RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mortuus Concordia ~Preview is Out~

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009

Project Genocide

News: 1/14/07

The preview is out, it's about 14/15 minutes of gameplay :)

Before playing, make sure that you install the font file, or you won't be able to see the text.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nmwjo5jumj

Storyline
In Unor, there exist three main kingdoms, Toriah, Keng, and Morin. In 1200  the great war began, and the world was almost wiped out, until a young ritualist called death, the king of the elements,  to destroy the armies of the land. Millions died. Fearful of another war, the three kingdoms made an alliance and swore never to fight amongst themselves again. For two thousand years the world was peaceful, for fear that death would have to be called again to restore peace.

That is, until Keng invaded Toriah.

After that, Morin quickly joined in the war, and time repeated itself.

Veral, commander of Toriah's 3rd division (an elite division which focuses on strategy), is stationed in Aroi, a area of Toriah, until one day when he will uncover a conspiracy in his kingdoms government

Characters

Veral:
A young commander from Toriah. He's extremely smart and able to predict enemy movements. Veral's very serious, and rarely takes a joke in a serious time.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/vince1971/Jet1.jpg

Inyro:
One of Veral's three lieutenants, Inyro is the most rebellious, and hates, but respects, everyone above him in the military.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/vince1971/Inyro1.jpg

Kaizer:
One of the generals of Toriah, Kaizer is the leader of the ritualists, a group of mages who harness the powers of elements, he knows Veral quite well. Kaizer is blind, however, he can feel the presences of others around him.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/vince1971/Krasier1.jpg

Tian:
A mysterious man who seems to know nothing of the world. He claims to have amnesia, but Veral doubts it. Tian is serious, and very wise.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/vince1971/vinceGP.jpg

Features
  • KGC's Battle System
  • Multiple Fighters to choose from
  • Custom Resources
Screenshots

The Team
Darklord
Dormedas
VampireSlayer2
Geddesmck
zepher 1991
Vince1971
Wind
Kereo Takana
VampireHSS/Ciberon

Credits

Scripts used:
AMS by Dubealex
Deke's Crafting Program
SepriothSpawn's Banking System
Astro_mech's Dyanmic Shop System
KGCs Battle Result Window, Battle System, Party System, Overdrive Script, CMS, and Equipment Extension

Resource Creators:
Gamerage
Arcanum
Erk
Zabby
g_man_450
Silverwolf
Shifter
Naramura
KGC
Mack
illustrationism
Tana
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:51:55 AM by Darklord »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
WOW. I have a very very good feeling about this game. It looks great! can't wait for a demo.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Yo, It's Dormedas from the team. I am a bug fixer/beta tester, as well as graphics design (excluding sprites)

I am going to TRY to make a small demo of Project Genocide (Mortuus Concordia) predominantly in Japanese. I realize that this will be tough, as the japanese needs to be written through scripts... for every box. (which is a pain in the butt) Alongside of that, everything, including menus will have to be changed with their Japanese Meanings.

I don't know quite enough Japanese on the scale that I want to achieve. I AM actively learning Japanese, and I feel that through this process of making the game, my knowledge, and understanding in Japanese will increase. I would ask of someone who knows Most/Lots and or Japanese, who knows English and can script...

ALSO: Check out our blog here: http://www.mortuus.wordpress.com/  EDIT: Mispelling... <.<
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:08:16 PM by dormedas »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
You have given your details pretty well and the maps you have made are very good to.
I like the title screen too..and also that cool battle system.
I too have a very good feeling that this game will turn out to be good.

Best Of Luck
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Typo: You typed KCG in the resource credits. That game looks neat, keep up the good work. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 91
Fixed :P

We plan to have the first chapter, which will defiantly have over an hours worth of game play, out by early December, assuming everything goes right.

Also, here's our hiring information, if anyone's interested:

Handdrawn Artist - An artist who can make hand drawn battlers for the team.
Music Maker - A person who can make us custom music to be used in the game
Mapper - Someone who can map well with RMXP

Application Form:
Name:
How much work you can get done in a month:
Examples of your work:

New Screenshots:

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Whoa, nice drawings, this game looks awsome, keep it up! I'm at school so I can't see the other screenshot....

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91

The menu system we're going to be using (made by KGC, edited by me)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
This looks really good so far. How are the cut-sceens for this game? Are you guys good at eventing?

Rep:
Level 91
We've never been rated for our eventing, so you'll have to find out after the demo comes out.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
We've never been rated for our eventing, so you'll have to find out after the demo comes out.

and the wait begins!!!!!! aghhh. This is actaully one of the few games I look foward too here.

Rep:
Level 91
Check the blog for our production status ;)
If all goes perfect (which I doubt it will) the game could be out by next weekend :)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
full game or demo? (wow I hope all goes right!)

Rep:
Level 91
First chapter, which should be at least 1:30 (probably more) of game play. It's mainly a prologue to the game, other chapter will have side quests and be much longer.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
How much of this game uses RTP? are all the maps RTP?

