RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
eh - it makes the whole map pop more on high res screens and on low res screens it just helps the map stick out more

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I was supposed to get post 2500 :bigmad:
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

some people are so inconsiderate.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
some people are so inconsiderate.
Im one such person :P
@Adrien. - Ah, ill just have to get used to it
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
@Adrien- I think the cutoff is really jarring like that. Maybe you could add an edge to the sides, like a cliff edge tile or something.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
already tried that before hand it made it look like floating islands, so unfrotently no I cannot. Other people really like the cut offs, its intentional

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
This is a western-inspired town by the name of Oakwood. It was a lot of fun to map, but it took forever.
My current project:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
is it just me, or is there a depth error in the bank... It looks like it only juts out by one tile at the bottom, but there are (two?) tiles jutted out on top, giving the appearance of leaning...

So, the question becomes: Intentional or no?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't get that. I think it looks fine.
I love Luna's amazing RTP-esque mapping. It fills me with joy.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
My mind is trying to comprehend why such a setup has appeared/been built in Madotsuki's head.

Explain.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Because it's not in Madotsuki's head that it's in. Also, the game was created as a parody of Yume Nikki and its fan games. I haven't gotten very far on it.

Basically, the story is that the denizens of the dream world are fed up with dreamers going around stabbing or generally killing them off, so they've constructed a jail for offenders. The main character was caught in such a violent act and is now being held within the jail.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:43:22 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I agree with Sash, the crate in front of the bank sorta gives the idea that it's leaning.

@Exhydra, didn't the birdmen always send you to a "jail" if you touched them? Don't want to make this into a Yume Nikki debate; just curious.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
That's correct, which is who caught her. Or rather, a bird woman disguised as an arm from the White Desert who was in a sting operation. It's just meant to be silly and things need not make sense. At any rate, I didn't get very far and the silliness doesn't quite show up clearly as I was more concerned with scripting and layouts at the time. The game has pretty much been side-lined for the time being.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I hadn't noticed a depth error, but I see it now that it's mentioned. I will make sure it's fixed! Thank you.  ;D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
My first attempt at VX mapping, something seems off >.<

Rep:
Level 82
The tables in the upper right hand and left hand corners are blocking the walking area and don't really need to be that large. Also, I feel that the rocky ground that is used in places where the dark grey tiles are absent kind of blends in with the tops of the walls. It may look better if they were a darker shade. Maybe a little too crazy with the tubes, but then I don't know anything about the story behind the map.

Other than that, layout and placement looks solid. Things work together nicely. Possibly upgrade the bunk-beds so that they were metal as well, but that's just a nit-pick thing.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Okay, thanks : )

Rep:
Level 75
I haven't post a screenshot in a while so here is one from a recent part in my game.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Lost of in game screen shots and one giant map.

Spoiler for:

I removed the mini map feature from the game

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
@adrien: What can I say ...? Hmm, most of the time, details are good. But over-detail is ... meh. Your map can be very complicated to look at, and trust me, that is not essentially a good thing. Experience mapper gives their map just about enough detail, and keep the colors to a perfect blend (Ronove, Lunarea, Celianna, or that guy ak-number something), and not just randomly throw stuffs in map thinking it might look good like in your map: Take the fourth map for example, suddenly a cherry blossom blooming in middle? wth ...

and the clash of tiles are horrid. You have Celianna's custom vx tiles, and the same time you use xp cave o_O? Their style and color dont even match ... it's horrid, really.

And I'm not the fan of the mini map you are using either ... its simplicity does not fit well in your "colorful" map at all. Just take the mini map out :/
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I have removed the mini map as stated.

- I actually spend a lot of time out side and see just how much nature puts the bam in the word detail. From the various colors and clashing of colors (because of people planting things that spread) to everything.

-You just throw shit down and say its a map... I have actually had that said. Um no. Like I said I take long walks most of the time and I pay attention to how say plants are with trees and what grows where.  my maps can take 30 minutes to 30 hours. like that forest. These things are carefully planned to bring a life, a mix of color to make the color pop and a sense of realisim. At most I never leave with less then 50 layers while the forest was 550 (most trees) the idea is that I aim high, too much is better then nothing at all, and while some spots yes it could be toned down - i think it really makes the map more realistic.

- Clashing - I disagree heavily with you on thing I think the tiles flow perfectly together and have yet to (besides you) be told other wise. How ever I thank you for your input on that.

-- These pink trees you see every where are not cherry blossoms. they are trees that keep the forests alive with magical essence. - its explained in game.

- Not every one - like you - will like my maps, you hate them because they "lash" and are "unrealistic with you throwing things down" that's ok. I take all forms of feed back and appreciate it and thank you for taking your time to care.

Thanks for your feed back

oh and ak47 was his name.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
honestly, I dont' see where aurelia is coming from, I think Adrien's maps are pretty tits (for lack of effort to find a better word), except that sometimes, the interior objects seem to not make sense (skewed table, sacks in the outcropped corner, random papers on the floor of what appears to be a somewhat public library), although I am sure there was some reason fro the table, as it is above a ruffled carpet... but I would figure that normally, a guild hall would be kept in better order...

EDIT: pac is gonna be pissed... He missed top billing again...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
When mapping, your first and foremost thought should be "Is this map straight-forward and easily navigable by a player". If you have tons of clutter and trees overhanging your path, your player will have a hard time navigating through it. You're not just making pretty pictures. The maps have to be practical in a game setting.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
seriously you're making a GAME not a PAINTING.

also sashiki, shut up no one likes you and you smell bad. take a shower once in a while.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
honestly, I dont' see where aurelia is coming from, I think Adrien's maps are pretty tits (for lack of effort to find a better word), except that sometimes, the interior objects seem to not make sense (skewed table, sacks in the outcropped corner, random papers on the floor of what appears to be a somewhat public library), although I am sure there was some reason fro the table, as it is above a ruffled carpet... but I would figure that normally, a guild hall would be kept in better order...

EDIT: pac is gonna be pissed... He missed top billing again...

There is a reason down in the guild hall -> There moving furniture in and out and out of up stairs. youll find out why in game

When mapping, your first and foremost thought should be "Is this map straight-forward and easily navigable by a player". If you have tons of clutter and trees overhanging your path, your player will have a hard time navigating through it. You're not just making pretty pictures. The maps have to be practical in a game setting.

I dont make pretty "pictures" if i wanted to i would use paint. LOL. I make worlds. in the real world your going to have sections of bush where its like "Can i pass through that?" turns out you can.

Thanks for the input and feed back.