RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like the desert-y type feel in your second screenshot a lot. Also, You're world map image needs to have a much better resolution, it's really lacking if it looks like that in-game :(

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
That looks good! Nice maps, love the forest ambience you've got there.

What's that font called?
  - 

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
HI BLACK FOREST

Want to play this map?
Then download the eyecandy demo O_O

You can catch a glimpse of the world map, the entrance to this black forest, and this map :)
Try not to get lost ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o5hbz2 41MB .__.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Legend of Zelda came to mind suddenly watching that screen Graf, as beautiful as it is, it can also be frustrating in a way >__>

Rep:
Level 90
A living piece of game art you have there. The overhead map reminded me of Legionwood.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Legend of Zelda came to mind suddenly watching that screen Graf, as beautiful as it is, it can also be frustrating in a way >__>

I think Legend of Zelda whenever I use that fog. It's one of the XP RTP fogs, but still I can't help but feel like it's a copy of or extremely similar to the forest where you grab the master sword. However, I quickly lost the feeling after I started using it more often. Soon, I'll be replacing all these fogs with my own, but they work fine for show pieces and what-not. Though it goes without saying, the game will have nothing to do with any Zelda game unless for whatever reason I throw in some odd easter egg about it.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:x I mean it looks beautiful, but Imagining walking in it, one could get lost in a way ~ :0

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
The 14-year old Swedish Meatball
@Japur: Thanks! The font is "HopeRound", which you can get here: http://www.fontstock.net/13026/hoperound.html

Stay tuned for more information about Fairytale. To stay updated on all my project videos, visit my YouTube page:
Project thread: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34649.0.html
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoRu94

Life is a game!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
I love the concept you've got there! Only 3 things:

-I don't like it that the king has two of the exact same 'soldiers'.

-You could create a perfect lightning effect for this: Spots on the king, a little dark, nice lights on the torches... Are you going to put those in?

-Theres two crystals in there, crystals are valuable. Don't you think that greedy king already
catched those?

Other than that I love the whole idea and ambience.
  - 

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
The soldiers/guards are obviously in uniform.

It's his game world. Crystals could be very common.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I love the concept you've got there! Only 3 things:

-I don't like it that the king has two of the exact same 'soldiers'.

-You could create a perfect lightning effect for this: Spots on the king, a little dark, nice lights on the torches... Are you going to put those in?

-Theres two crystals in there, crystals are valuable. Don't you think that greedy king already
catched those?

Other than that I love the whole idea and ambience.

Lol, he's a Bandit Leader, not a king XD.

The guards are wearing uniform, as Irock mentioned.

Rep:
Level 90
I am wondering about the efficiency of a good screen shot and a good game. Sure a lot of these look fantastic, but if it takes you hours to perfect a single screen, what about your games? Is each area detailed to beautiful perfection? Are there small areas or large ones?

These are questions I want to know.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I prefer to have better looking games than anything, so all my maps take a while to make. Though once you get the hang of it, making something nice doesn't take as long as you'd think.

P.S. Maia, I remember a while ago you were curious as to the looks of my game and I told ya I'd send you a copy on AIM, but I was at work and couldn't. If you still want a look, let me know and I'll PM you a link.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:30:48 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
@Irock
Your map looks great. I wish I had your skills. Good job.

Rep:
Level 90
I prefer to have better looking games than anything, so all my maps take a while to make. Though once you get the hang of it, making something nice doesn't take as long as you'd think.

P.S. Maia, I remember a while ago you were curious as to the looks of my game and I told ya I'd send you a copy on AIM, but I was at work and couldn't. If you still want a look, let me know and I'll PM you a link.

Sure thing :-) PM me a link.

I personally like games that have hours of gameplay for days of work. Instead of months of work for 2 hours of gameplay.

Rep:
Level 83
great map Shadow, but (and this is something I've noticed in a lot of your maps) how come theres grass and plants growing through rock?

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I believe it would be something like moss or algae. If you've seen in swamps or places with water, sometimes rocks are green, from Moss. From what I see & my point of view & opinion from Shadow's screenshot; I can just say they would be some kind of Moss-Algae-Flora, And it might not need that much light, but considering that thought, kinda raises the question of how they'd get their light source from caverns where it's either pitch black or there's little to no light? And where would they get their nutrients (Water, Soil, Vitamins, etc.) to grow & stay alive? Is the Cavern a reservoir for an Underwater Spring? Are there maybe holes in the cavern on which Light might travel to keep such Flora? One also needs to consider some other facts, Humans live in these caverns, and in this one, we see there are bricks/walls constructed, Lamps/Fire Torches, crates that might contain the necessary nutrients, etc.

As far as Crystals go, the bandit might be greedy and have all those crystals hidden for himself, but then again, do they posses the tools to remove them in the first place? Is it that valuable for them to sell? Or simply it's there since it can also help to make Light Travel (Sorta like Mirrors), etc.?

