull, lifeless and dark on my main monitor.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:34:04 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 75
They look great from my end.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
w.i.p

what i have done so far....

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

all your shadows clash with eachother...

That's literally what I just told him.