RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The trees are all dead, but there's two random clumps of flowers. Doesn't really make any sense to me.
Other than that, it isn't a horrible map, but the weird elevation use in the center is making my brain hurt. It's like a mind trick or something. One second I see a cliff, and the next I see a hole. I'm sure it's supposed to be a hole, or a chasm or something, but it feels awkward to me. It might just be me though.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Potential Boss Power?

Command Signal:

This lets you send out a signal beacon, effectively overwriting a lesser, functional enemy's software to allow you control of it...

...letting you do stuff like this. In this mock-up, X is using an enemy to reach a high platform.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:17:42 PM by Arrow-1 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That's pretty awesome.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
Danke. I'll be dreaming up more and posting them here as I get good ones.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The trees are all dead, but there's two random clumps of flowers. Doesn't really make any sense to me.
Other than that, it isn't a horrible map, but the weird elevation use in the center is making my brain hurt. It's like a mind trick or something. One second I see a cliff, and the next I see a hole. I'm sure it's supposed to be a hole, or a chasm or something, but it feels awkward to me. It might just be me though.
Then the maps purpose has been fulfilled muahahahahaha ~

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
@Sunny
I'm just noticing something that's bugging me. Your characters seem to be standing on the SIDE of the logs, not actually on top of them. It just doesn't look right to my eyes. If you were to move those logs down a few pixels in the tileset, it might look better, but that's really all there is. In any case, I'm not that great at mapping, so it's probably just fine, and the rest of the map is fantastic.
No, it's just like that, and the few pixels moving it would f*ck up the tileset @__@ and a lost of extra work. it's just the circle rune that's giving such a bad effect.

It's definitely not just the circle rune.  I zoomed in.  The character's feet are 80% of the way down the log.  They should be near the top.  She's not even standing on it right now, if anything it looks like the character is sitting on the log.  If you want her to be standing on top of the log, the log needs to be about 12 pixels lower.

This isn't hard to do and I don't see how it would mess up your tileset.  You just add a new log to your tileset that's 12 pixels lower on the tile than this one is, and use it for the new moving logs while using your same old log tile for all the old logs that can't be walked on.

You know XP tilesets can be infinitely tall, right?  If you want more tiles, you can always just make the image taller and add your new tiles to the bottom.  It won't affect any of your existing tiles...

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
--Battle system--

--Below Caterpillar System--

--After Math of a Battle--

--An example of of where you would find items--

--New guild battles--

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
are all the areas supposed to look like they are floating in the sky? not that it looks bad or anything just curious.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Ima post my shiz.
Now you can't say I hasn't contributed.

MOVE ALONG.

Rep:
Level 96
I really like those windows on the boot shop : O

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I mades em <3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
THERE'S CLOTHES IN THE BOOT SHOP.
LOOK IN THE WINDOWS!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
are all the areas supposed to look like they are floating in the sky? not that it looks bad or anything just curious.

No. Ever Played Final Fantasy tactics?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
THERE'S CLOTHES IN THE BOOT SHOP.
LOOK IN THE WINDOWS!

THATS CUZ ITS A CLOTHES SHOP <3

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Adrien: you should probably change the battler positions during combat so that people are... uh... on land.

Get rid of the shadows underneath the characters too, they look awful.  Not only do they look more like a UFO is hovering over the character's head and creating a shadow than anything else due to their retarded shape and retarded size, but also they don't interact properly with the trees and other objects on the background, covering things up that should be above the shadow.  Plus your dudes don't have shadows when not in a battle.  It's a disaster.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
A very simple World Map System Im working on:( Still in WIP)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like it. I would suggest creating a world map sprite for the player that is much smaller. Or, If the character ends up being distinct enough and you plan on not having the player walk around the map but only access areas via a mouse click, then you could change the sprite to just the character's portrait, or head.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Trying my hand at some XP. Straight up RTP. I opened program and used whatever tileset was at hand.

Rep:
Level 75
@Salad Fingers - what script are you using to show the map name I have never found one that has a icon with it.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 82
My first Screenie ever :O Be honest of what you think :)

LINK: http://img190.imageshack.us/i/perrynvillage.png/

Perryn Village, a small village surrounded by forest like areas. From my game: Castle Oblivion 3.

Castle Oblivion 3 Topic: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41086.0.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:46:44 PM by grafikal »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
One, don't double post. Two, you have to use the right tags to embed an image.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yes, use the correct tags and the correct LINK. I fixed your post and removed your double post because I hate them. I enjoy your screenshot.

Rep:
Level 82
Yes, use the correct tags and the correct LINK. I fixed your post and removed your double post because I hate them. I enjoy your screenshot.
Thanks! Glad you liked my screenshot :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Creator of Kaethos
I posted on my RPGgame thread an incomplete screen shot of Uther's Fortress. Just for the sake of showing people I'm making progress. So I thought well I might as well post it here.

I intend to add all the small stuff like long grass, fishermen, guards,  wildlife, plants and even signs. I just want an opinion of its current incomplete state and see if I'm going in the right direction.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
@erlyn: (one page back)
Your tileset is amazing, very beautiful. It reminds me of all the good the Snes did with graphics. The trees look amazing, I could see and know what the grass was, the dirt looks great with the grass and I adore the houses! And from what I see, the sprites match well with the tileset. The water looks great too, and I like that you made it so we could still see the cliff/side.

I don't really see anything bad about the mapping either, so I won't try to comment on it. :P

I do have a suggestion though...the boxes to the house to the left in the middle, I could barely tell what they are. Unless they aren't boxes?

Other than that, I think its perfect and very good job!

@luiishu535:
There's probably a reason for it and I'm just being silly, but I am very curious...why is there water reflections on the town?
Winter is Coming