RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I like it : ) although that fence throws me off for some reason...

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Your cloud shadows seem... very pixelated.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Hey, I need some advice for this map. The is the keep of a castle; however, the main tower of the keep is inverted (under ground). Just to explain the smallness of the building. The map itself feels rather incomplete to me. I'm already killing the cracks and the vines. Is there any advice to be had?

Rep:
Level 73
Flipping sausage with game and watch is a pastime!
lolz, dont be too harsh, its my first town :P

Rep:
Level 84
Mine!
Spoiler for amazingness:

Solar: You've improved it tons since you posted it here (yes, I know him personally. He's a very good friend of mine)

Ramon: It seems too...blocky...and bland. Granted, it is RM2000, which makes it bland anyways. I don't get why there's a castle type thing in the middle of the town that's smaller than the houses above it?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:44:25 AM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 73
lolz, yeah i know its pretty bad:P but yours is really cool though!

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Mine!
Spoiler for amazingness:

Solar: You've improved it tons since you posted it here (yes, I know him personally. He's a very good friend of mine)

Ramon: It seems too...blocky...and bland. Granted, it is RM2000, which makes it bland anyways. I don't get why there's a castle type thing in the middle of the town that's smaller than the houses above it?

You're top right corner is off. It appear that the vertical wall is on ground level, which doesn't work. You should extend it all the way along, and then have a 1 hheight tile for the left side, instead of those stairs.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
This is an iPhone game I'm currently working on. The robot you see walks and walks, no matter what, and it's up to you to make him walk as long as possible, by changing the world he's walking in (e.g. removing obstacles and dragging bridges to gaps in the ground). What do you think? :D
  - 

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
About TDS's screenshot. That Minecraft styled crafting looks awesome :P i love it. Personal question. Are you going to publish script someday? All other crafting scrips are not too good, or are really limited, or hard to configure. Your looks perect ^^

Nope, I don't plan on releasing anymore public scripts.

For anyone who wants to see how the finished version looks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0GUK2Cq2E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0GUK2Cq2E</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0GUK2Cq2E

@The Shadow: That a very good map.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:52:56 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 84
You're top right corner is off. It appear that the vertical wall is on ground level, which doesn't work. You should extend it all the way along, and then have a 1 hheight tile for the left side, instead of those stairs.

What exactly do you mean by that? I think (I may be wrong) that the vertical wall that you're speaking of in the top right is my door. It is on ground level. And a 1-heaight tile for the left side instead of the stairs? Would I put a ladder there instead?

Rep:
Level 75
@Solar - The problem i see is that if it is a castle keep wouldnt there be less cracks and vines try replacing them with flags and things like that.

@DarkCodeZero - I have one question why are there chests on the walls?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You can walk on top of them. It's pretty obvious given the door and stairs in the lower left corner.

Rep:
Level 75
Well how dose it work the top of the wall is right next to the floor wouldnt you be able to walk right off and back on again.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Wow. There's these things...called scripts...that do things to alter how a game could play. You really have no brain.

Rep:
Level 84
Graf, you just made my day with that comment. It were funny.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
@luiishu535:
First, your avatar scares me (I'm afraid of Clowns) lol

Second, yes, I meant the fog :) I've never mapped with VX, so I was just wondering why you chose that fog and it kind of looked like water reflections to me :P
Winter is Coming

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Indoor mapping is my weakness.

Rep:
Level 73
if it makes you feel better (though it probably wont), it looks alot better than anything i can do :P

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
It actually looks decent, Shadow. You might want to put some more clutter around. Make it look a bit more lived-in.
I do like that you remembered that you can walk behind the walls (evidenced by the couch and lamppost that stick up).

Rep:
Level 83
Updated version of the game layout (iPhone game I mentioned before). Any comments?
Spoiler for Image:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:39:27 PM by Japur »
  - 

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Explain the differences, I can't tell, and I don't like having to scroll back and forth to see the images.

Rep:
Level 83
I've put a wheel under the character instead of a leg, because it looks better when he's going faster. :) And I've changed the ground a bit, with the lighter spots for example. :) And I didn't get any comments on the previous one, so I thought, let's try again. :D
  - 

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ok, first, your game doesn't really show much. It shows a robot and a field. Not exactly very impressive. Try a video. Then we can actually see a bit of the gameplay. Second, there was a post by someone, I forget who, that said something along the lines of "We don't care if you fixed up one map or added one new script, that's not worth a whole updated demo. We don't care and we don't want to hear it. Come back when you can say 'I finished another three scripts, ten maps, and overall about 25% of my game,' or 'I've finished 50% of my game!' Then we'll be interested."

I forget who wrote this, but you get the idea. That isn't EXACTLY what they said, but something like that.

Sorry if I seem like an overreacting prick.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:36:20 PM by Strak »

Rep:
Level 83
Wasn't that Ryex?

But hey, this is the screenshot topic, and I'm posting an 100% self made screenshot of an iPhone game, and I just wanted to ask what you all think of the graphics and the design and positioning of different elements. But if I got the topic title wrong, please tell me.

And I wouldn't post this updated version if I'd already have comments on my previous one, but I didn't, so I tried again. :)
  -