RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 87
In the end, we realize our insignificance.
Well yes, it did lag. Not too bad. Just a little bit and it got very annoying.
I thought the only thing that cause lag though was events. Not the size of the map.
But I learned something! WOOO!!!!!
Anyways, I split the map into 3 separate parts and now the little bit of lag I had is completely eliminated.
I took everything you all had to say into account and it BETTER!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Laphele Sanctum I had been re-working on =< (lol, the old Temple was all cr**, divided Between5 Sectors, 4 Floors, 2 Towers with 8 Floors each & The Hazen's Chamber Underneath another 4 Rooms D:)
This is just The Entrance:

Without Dialogue:

Quote from: Twilight Hoax Notes
Laphele's Sanctum, Within it Harvest the Entire Existence of the Worlds & been One of the Important Relics for Thule Society, Like Balle Masque, The Sanctuary is Heavy Protected. Due to the Corruption of the Soul-Rave, The Black Clouds that Surrounds the Temple has Even made it a Thick Clouds of Darkness, view been badly & The Source been More and more Evil and Impure. The Hazen's Power Corrupts the Dusks who protects them, to only Obeying the Obsidian Lord.

To Clear why it's a bit . . . Tooo Dark & Foggy D:

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
@Caro Ru Lushe

10/10 Great Effect!! Look's more like an horror game to me.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thanks AlienSoldier =3

Well, here's the Inner Deep Chamber, where up beyond lies the So called "Gate of Destiny"
Spoiler for The Chamber of Laphele/ Lapheles Sanctum:
=< I am planning on adding like some "Roots" to the Tileset, Recolor them to like Sparkle Blue, so it would look neat. Thou I wonder if it would be in Character sprites or the tile set itself. Would look cool if I add that touch, since I want to make the place look like this:

Spoiler for Laphele's Sanctum Scene:
I want something blueish yet dark, but working on it is been a bit, stressful >.>;; =< but you uys get the Idea of what I meant with adding roots around, specially for the Water-like Floor.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Those look great DAS. Very nice. I think the second pic works pretty well myself. Stop stressing :P

This map is not actually a map - I am testing out the water. I am trying to combine both round and square water since I don't really like either. I'm not sure that I like this either, but I figured I'd go for comments.

(the parts of round water I am using are made by Shadow Slayer, btw)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:28:26 PM by modern algebra »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
<3 I must say, I like the Natural feeling it has.

I mean, it looks more realistic in a way =< but I too, never liked the River autotile.

Also: A last Screenshot of the Laphele temple =3

Spoiler for Below what was seen above:

lol, I feel as if those walls are a bit "empty"

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
<3 the lighting effects.
It really brings out the atmosphere. :)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
Can't let this die yet.

These are from XP...

These are from VX...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The XP ones look pretty good, but God I hate VX RTP. It's sooo blocky.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That's probably the first time I've ever seen that water fog in action, hahah.
Looking good; the only thing is that I think for the last map, the empty grass spots should be covered with the tall-grass tiles instead, which looks a lot more occupied than the normal ground tiles. :)

This is a little old, but I was testing out the screen-capture script earlier and thought I might as well as post it. Note however, that due to the script, there are some errors with priority/placement of character events on the map. Errors such as the guy behind the hut on-top, cat-on-the-head, crate top, and bridge tile errors are due to that, since they were character events.

The horizon grass will probably seem awkward to some, but it's just a personal preference. :'>
[ Resources mostly from Mack and Ruruga. ]

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Great map, but there are three errors I see: lower left ladder, middle bridge, and boxes in a house just right of the middle. You addressed that in your post, so hopefully they'll all be gone.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Aye,
Note however, that due to the script,
They actually aren't in the actual map, but the screenshot-generating script does not handle character-event priorities well. :)

Oh, here's that screenshot script for those who want to use it: http://www.box.net/shared/zx8ssoi88w
[By Sephirothspawn, edited by Brewmaster.]
It basically screenshots an entire map at 100% size and saves it automatically, . Albeit that little glitch, it's still very handy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:49:41 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
That's probably the first time I've ever seen that water fog in action, hahah.

Really, well... I'm still thinking wha effect should I use for and underwater area.

The XP ones look pretty good, but God I hate VX RTP. It's sooo blocky.

Thanx. Well that's the only thing I hate about VX, it's blocky.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Elemna Sanctuary near Belfast.
It looks normal on the outside, maybe even a bit flowery, but its congregation worships the dark goddess Maeve, Mistress of Shadows.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The CMS Im using for my game:

Nothing special. Just a burning pray chamber. I just want to show that Im active with my game :P

Rep:
Level 97
The CMS looks great. I'm not sure about the tint on the second map though. If you want it to be fire I would probably choose a darker shade of red or orange, though you might also consider a custom made fog so that the tint looks like it's coming from the fires. It's up to your discretion.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Hold on a second. We're not going just let Derrt's map go unnoticed here, 'cause it looks friggin' fantastic!

It's a bit too small to see if there's any mapping flaws, but the amount of details and lighting are positively orgasmic!

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that is a great map Dertt

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thanks guys.

Here's a shot of the sanctuary with a few worshipers.

Rep:
Level 89
Looks good Dertt.

I tried to add a fog to make it look like the room is full of smoke, and I changed the tint.

Rep:
Level 89
I think it would much benefit from using an alternate fire char-set (I remember seeing a nice big one somewhere). The small RTP fires seems a bit awkward when combined with such thick smoke.

(Oh, there seems to be a fire on the water as well.)

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I made a big flame, perhaps you could use it.

Rep:
Level 89
Thx Dertt, but they were to big. If they were smaller, I would use them. I also found Zanyzora's flames, but I kind of liked your flames better.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Here, I resized them.

Rep:
Level 89
Thx Dertt :)

Here's the end resultate. It's either like this:

Or like this:

Which one would be the best?