RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Those screens look awesome, Caro. I really need to get myself a decent modern tileset. :-\

So, a friend of mine wanted me to make a map with this "awesome" new tileset he found (That I've seen before many times). So I did.

Spoiler for:

This tileset was horrible to work with. Nothing aligned correctly, I had to go and realign a lot of the wall pieces, and it still looks terrible. Also, there are about 3 things for this tileset except the walls, so I had to find some sprites to make it look halfway decent. It actually didn't originally have a diagonal /-like wall, so I had to go and flip the diagonal \-like wall and put it in. It made me so mad. :mad:

Also, I just realized one of the sprites' coat ended up transparent. :-X

And that dude in the blue sweater is some sort of computer hacker or something. Just because.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
But it's a good looking map. I like it. Even if the tileset was a hell to work with, you did a good job and the resultate ended up good =)

Oh noes! Arshes! Run!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:05:26 PM by Black Shadow »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Those screens look awesome, Caro. I really need to get myself a decent modern tileset. :-\

So, a friend of mine wanted me to make a map with this "awesome" new tileset he found (That I've seen before many times). So I did.

Spoiler for:

This tileset was horrible to work with. Nothing aligned correctly, I had to go and realign a lot of the wall pieces, and it still looks terrible. Also, there are about 3 things for this tileset except the walls, so I had to find some sprites to make it look halfway decent. It actually didn't originally have a diagonal /-like wall, so I had to go and flip the diagonal \-like wall and put it in. It made me so mad. :mad:

Also, I just realized one of the sprites' coat ended up transparent. :-X

And that dude in the blue sweater is some sort of computer hacker or something. Just because.
Where did you're friend got that tileset exactly Revo? :x

Rep:
Level 88
Where did you're friend got that tileset exactly Revo? :x
http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/ They have a good amount of tilesets there.

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Time to kick it old-school...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I don't know anyone who 'flicks' through a magazine, but i know a lot of people who 'flip' through one.

Rep:
Level 84
Dialects...

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Time to kick it old-school...

Some interesting stuff there, although i am at a loss as to what the pile of crap on the wall in the first screen is.

I don't know anyone who 'flicks' through a magazine, but i know a lot of people who 'flip' through one.

People who flick through magazines disgust me. that's an innocent magazine, and now it's scarred for life  :mad:

nice dialect though  :D

The menu in the third screen looks pretty good, i don't remember that being a feature of 2k3, did you make it yourself? if so NICE.

Also, i have to wonder what your resolution is, considering those screens are so small ._o

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
For a fangame <_<
>_>

Spoiler for:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
For a fangame <_<
>_>

Spoiler for:

Someone has been reading the latest Cirno Doujinshis ^^;;

Love that CG :3 & I am . . . surely want to play that when you release the demo
>__>
<__<

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Caro you are late Advent Cirno is oooollldd :O
I just had the chance today to work on it though because of a contest >w<
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:26:05 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 84
The menu in the third screen looks pretty good, i don't remember that being a feature of 2k3, did you make it yourself? if so NICE.

Also, i have to wonder what your resolution is, considering those screens are so small ._o

The menu is a custom system I made for party selection. It's map-based so it's hardly the most complex system ever, but it works fine.

The pictures are so small because I always F5 the game before taking them. I think it makes the screens look better, and it also stops the chain-screenshots (like the 4th one) being to large.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Caro you are late Advent Cirno is oooollldd :O
I just had the chance today to work on it though because of a contest >w<
@__@ I am outdated on the latest Touhou >___>;;

Wish you luck on the Contest :3
===========
To be on topic:
Spoiler for Desert Town:

I should post on some of the new stuff thou.

Rep:
Level 89
===========
To be on topic:
Spoiler for Desert Town:

I should post on some of the new stuff thou.

That map looks stunning. I love the atmosphere in the map. Well done :)

Full view of a village map I made:
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:43:27 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 85
looks awsome black shadow
but the cave looks a little strange with the water comming from the upper part instead of the lower.
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 84
very nice map dark seraph! are those tiles all custom?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
very nice map dark seraph! are those tiles all custom?
.__. Depends on what you meant by custom. As I just put pieces together/Rips, I don't make the actual stuff.

Spoiler for:

I wanted to try something with Inquisitor's maps >__>;;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It's really good, minus the part where there's a million identical fires. lol. Try taking a few out and resizing and stuff.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Nice, but you should try to change the color of the ground, if I remember correctly there should be a bunch of ways to change it.

You also have a couple errors, two tiles above the ruined ship the ground doesn't transfer into the rock wall correctly. Also, the path just doesn't seem to flow right in a couple places. In the sea I see rock pattern with some stray pixels.

Rep:
Level 89
Looking nice Caro. The only errors I can see is the one Falcon already mentioned, so Im not going to bring it up again.

There's a reason the bench is there, just so you know :S

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
More of a nitpick, haven't used RMXP in a while, but the for the bridge isn't there a rail for each side? It looks to me like you have used the right side railing for the left side. I may very well be wrong.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Embodiment of nothing
3 things.

1; It's odd for a lot of debris to be on a trail. Perhaps a trail flanked by cliffs, that isn't traveled often?

2; Lily pads very rarely grow in streams, creaks, and rivers. They uproot in moving water, and can't plant themselves at the bottom of streams.

3; Autotiled tall grass is a sin  :-\

Edit:
Since I suck at manipulating scripts, this is my improvised MP bar on-map.

It's all done with pictures, and variables to count the base % of an actor's MP remaining.
Looking for a second opinion of the little hud bit there is bearable. From my own tests, it doesn't interfere much, despite the animation.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:55:22 AM by Arion »

Rep:
Level 89
3; Autotiled tall grass is a sin  :-\

Why is it a sin? I don't see any problem with the Autotiled tall grass.