RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh my. Now that's just beautiful.
I wish oyu good luck on finishing your project. :)

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Thanks for the positive feedback guys =)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
In other forums they close their screenshot threads when they get too big and start another one. :)

That's silly. :(

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Only one forum comes to mind that does that.

We all know its name. :3

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:52:40 PM by The Shadow »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I should play by the rules and post screenshots instead. :X
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UfmCGmm6so" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UfmCGmm6so</a>

Spoiler for Description:
Quote from: Project "Psyche" Menu
Yes, Psyche is a crossover game. :X

The menu shows how you will be able to pick a character at the start of the game. More characters will be available, it's just at the moment that I have only setup two characters in the menu.

The game will work similar to Romancing Saga. Quests and events are triggered (pseudo) randomly and most of the world will be explorable straight from the start. Also like Romancing Saga, you can pick a character to start with. Although you only pick one character, you meet others on your journey, including the other characters that are available in the character select menu.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I feel like (from a complete design stand-point) that you could bring in the text from the top and bottom more. The type is really squeezed in there. Also, I find that it would be nice to have a small animated arrow or some icon or note letting you know to continue scrolling through characters (whether that be up to down or left to right). I think the images you chose for the characters are great, however I think it'd be nice to have them all proportionate as well. It appears that Rikku is bigger than Dante in size here, but is more likely a lot smaller than him.

I love your posts Tez, lol. Videos are cooler than screenshots, man. >: D

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I feel like (from a complete design stand-point) that you could bring in the text from the top and bottom more. The type is really squeezed in there.

Could you explain a bit more? I see what you mean, but I need a bit more detail before I start changing the text around.

Also, I find that it would be nice to have a small animated arrow or some icon or note letting you know to continue scrolling through characters (whether that be up to down or left to right).

Awesome idea! I'll add that in next.  :)

I think the images you chose for the characters are great, however I think it'd be nice to have them all proportionate as well. It appears that Rikku is bigger than Dante in size here, but is more likely a lot smaller than him.

Yeah I noticed that. I'll edit them so they are the correct sizes.

I love your posts Tez, lol. Videos are cooler than screenshots, man. >: D

Haha, thanks.  :D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I feel like (from a complete design stand-point) that you could bring in the text from the top and bottom more. The type is really squeezed in there.

Could you explain a bit more? I see what you mean, but I need a bit more detail before I start changing the text around.

Sure thing.

Terribly fast shop job, lol.

Basically, making the text smaller or having less text to bring it in from the edges, giving the text more air to breath and a margin. It makes the text much easier to read (considering there's a lot there). Also making it so the text doesn't overlap your character images.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVp4ftC-PgU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVp4ftC-PgU</a>

Adding the margin was pretty difficult, so I only did it for one side due to how tight everything is (max size of a picture in 2k3 is 320x240). I couldn't make the text any smaller than it is now because of the how bad it looks when I do try to make it smaller, even when using anti-aliasing. I will be adding the arrows when I find (or sprite) suitable ones.

Auron gave me problems due to his proportion, so I may end up changing that later on. I also added the character stats, since they are quite important.

Oh and small background change. :X
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:32:49 PM by Tezuka »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh damn, that's way better. I like how you group the information much better than before. Very nice!

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
So I dig up an old project. I do stuff. I decide the system set sucks and mess around with it.

I wish there was a patch to fix this bug. I set messages to transparent and it makes battle menus just text. I think it looks neat... but the stats window will always have a background. (Using the transparency colour just makes it use... the transparency colour.)

But you don't want me moaning about that, how about some ambience work.

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
The ambiance in both screen shots is done very well.  I like the musty, darker feel to the maps.  The mapping itself though, could use some improvement.  Try not to utilize so many straight lines in your design and I think you'll find your maps to have a much more natural, more eye catching look to them.  Those lines are especially prevalent in your house/town map, and it threatens to make your map boring.  

As to your "problem" in the battle system, you can always make your own menu inherent in the Battle Backgrounds. ^_^

Guess I'll put up a preview of the next area I'm working on, trying a technique from SD3.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
It's probably just that screenshot, the map isn't too straight. :P ... I think.

Lessened the fog a bit too. Might still be a little dark though. The game is dark but I'm not sure how dark the village area should be... Welcoming and bright seem a little out of place.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:43:06 AM by Jirbytaylor »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
It's probably just that screenshot, the map isn't too straight. :P ... I think.

what I think he means is that most of your non-natural stuctures seem to be in square or rectangle shapes... very little use of jutting edges and the like...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
But they're buildings!

I think I need more variation in the flora anyway...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
your buildings are boring. not all buildings are square or rectangular. True they have a ton of 90 degree angles, but that doesn't mean you're limited to having 4 of them.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Why didn't you capitalize the first letter of the first word in your first sentence, yet you capitalized the first letter of the first word in your second sentence? That's just plain stupid.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Lawl, I thought MA, was like .. mega angry lolol.

Here's my first mapping evar.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It looks quite good for a first map. Doors or windows for that building might be nice though.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Why didn't you capitalize the first letter of the first word in your first sentence, yet you capitalized the first letter of the first word in your second sentence? That's just plain stupid.
why Are yoU Trying to troll Me?

I type how I want to type.

Lawl, I thought MA, was like .. mega angry lolol.

Here's my first mapping evar.

I really like your atmosphere, however I think it would be more fitting if there were more trees or more cliffs or something closing it in more. The light suggests that it's peaking through something or over something, wether it be a cliff or a canopy. I agree with MA that a door and some windows would really help. Also, I think you over did the random flora on the ground a bit. It looks kind of cluttery.

It's still on WIP though, but I've updated the map .. The theme was supposed to be dry and dying plants >w<, clumsy me .. I should lessen the green plants.

Thanks for the comments and advice guys!

Rep:
Level 102
Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea you had the authority to change the English language.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea you had the authority to change the English language.

Little known fact.

Hey, WAZZZZUP!!!
So this is my first time using the Inquisitor World Tileset, it is also the first continent in my game Alteria: The War of the Elementals. Keep in mind that I'm a beginner RPG Maker. :-\
I'll be making a post about that in the appropriate category. So tell what you think, both as a beginner and in general. Its about 90% done.

]
"Don't get mad, get naked" ~Scoot

«95% Percent of teens would die if miley cyrus was standing on the edge of a tower ready to jump, copy and paste if your a part of the 5% yelling "Jump Bitch!"»