RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 75
What maker are you using???

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
My first attempt at recording my own scripts.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIGjMtFlwE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIGjMtFlwE</a>

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
cray,
The red brick really clashes with the red roof.

I think you should vary the ghost world and living world more. You're losing a lot of potential by keeping the two worlds nigh identical.

Rep:
Level 83
The idea of making them almost identical is because the transition is done slowly so the 2 maps are seen at the same time for a while.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I don't mean remove houses and destroy walls.

The rocks are identical, the flowers are identical, the cracks are identical, the drapes are identical. Give one different rocks, more rocks, more cracks, different cracks, more grass. Subtly vary the two worlds and they're look substantially better.

You already gave the underworld signs and gave the living world doors, so I can't see how varying the terrain slightly would deaden the transitions.

Rep:
Level 83
The signs and doors are just error, I've yet to add doors to the underworld, and forgot to add the signs in the living world...
anyway I think I could vary things up, but it's a pretty short scene, and I think it's not worth it to change things around too much, probably add a few things but the general tileset is meant to be just a color change.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I'm still sorry.

Its okay, all is forgiven :3

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
My very first attempt to parallax mapping. Might look strange because of my awesome pasting skills, sorry for that.
  - 

Rep:
Level 84
That's pretty awesome. You should show the layers you used!

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks! Hmm, well, I didn't use any specific layers: just a lot (and I mean a LOT) of seperate trees and bushes. :P

I've created a very basic map in VX: just the mountains, the water, the grass and the house, and then I went to Photoshop. Once there, I first burned the grass on a couple of places and I put a stone texture under the grass, after which I masked some of the grass so that the stone became visible as a path. The same for the sand.

And then it's just a matter of pasting a LOT of trees everywhere, bushes beneath and above them, putting 10 minutes in each piece of grass and just make the picture complete. :D

I just had to merge some of the layers after a while, because PS began to lag. :P

But thanks! It's for an intro of a little game for a game contest, by the way.
  - 

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That is amazing. Do want.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
That is amazing. Do want.
Thanks! I'll show you some more later on, because I'll parallax-map the whole game.
  - 

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Is this Nora we're talking about? Because the maps in that look beautiful. It looks like you spent a lot of time on them, and it pays off.
I actually really want to play that game.

Rep:
Level 83
Is this Nora we're talking about? Because the maps in that look beautiful. It looks like you spent a lot of time on them, and it pays off.
I actually really want to play that game.
Hehe no, sorry, this is for a little game I'm creating, "Prove" (for a Dutch Game contest). The maps of Nora's Dragon Stories, however, are quite similar regarding the style, only that's RMXP. Glad you like it! I did spend a lot of time in them.
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
Japur looks nice, Don't know if it's worth it to make a panorama just to change some minor things, but that's your decition.
Here's a battle screen inside the current stage I'm doing, a haunted house.

Rep:
Level 72
Spell Card User
There are a lot of pretty cool things in that screenshot, but I would definitely fix the HP value appearing over the facesets. Also, are you doing rows for the battlers? Otherwise I would move Mr. Blondie up with the rest of the party~ XD What's really really cool is how the shadows are detailed according to the monsters, not just some dark ellipsis beneath them ^^

Did I ever post this screenshot here? o.o Animated cutscenes :D

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I really like that screenshot cray.

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks Strike and heaven!
I can't do much for the numbers, it's how rm2003 handles characters battle status windows... =P
EDIT: nevermind, I was able to edit the character window, so now the numbers are not over the faceset.
and the problem with rows is that they can't be modified to make the characters in those position, because it's designed for a sideview battlesystem, not a 3/4 view battlesystem. So I have to place each character on a individual spot, and because I have 7 characters, some of them have to get a bit farther away from the rest.
Heaven I love that screenshot, is that a battleanimation? loooks great!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:14:08 PM by cray »

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
@Heaven Miracle:
I think it looks nice, but its a bit small for my (terrible) eyes to see fully. I like the animation you have though, very nice looking :)

@Cray:
Already commented on that piece on RRR, but I'll say it nonetheless :)

I like it, very nice, especially the sprites and hud design. I like how its pretty simple but doesn't ruin anything and also isn't big to fancy, flashing images xD
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
And now, here comes Arrow to TOTALLY SHOCK EVERYONE.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
:O
Is this the thing you were telling me about? Looks good.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Thank ya packer :)

Rep:
Level 75
Looks great, from the looks of things it seems you are making a megaman fan game it should be interresting

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 81
My very first attempt to parallax mapping. Might look strange because of my awesome pasting skills, sorry for that.
I love the way, the path is overlapped by the grass.
BTW, you did you manage to make the change from cliff top to grass look so nice?
Do you use a brush with the grass texture, or do you copy/paste the grass and its edges from the tile?

Rep:
Level 83
I love the way, the path is overlapped by the grass.
BTW, you did you manage to make the change from cliff top to grass look so nice?
Do you use a brush with the grass texture, or do you copy/paste the grass and its edges from the tile?
Thanks! I did that with a mask on the grass.

As for the cliff, I just kept pasting pieces of the grass autotile on the cliff. Afterwards I put a very small dropshadow under the grass.
  -