RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 87
@JJannem: The only thing that bothers me is that the waterfall is falling into a pond, its strange that the pond doesn't have a river or something to continue.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
lol, I have now been dubbed the ABS guy. Well, while your example map certainly is a lot less empty, that sort of randomness and extra stuff looks horrid to me. This is a man-made arena suspended over a lake of lava, thus it is supposed to be symetrical and more mechanical than natural (IE, no random rocks in the lava). Also, that's not a paralax, it's just the lava tileset.

The platform can be natural, but the lava rocks shouldn't be, man may be able to suspend a platform over the lava, but they shouldn't be able to control everything that goes into the lava itself.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Euphoria begins to take shape !__!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I actually love the map, though it would be even better if it were less symmetrical.

two tree's on each side at the top and bottom as well as the cliffs taking the same shape for the most part.

:)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Is this much better?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I see a shadow error DAS

Other from that, much better then the old one. But I don't like that some parts of the cliffs are symmetrical. Maybe do some variation on them aswell?

EDIT:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:45:10 PM by Black Shadow »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I disagree, i think the symmetry has a certain charm to it, but in any case this map already has so much realism and detail that soon people will start having seizures.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I like the idea of the map a lot BS, but I don't see how the waterfall is able to extend far enough to fall past the bridge and not onto it. Know what I mean? Also, are there any support beams for the bridge? It seems quite sturdy for a bridge with no support.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
What is it?

a volcano path? why are all the items scattered like that, adn the fence is pointless if its not really fencing anything in but the wall.

overall - your best map yet irock!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
What is it?

a volcano path? why are all the items scattered like that, adn the fence is pointless if its not really fencing anything in but the wall.
You're in a volcanic cave.
There used to be miners there. Those were their items.
That's made for cave walls. It's there to help stop the ... boom.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
HEY LET'S PUT A WOODEN BRIDGE ON TOP OF LAVA :V
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
HEY LET'S PUT A WOODEN BRIDGE ON TOP OF LAVA :V
It's metal.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Raph's screenshot's not loading for me now.  :(

I haven't posted any screenshots in a long time, so here's one to make up for it:

^(Fairly generic as map type goes but eyyy. :x)

P.S. Yay @whoever gets the cheesy "joke".

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's not loading for me either.  :(

@Reives
That's really detailed and well-made, not generic at all.  ;8
Great job :3
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Bridge to nowhere? >_>

meh, working on npcs, all that good stuff, things are coming back together :)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Reives your not allowed to map anymore, you destroy people's hope in mapping well ;-;

11/10

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Reives your not allowed to map anymore, you destroy people's hope in mapping well ;-;

11/10
He does?

...wait, yeah he kind of does that  :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing

After a long time... I update my CBS progress here! ... well post a screenie of it.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Nice

although amazing rm2k3 eventer is a bit egotistical =O

Rep:
Level 87

After a long time... I update my CBS progress here! ... well post a screenie of it.
God that looks awesome. :tpg: That's in RM2k3?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Bridge to nowhere? >_>

meh, working on npcs, all that good stuff, things are coming back together :)

Other than me thinking of a Caterpillar is in need there, :x Not much to say about NPC work-ou.

I think Sean would look better sitting on the chair thou :x

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:54:13 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Nice

although amazing rm2k3 eventer is a bit egotistical =O
Yeah probably... *cough* :V Several other RM forums have personal "ratings" for your RM skill.. ..I feel stupid now I'll remove it. *hides*

I've a big ego about my evented CBS. o.o;

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

Almost done with the Tileset, only thing missing are the roots.

-Edit-

One with the roots, The tileset looks better with the tint than without it (lowering it would also make it look too 'Blue')

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:13:28 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I agree, the first thing i thought was "blue."

other than that, you've done a good job with the tileset, although things like cliffs and that are hard to make out, going back to all of that blue.