RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, I love the one with the light effects (3rd). Not only because of the light effect but because of the way you mix the two ground tiles to make them seem natural. As I said in the other topic, the ruins are very nice. And I also really like the very last screenshot. I think the way the river seems so natural is what I like about it.

The only screenshot that I think is a little sketchy looking is the exterior walls in Fort Weston - the same base wall with the tops the way they are kind of looks weird.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
New Screeny . . . playing with Inquisitor's Exterior Tileset.  :=: (for a "prequel" probably)

I have to do something with those Wolves, Their color clashes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:30:45 AM by Dark Angel Scion »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The lighting effects looks fantastic, maia! ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 90
About the screenshots, I wonder if that is what lures people to my project's post 100 a day... yet no one posts...
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The only thing I really look at in most projects are the screenshots. =x

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
just desaturate the wolves a bit, 35% or so would do.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The only thing that matter first.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
And I also really like the very last screenshot. I think the way the river seems so natural is what I like about it.

Woo! I made those :P

As do I...

just desaturate the wolves a bit, 35% or so would do.

Also, I agree with this. De-saturation would help a lot.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Better or worst? :x Trying to make them black yet gray thou . . . they won't be seen at nigh easily.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I think it's definitely an improvement from your last shot. I think they could still stand some de-saturation though.

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
I Think i have better mapping skills now...

Don't Quote The Mapping error on the 3rd, please
Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Rep:
Level 87
Your first map feels a bit empty, don't know. The second, pretty good could be improved. The third is a lot better, you've done a good job on it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'll agree with DeathLock on your first map. It appears a little empty. The second map I think is too symmetrical for such a place. The third map is really nice after you fix both mapping errors :P . I'm not sure which one I'm not supposed to mention  ;9.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I'd give it a 7/10
There is still a lot of room for improvements. Keep practicing!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I'll agree with DeathLock on your first map. It appears a little empty. The second map I think is too symmetrical for such a place. The third map is really nice after you fix both mapping errors :P . I'm not sure which one I'm not supposed to mention  ;9.
Both obviously :p

I think it's definitely an improvement from your last shot. I think they could still stand some de-saturation though.
They're base from the screeny below

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh, I see. Then yeah, I'd stick with a de-saturation. At first glance I would say, "Match their color" since they're clearly more white in the latest screenshot. However, after looking for a minute, it's like there's an ambient glow most animations use to contrast the characters from the background. So the wolves are probably pretty dark in color but I don't think they're as dark as the gameplay screenshot. I'd go with a Blue-violet color and de-saturate into a colorful grey. If "colorful grey" even makes sense lol.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
In game:-

In editor:-

And another shot, but in the Editor (Looks better in game, but I can't fit it all in, MASSIVE):-

My Slums Tile set, in the editor:-

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:20:34 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The first castle tileset you're working with looks a bit too blurry. =x

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Leviaaathaaaaan

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
*drops jaw*

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:16:12 PM by The Shadow »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 87
@LOS: Some of the pieces don't match the RTP, kinda ruins it. But, I guess overall it does look good.
@Leventhan: Love the lighting effects, man.
@Shadow: Great mapping.
@Grafikal: A bit strange, but I don't know since I don't like VX that much.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

I know I like it.
I know I do too, it's one of those screenshots that tells you a story.