RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Here is an idea replace the sprites with their face graphics then put their sprites in the bottom right corner of the face graphic.

The sprites are the face pics. This is how I am doing face pics through out my game. I hate the typical face pics and would rather show the sprites.

@Adrien - I don't mind the colour coding, but the positioning is kind of off (the centres are off). Some of it is probably intentional, like the class right-oriented and the names centred, but the positioning is noticably off between the characters and the stats, like:

(the numbers above the dotted lines are how many pixels are between the edge of the bar and the centre line (which I made based on the middle of the characters)

Based on that, Emit's character graphic should be moved to the left 2-3 pixels, Levious' 5-6, and Enix's 2-3. Keana is centred already.

It's not a huge deal, of course, but I did find it noticable. There's also a lot of empty space. It might help to just double the size of the sprites, I don't know.

One: Thats the scripts doing the "off setting." I have tried to figure out how to change them and am Still working on it - how ever it may be a permanent thing.

Two: Some one mentioned color coding being an issue - That will be explained in an upcoming blog post and update to the Game War of the Souls, Soul Cry.

Three: Indenting is also done by the scripts, not by me. I do plan to have a hand cursor their when I can figure out how to globally replace the cursor with one of my own.

Four: Indenting of classes is done on purpose.

I hope that answers all questions/comments/concerns - if not please post any other questions/comments/concerns

I love the controversy and anger this game creates in some people across all forums. Makes me know I am doing something right :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Are you sure it's the script doing the offsetting? I would find it odd for a script to not be able to centre a graphic unless it was one of very general application fitted to the scene. I was assuming this was a mod of the Shanghai FF13 menu layout for YEM and for the profile pics you were just pasting the character set into the (perceived) middle. If that's the case, then you'd just have to edit that graphic and move it over.

If not though, that is a weird problem for a script, as it is not hard to centre a graphic. You should post it in the Scripts board and have someone fix it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:24:54 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
The chances of some one actually caring enough to look at it is slim to none. However I do have a more pressing issue then "alignment" problems which will be looked at here shortly. That is the cursor script that is being a "d*uche"

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
The chances of a script request for VX being filled on this forum are very high, as long as you use the script request template and be clear enough about your request someone will help you.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Mockup from an auto-updater/launcher for Nora's Dragon Stories. It updates, it... launches, and it provides the function to have one single save file for all four games. Also, you have to complete chapter 1 in order to play chapter 2, etc.

- 

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
What scripts are you using to do such updates?

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
It's written in C++ native, so it's a seperate application. The only involvement of ruby is a script that checks wether the game is finished or not and the unique save system, which creates an encrypted save file which can be read by all 4 .exes.
  - 

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
One: Thats the scripts doing the "off setting." I have tried to figure out how to change them and am Still working on it - how ever it may be a permanent thing.

Two: Some one mentioned color coding being an issue - That will be explained in an upcoming blog post and update to the Game War of the Souls, Soul Cry.

Three: Indenting is also done by the scripts, not by me. I do plan to have a hand cursor their when I can figure out how to globally replace the cursor with one of my own.

Four: Indenting of classes is done on purpose.

I hope that answers all questions/comments/concerns - if not please post any other questions/comments/concerns

I love the controversy and anger this game creates in some people across all forums. Makes me know I am doing something right :D
Or that you're doing something incredibly wrong due to your retarded inability to take criticism constructively and put it to good use. The indenting is retarded and more people concern themselves with the aesthetics of something more than you think. Center the "Lv", "HP" and "MP" to the center of the bars. It looks god awful the way it is.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:06:05 AM by Firerain »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I think the distance between the bars is uneven too. The level and hp bars are further apart than the hp and mp bars.
This would /not/ be a hard thing to fix if you asked someone with the template as TDS so kindly suggested.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I think the distance between the bars is uneven too. The level and hp bars are further apart than the hp and mp bars.
This would /not/ be a hard thing to fix if you asked someone with the template as TDS so kindly suggested.

The bars were done in illustrator and I checked the distance - they are evenly placed. Do you mean the bars behind the hp/mp? they are not actual bars just "decoration." They are also evenly spaced (according to illustrator) one above the other.