Rep:
Level 91
Tilesets are RTP, if that's what you meant. None of the music will be, we plan to use Anime OSTs, Video Game OSTs, and other things.
None of the main characters will have RTP charactersets or battlers.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yea, I was mainly talking about the tileset.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

If you made this i want to say once more

You
Are
Awsome.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
I just added a battle speed changer and added the gold/step/location window :P

Rep:
Level 91

Just new screenshots showing the battlers, and the new windowskin.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Game looks great keep up the goos work!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 91
Just wanted to say we're still hiring Handdrawn Artists, Music Makers and Mappers

Also, we've had some troubles (puzzle delays) so I'm going to have to postpone the release until Decemeber :( probably early December, defiantly by Christmas though :)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
wow, whered you get your current battlers? O.o

anyways. I really like it. The characters are very nice, and so i s the menu. I suggest changing the font, because it bugs me (but thats personal) and yeah.

Looks great.

Bravo.

Rep:
Level 91
@Lord Dante- Tana at hbgames.org edited the handdrawn art work in to battlers for us.

The new font:

Does anyone have a problem with it :P ?

Also, I forgot to mention this, this game has cursing. LOTS of cursing, do I need to make a censored version or something, or does anyone care if the characters curse every in every message XD ?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
looks great!

Rep:
Level 91
*Still needs comments on the cursing issue :P*

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I wouldn't mind it at all, and im 15...as long as its not over used..."fuck man" "what the fucks wrong" "fucking magic wont work" "fuck! that sucks"

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Oh sweet...I can't wait!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Cursing? Good, that makes it more real. ;D

BTW, the font is good, it's readable, yet it gives the game a specific feel.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I cannot wait for this game.

That is all I can say without exploding in hyperness.

Rep:
Level 88
Can't wait for the demo.

By the way, it me IceTray from the AQ forums.

Rep:
Level 91
I'm sorry to say the 1st chapter probably won't be out until January :(

I'm spending this week working on an MMORPG, and I'll be in Florida almost all of the break, and we're having a bug with the dual wielding system which is making me go mad =/

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I just want to ask, do you mind teaching me how to colour a bit more "professional" like you, I can see how you shaded in the right places and gave the drawings a special something.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
I didn't make the drawings, and our artist is inactive =/

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Damn, all well it was worth a try  :)

Anyway, will you submit that cms AFTER the game is finished or keep it to yourself?

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
It's KGC's, anyone can use it, but I won't be submitting my modifications to it.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Awww  :tpg:

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
Alright, an update:

The huge bug with the equipment has been fixed, and we're back on track :)

I'll post some screenies very soon :)

Rep:
Level 91
Just wanted to say that by Monday we should have a demo of the 1st dungeon up :)
(The first dungeon should be about 20 minutes long, and the save from finishing the dungeon can be used in the full version of the first chapter)

Rep:
Level 88
That's me in my bee outfit, do I look handsome?
Looks wonderful, the drawing abilities of the artis are good but i would color them with photoshop to match the other character sets, needs some work. but im glad to see someone is using original art in their game

Rep:
Level 91
The preview is out, it's about 14/15 minutes of gameplay :)

Before playing, make sure that you install the font file, or you won't be able to see the text.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nmwjo5jumj

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Install a font:
after download locate file, then open a my computer, go to C drive, then WINDOWS, locate folder "FONTS" and drag and drop font.

BTW great demo.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This game looks great! It sounds great too! The storyline is awsome. And the mapping is good too. I can't wait to play the demo tommorow when I get back home.  ;D

Rep:
Level 91
So, has anyone tried out the preview?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I've just downloaded it, I'll post comments here when I have a large amount.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Holy shit, I died like 5 times, then realized I had potions!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 91
And Norman can heal after level 2 :P

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no far I'm 0-3 against the boss.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I was gona edit, but....

Completed it. Its GREAT! You must have put alot of time and effort into it. I love the battle system, it makes you think quickly, and engages you in the battle.

Well done, I am DEFINATLY getting the main game, or/and the next preview.

Rep:
Level 91
no far I'm 0-3 against the boss.  :tpg:

Make sure you save Inyro's overdrive for it, it can poison, dizzy, or paralyze all enemies. Norman's is also good, if your having a lot of trouble, level Veral up to four to get Blade Mastery. If you still can't do it, use Inyro's dark ball to make a lizard man insane and have him attack his buddies ;)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I hadent even used a skill yet...lol...It was such a fast pace battle every time I was like ENTER ENTER ENTER ENTER ENTER and just kept tapping it.

Rep:
Level 91
Go in to the menu system, you can change a few things. You can change the battle speed, difficulty, and battle type:
Active - No Wait
Semi Active - Wait during skill and item choosing
Inactive - Wait during actor's turns

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
This is a really good game, one of the best I've seen here. Im telling the truth.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
wow your battle system and menu looks awesomez :P i will download when i get on my xp

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
One of the TOP demo's here no question!