And those Bandit Guards (althou I'm finding those hooded thiefs a bit annoying from seen them on like, every RPG game that uses them) Kinda gives that 'Mysterious, Evil, Secret, Sneaky and Ambitious' atmosphere around their Leader.

Details are good and all, but comes the question: Wouldn't he prefer to be in a little bit more 'Fancier' room, I mean, I understand it been in a Cave, but, kinda makes me think he should be having a bit more to show how ambitious of a Bandit Leader he is, and have some sort of 'symbolic' Item, be it a Sword hanging, or emblem that shows he has the authority & prove of him having fought for such and no one would dare to question his Authority.

But, that's just my opinion .___.;;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Sure thing :-) PM me a link.

I personally like games that have hours of gameplay for days of work. Instead of months of work for 2 hours of gameplay.

Okie :)

I have 1 puzzle in there that I should at least finish before I send it to you, otherwise you'll be COMPLETELY lost and you'll never leave the second area lol.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
I am wondering about the efficiency of a good screen shot and a good game. Sure a lot of these look fantastic, but if it takes you hours to perfect a single screen, what about your games? Is each area detailed to beautiful perfection? Are there small areas or large ones?

These are questions I want to know.
The map I've shown in the past three screenshots is 100x90. I try to perfect every tile.

I prefer games that are short and detailed, rather than thrown together and long. Not just detailed in mapping, but in dialogue and maps for every building. Plus, screenshots really drag people to your game.

@Irock
Your map looks great. I wish I had your skills. Good job.
Thank you. All you have to do is practice and believe in yourself.

nevr giv up on urself

i no i no

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
This must be the first time I created any sort of outside map that didn't completely suck.

No humorous picture captions this time, I'm taking my game dead seriously.

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
Awesome work, Zylos. The first and last ones are kinda looking empty, though.

My turn to post~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Great shots Zylos, but I agree that the fourth one is a little bland.

The first one is a bridge. I don't think it needs any more than what it is. The only thing I could think to add would be a few broken tiles.

@Love - it's a pretty nice map. The hallway bureau seems a little out of place and kind of seems like it was put there just to take up space. Generally people don't put large objects in their narrow hallways, especially when they have a wide open space nearby. Also, I think the entrance to the kitchen should have the wall ends on it

Anyway, my turn :)

These are just some design screens I'd like some feedback on; it's for my semi-theoretical game, which has an ABS. Ignore the map as it's just for testing and no effort was put into it.

The first is an HUD:

Basically, health going right in the top left; states going down in the top left

The top right are skills. Skill system is pretty simple; no mana is used, but there is a cooldown. Further, cooldown applies to all skills, so if you use a skill and it has a cooldown of 20s, then you wouldn't be able to use any skills for 20s; I figure that will prevent spamming of powerful skills with high cooldowns. Anyway, you scroll through skills with Q and use the skill with S. The skill that is fully opaque is currently equipped.

Item system is similar and in bottom right. You have a specified number of quick items, and you can equip them. Same rotary system as skills, but no cooldowns.

The second is the CMS for the same game:

The map still updates when the menu is open, which is why the menu is so transparent. Windowskin is still a WIP, though parts are thanks to Aindra and the idea for the main part of the window is taken from rafidelis' Equipments on Screen HUD.

Anyway, I am still experimenting with colors for everything, all the guages, normal color and system color. If you guys have any suggestions for colors please tell me

Anyway, windows are pretty self-explanatory. Bottom is the inventory. Right is the actor stats (it's a 1-actor game)

Equipment is top left and the top right is the help window for currently selected item in the inventory.

I should probably explain the weapon system too so you aren't confused by the guages. It's kind of a mix between Diablo II item system and Dark Cloud's Weapon System. In this game, the actor doesn't level, but equipment can, and you can also attach stuff to the equipment. So, stats increase when the weapon or armor levels up, or when an attachment is added. Attachments are unremovable, but upon level up the attahments are absorbed into the items, thus freeing up the sockets. But anyway, there is a gauge because each item has maximums for its stats that it cannot exceed even with attachments and levelups. The empty space under level is left open for item properties, which are represented by icons. I'm debating whether to put the sockets there instead, but I'm thinking of instead showing sockets on the item picture in the inventory itself, so it might be redundant. There's a lot more to the system, but that should explain the current layout for that window.

A lot of this is still a WIP, but I am wondering what everyone thinks of the design. Is it too confusing, too ugly, etc... Any suggestions for improvements before I get into the hard stuff?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 05:01:31 AM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh how I yearn for a superb socketing system  ;9

Everything looks pretty good MA, I can't wait until you have it finished. The only thing that bothers me, which I think bothers me about a lot of HUDs, are things kind of just floating around on screen. They're not connected in any real way so it just appears unorganized. I'm glad you posted the CMS though because the HUD has better focus while the menu is up.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
This must be the first time I created any sort of outside map that didn't completely suck.

Spoiler for:

No humorous picture captions this time, I'm taking my game dead seriously.

Proverbs: The Game.