Or that you're doing something incredibly wrong due to your retarded inability to take criticism constructively and put it to good use. The indenting is retarded and more people concern themselves with the aesthetics of something more than you think. Center the "Lv", "HP" and "MP" to the center of the bars. It looks god awful the way it is.

Did you really have to quote something that large.

Any ways: Ya shallowlistic (yes I just made up that word) people who don't are about usability and only want something that looks nice. (cough Windows Vista cough).

I take all criticism. I may not apply it :P but I take it :D. They are (as mentioned) not bars, just decoration. as They are dented 2-5 px's in from the sides (may be changes as I dont like where mp, hp and lv sit that close to the edge).

Moving such minor details around like hp, mp and level is harder then you think because A) i know nothing of ruby so its a good, slow learning process and B ) The way it is sripted, moving one element requires you move the number associated with the label (so if I move Hp I also move its number) which is retarded and a poor way of doing things.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:53:06 AM by Adrien. »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Ya shallowlistic (yes I just made up that word) people who don't are about usability and only want something that looks nice. (cough Windows Vista cough).

For someone who puts a ridiculous amount of detail in each map, I'd think you would care about the look of something a player has to see constantly over and over again throughout the game.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
well no one said it was finished. LOL. the feed back here helps me redesign specific elements that I think need to be redesigned. Maps are where people spend 80-90% of their game. Menus are spent in for about 2 minutes maybe less. I am less worried about the look of a menu then I am about the look of a map the size of the forest.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The player will spend more time in the menus than anywhere else in the game. Make them not hate it.
And for some reason, the Lv bar looks different to the HP and MP bars. If you swear they're the same distance apart, it's something else. :S

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
The player will spend more time in the menus than anywhere else in the game. Make them not hate it.
And for some reason, the Lv bar looks different to the HP and MP bars. If you swear they're the same distance apart, it's something else. :S
Not capitalized and a smaller font size compared to HP and MP. It was bothering me too.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I think I got something else: it's not as high as the other two.
I don't mean y-coordinates, I mean how many pixels the window goes for on the y axis.

Rep:
Level 82

As you can see, I was trying out the light effects. Is it too distracting/bright? Or should I leave it as it is?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Something I always wanted to do, but never found a pixel artist to work with and do it.

Went ahead and did it with the original files.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Very Cool TDS

And Zacpower? I'd add more things to you maps, they seem a bit empty, as for the lightng, depending on where the character is, its not always distractive

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
As you can see, I was trying out the light effects. Is it too distracting/bright? Or should I leave it as it is?
WHERE ARE MY SHADES OH GOD.
srs though too bright and washed out.

Menus are spent in for about 2 minutes maybe less.
>rpg
>2 minutes in the menu
hahahaha

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Menus are spent in for about 2 minutes maybe less.
>rpg
>2 minutes in the menu
hahahaha

Especially when you consider that most games have a linear play style and many places won't be visited ever again (in the case of dungeon areas) or only used to find that one plot point or hidden item that was designed to send the player back to a certain city
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10

The very tip of the banner appears to be touching the ground. I'm not sure if this is the intended effect, but to me that is what it looks like. The banner is around two tiles high and the walls are certainly two tiles high. If you are after the effect of a hanging banner, I would suggest using a smaller graphic or increasing the depth of the map downward.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 82

I think you should remove the shadows surrounding/behind the flag.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

I think you should remove the shadows surrounding/behind the flag.

Unless the effect is a banner that touches the ground, in which case, the banner is perfect as is, in my opinion... Of course, again, this is all based on assumptions on the intended effect.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
@Sashikinaroji: The flag should touch the ground, as it is about the height oh the wall.
@Adrien: You should have the shadow for the ceiling.
I dont understand, in some maps you overdetail it and in this this screenshot it lacks detail so much o_O? The overshadow may cover the map overall, but what's with the inconsistency?
@TDS: awesome screenie <3 I've always love that battlesystem :x
Do you mind if I ask that is for a private project or it will get released?
I support \\(>O<)b