Rep:
Level 91
Mediafire says 21 people download the file, could some more people tell me what what they thought of it :P ?

Rep:
Level 88
After playing the game I have to say the sprites completely blow...The spriter must be an incompetent mess to make such horible excuses for crap ever to be posted on forums...

Also on the first post change my name to Zeph...Zepher 1991 is so nerdy >:(...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:14:45 PM by Zeph »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Wow, nice! Finally! Anyway, I'll edit here when I finish dling but I'd like to ask...whats that bar on the left when your in battle (sorry if asked)

~Winged

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Wow, nice! Finally! Anyway, I'll edit here when I finish dling but I'd like to ask...whats that bar on the left when your in battle (sorry if asked)

~Winged

the bar what determines who attacks. Each character has an icon, as well as each enemy. They move up according to the speed stat of the character/enemy. When it reaches the top you then have the option to attack.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
After playing the game I have to say the sprites completely blow...The spriter must be an incompetent mess to make such horible excuses for crap ever to be posted on forums...

Also on the first post change my name to Zeph...Zepher 1991 is so nerdy >:(...

Thats not very nice. You don't come across very nice there.

Rep:
Level 91
That's the spriter :P

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.

<3
Rep:
Level 90

~Winged

the bar what determines who attacks. Each character has an icon, as well as each enemy. They move up according to the speed stat of the character/enemy. When it reaches the top you then have the option to attack.

Thanks! Its awesome. Anyway, I died several times on my first boss but the game was still entertaining, the monsters were a bit annoying cause they did a bit too much damage to me but all was fun. Nice work!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
It's supposed to be challenging, just make sure you don't let anyone's health fall below half :P

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
is the whole game going to be that hard.  ;8
lol, maybe a tad bit easier. Or a difficulty choice...or some cheats I can use.  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I don't think its that hard... :(

But yeah, a diffuculty choice sounds like a good idea.

Rep:
Level 91
Check the Menu sometime, we have options like Full Screen Toggle, a difficulty chooser, and things that edit the speed of the battle system :P

Rep:
Level 88
Yah, gosh...You n00bs and  your noobiness. Back in my day we always checked the menus...I know I did 'cause I had a level 93 warrior on Pac Man!!!

Spriter's Log Day 1:

I am doing absolutely nothing...I am beginning to question the idea of a spriter's log because I will probably make our team look incompetent. Darklord is probably working on the game or looking up hot asians on google. I vomit at the thought. I haven't had work to do for weaks...Then I remember I needed to finish editting bottom 4 sprites on Tian. I am back at work. I finally finish the sprite sheet. It took me 5 minutes because all I had to do is edit the fire off of the hands. My work here is done. I vomit once again at the thought of the Darklord hot asian fiasco.

- January 21, 2007
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:01:32 AM by Zeph »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you misspelled "weeks"

Rep:
Level 88
Spriters Log Day 2:

After feeling quite insulted by Dante's comment I cried for 2 hours. Finally after mopping the tears from the floor of my room I was back to work. I was done with all work that needed done. So I decided to work on a few sprites for the upcoming MORPG the MC team is working on. Then chaos came...Darklord asked me to upload my Tian sprites. Fear struck me and I replied..."No homey, I'm a lazy gangsta." After that Darklord went back to his asian extravaganza. I vomit yet again. 3 hours later I finally uploaded the sprites and gave them to him. He of course replied with..."OMG J00 PWN MY SAWKZ!!! 1 W15H 1 W45 H4LF 45 G00D 45 J00 H0M3Y!!!" I sighed at his nooby l33t speak skillz and went back to my lazy life.

- January 22, 2007

EDIT: After talking to Dark, I found that we are going to use the Half Kaizer template in the MORPG. So after a bit of work I finished the Idle sprite of my character in Half Kaizer format. I also decided that I'll show 2 of the sprites to you. The rtp version might appear in a later chapter of Mortuus. Give good feedback or else.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:27:02 PM by Zeph »

Rep:
Level 91
Mediafire shows over 30 views, and only three people post?

We need some feedback to improve the first chapter :P

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Zomg, I love the sprites! First one is my fav!

~Winged

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Ok! I d/led and played the game. All in all I think its a great game, maybe a bit difficult but nothing a bit of leveling couldn't fix. (The boss totally pwned me <_<) One thing i would say is tht if you  walk right past the crystals and destroy them first you still get the CS talking about them. One solution would be to make a switch tht stops the CS if they are already destroyed. Apart from tht it was great. Loved the mapping! If only I could do such large maps lol. Also like the battle system. I hope this is good for your feedback lol ^^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This game is cool. I love the battlers and the gameplay is good. Keep up the good work. I wish I could be helpful and give you constructive criticism, but it's too good to criticize

Rep:
Level 91
Just wanted to say this project is pretty much scrapped, me and Zeph are the only ones who do anything, and we're focusing on other projects.