RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
They look really good, but can I ask why there's a little semi-transparent box in the upper left-hand corner of the last screen?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
They look really good, but can I ask why there's a little semi-transparent box in the upper left-hand corner of the last screen?

that has to do with the custom battle system
it's the technique queue, right now it's empty because the current character doesn't have any techniques set.

it'd look like this if you set a couple

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

that has to do with the custom battle system
it's the technique queue, right now it's empty because the current character doesn't have any techniques set.

it'd look like this if you set a couple

I see!
That's very interesting, it gives it a kind of NWN feel to it...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it's because you can queue up several moves per character per turn, so there had to be a way to show what you had selected.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

The map looks good, but the entrance to the house is at a very odd place, as well the room on the left.

Rep:
Level 84
This is the first boss battle in my game. Comments please!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:21:58 PM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That was pretty boring :|

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That was pretty boring :|

"Next time time I will not go easy on all of you."
You should probably rewrite that line, it doesn't sound good.

Rep:
Level 84
I am keeping it how it is.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Well, It's Bad, really bad if you say that.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Wow! That is looking really nice! :o
What tileset are you using there?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
she's infamous for creating her own :)

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Yea, I know. But its allways worth asking ;D

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
You're the first in the world to see my new, improved and final design of the Meclador Cave in my game. :blizj:

I'm aware of the stupid HUD in the left corner, but I can't seem to get rid of it. $scene.hud_hide doesn't work. Ah well, I'll figure it out. :D

So what do you think? :) It's a scene about the caped boy you see, he's getting back to his parents in this deep dark cave.
  - 

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
if you have $scene.hud_hide off or whatever, try refreshing it by pulling up the menu then closing the menu.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
It's fixed already, I changed something in the script but I didn't save it, it's cool now. :)

Thanks anyway. ;D
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
Very nice Japur

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/288/mecladorcamp.png

it looks nice, but it's kinda overwhelming with detail, it took me a few moments to even register where I could walk.

Also: why would plants be growing inside a lava filled cave, and springing up from rocks that appear to be glowing hot with lava/fire?

pokeball DysOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Second city of a project I'm working on atm, not really happy with the water in the middle

Btw. I'm new at mapping and rpg maker :)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
You're the first in the world to see my new, improved and final design of the Meclador Cave in my game. :blizj:

I'm aware of the stupid HUD in the left corner, but I can't seem to get rid of it. $scene.hud_hide doesn't work. Ah well, I'll figure it out. :D

So what do you think? :) It's a scene about the caped boy you see, he's getting back to his parents in this deep dark cave.
I'm sorry, but logically speaking, There's just no god damn way plants would find a volcano suitable to survive, specially with lava flowing. It would look better & understandable if you didn't use the Lava & the 'recently made' charcoal tiles. But aside from that, the composition of the idea itself is good, just that, there's two elements that aren't compatible.

Second city of a project I'm working on atm, not really happy with the water in the middle

Btw. I'm new at mapping and rpg maker :)
It's kinda symetric, you might want to edit the water in the middle for sure, try changing it for a fountain or having the big tree from the forest tileset in the middle. You could add variations to the houses itself, as I see, only the one at Northwest catches my eyes, the rest is just the same thing over & over. Try using some of the wall variations the tileset has :3

Rep:
Level 84

Thanks for being rude.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I don't see how it's rude to tell you the truth about it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Thanks for being rude.

learn to take criticism
your fight scene was boring.
keep it how it is if you want, but it'll still be boring.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Whether you think you can defend your game or not, you should at least have the common sense to see that that 4 people (All much more skilled than you) telling you to fix it means that you should probably fix it.

Okay, 5 people: I'd say if you touch up on the dialogue (as in, make it sound more like people interacting, not one guy after another speaking in strict, rigid English) and give your villain ample reasoning behind coming for the mayor (Give him some sort of backstory, it's always nice to have a multifaceted antagonist), you can probably move on.