RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm still learning the mapping system of RMVX, but here's a quick one I did. What do you guys think?

The things in the yard look a little too clustered or random.

I'll agree with her, Revo. I think you have just a little too much going on in there. I like where you're going though. Good to see that a statue is broken, the rubble next to it is the key there giving a hint as to where the statue is now that it's busted up.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The only time random is wrong is when it's man made, such as those graves. Everything else is fine.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Using a dark tint screen event for a rainy map makes it look better as well.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, for the help.

The graves are supposed to look just kinda thrown together because of a massive attack.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
practice makes perfect :)
keep trying!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
A map for a Wind Castle maybe?

Rep:
Level 87
That looks pretty cool, but there's a few map errors (or tileset), but they tiny to be noticed.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Wonderful!
Although I can't help but feel that the underside of the bridges looks a bit weird.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, Im currently working on the bridge thingy. Im going to make a second version of the bridge with a straight underline instead of the standard one.

DeathLockBM@ It could be both tileset errors and mapping errors. I've noticed some errors after I posted the screenshot, but most of the have been fixed.

EDIT: Meh, now when I've fixed it, I think that I could share it with everyone.

No credits needed. It's just an edit ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:39:00 PM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looks amazing Shadow. Nice work.

Rep:
Level 87
That looks a lot better, nice.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
A map for a Wind Castle maybe?

Other than the tileset error, the map looks . . . beautiful. It makes me actually cry ;=; (lol)

Rep:
Level 89
That's the reactions Im aiming for =)

Rep:
Level 90
That's the reactions Im aiming for =)

There is a lot of wind in the desert. So would it not turn into a rainforest then?
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 89
I will quote what a guy said in my project thread on hbgames.org said.

The world will not turn into one big desert. But since wind is needed to blow clouds somewhere and if the clouds wont get there it wont rain. Then plants will die and rivers wil vanish. And voila you have a desert like enviorment. Not a real desert since it is not sandy and stuff, but a dry place where nothing grows.

Rep:
Level 85
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:25:42 PM by JJannem »
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 87
@XselmoelmoX: Could you post the full version, no one can actually give anything from that.

Rep:
Level 89
@JJannem: I can't see any image. EDIT: I see it now. It's a bit empty. You need to add some more details(Rocks, tall grass ect.)

New Screenshot from me:

Rep:
Level 87
@JJannem: As Shadow said, it lacks a lot of detail.

@Shadow: That's a lot of purple, other than that looks great.

Rep:
Level 89
I've added some gold to the curtains, and the sofas has been recoloured aswell. I like the purple, it stands for the Castle in the story, and it's also relaxing for the eyes.

Rep:
Level 85
:3
Oh wow. Shadow, that looks great! :D

But like DeathLockBM said, that's a lot of purple.  :-\
:dalton:

Rep:
Level 89
Here's an update version of the screenshot:

Im sticking with the purple.

Rep:
Level 85
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.