RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK: Kommunizt Many-Fisto

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've modified Anski's as of earlier, his defense boost is for himself, but his eva boost is for a single target, so how about:

1) By The Grace Of God: Increases Defense (single komrade)
2) Desarrollo: Deals Damage based on current HP
3) White Terror: Decreases enemy defense (all)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
1) Missile Crisis - Huge Explosion, AoE
2) Failed Assassination - Self, Massive EVA
3) 638 Ways to Kill - One target move that lowers enemy's defense (or AGI/EVA)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
1) Missile Crisis - Huge Explosion, AoE
2) Failed Assassination - Self, Massive EVA
3) 638 Ways to Kill - One target move that lowers enemy's defense (or AGI/EVA)

ok, 638 ways to kill will deal damage as well.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Yeah, meant to say that, :P

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
1. Soul of the Unicorn - turn into a unicorn; increased stats across the board for three
(?) turns (Okay, Kim Jon-il's true self is probably a unicorn. So why not?)
2. Starcraft Mindfuck - decreases the DEF of one enemy (Or some other morale related stat. If I'm a reincarnation of a Korean guy, I better be able to spontaneously start up a starcraft match and then completely own at it.) (Or, if you don't want to do that, call it intense stare or something. Because I personally wouldn't want to be the staring end of this guy.
3. Replacement - refill health to 75% (The idea is that we're getting a replacement me. To balance this out, maybe I don't have as much health or can only do this a limited number of times?)

Alright, I think I went a little overboard, so tweak whatever needs to be if it's too unbalanced. As for sprites:

the above is made from backwater's generator and with the aid of my own shitty editing (just the glasses), and here's a unicorn from right here on RMRK:

So yes. There it all is.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
1. Soul of the Unicorn - turn into a unicorn; increased stats across the board for three
(?) turns (Okay, Kim Jon-il's true self is probably a unicorn. So why not?)
2. Starcraft Mindfuck - decreases the DEF of one enemy (Or some other morale related stat. If I'm a reincarnation of a Korean guy, I better be able to spontaneously start up a starcraft match and then completely own at it.) (Or, if you don't want to do that, call it intense stare or something. Because I personally wouldn't want to be the staring end of this guy.
3. Replacement - refill health to 75% (The idea is that we're getting a replacement me. To balance this out, maybe I don't have as much health or can only do this a limited number of times?)

the sprite is good, but the moves are a little...silly?
All the rest of the attacks are based off of actual things related to the dictators, rather than trying to be jokes unto themselves.  The game is silly enough without people turning into unicorns I'm afraid :/

you're a long range character, you have low health and armor, but high damage output and can attack from distance.  You could also be a hinderance to the enemies as well.

Basically, you are a cannon made of glass.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:04:11 AM by ??????? »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
All of the attacks did have something to do with Kim Jon-il, whether it be the ridiculous "A swallow predicted his birth" legend thing (I thought unicorns might come in somewhere in that legend, silly me), Korea's ridiculous Starcraft Prowess, or the one rumor that he actually died in 2003 and the rest of his appearances were done by a body double. I totally wikipedia-ed this, for serious.

But I will rethink this based on what you said, glass cannon it is ^^;

/*kitkatkan runs off to do more brainstorming

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Not 100% tested.

He's supposed to bop up and down as he chugs along.

Also, he's a "Sexy Robot" ... or "Sexy Ammo Dispensing Robot/Machine"

Edit:
I'll fix him soon, but I just noticed that when he's rolling left, the wheel seems to be a pixel far too forward. I'll fix it soon and say when I have by editing this again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:07:30 AM by grafikal »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I've modified Anski's as of earlier, his defense boost is for himself, but his eva boost is for a single target, so how about:

1) By The Grace Of God: Increases Defense (single komrade)
2) Desarrollo: Deals Damage based on current HP
3) White Terror: Decreases enemy defense (all)

I was going to suggest the same for Desarrollo at first, but I thought it would be weird.
anyways, I like it.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
All of the attacks did have something to do with Kim Jon-il, whether it be the ridiculous "A swallow predicted his birth" legend thing (I thought unicorns might come in somewhere in that legend, silly me), Korea's ridiculous Starcraft Prowess, or the one rumor that he actually died in 2003 and the rest of his appearances were done by a body double. I totally wikipedia-ed this, for serious.

I know where you were coming from, they just felt far too silly compared to everything else.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
did u fix him? ;o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright, now that it's sunday I have free reign to make up anything that hasn't been proposed yet, including sprites.

the game might be slowed down by my work on a mod for school, but I will finish it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Just as a sidenote, it's SOuth Koreans that are good at Starcraft. North Koreans are the ones who are good at being oppressed.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Silly me  :tpg:

Ideas are slow to come. All I have is some sort of attack that increases attack by method of squinting through those glasses of his, or in proper format:

1. Super Squint - Improve ATK(self)

Is the replacement thing still valid? As I said, Writers block has me in it's gross, sweaty fists T_T

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
"Zerg Rush" would be a good name for an ability, North Korean or not.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
for KitKat, I have one move planned so far, the other 2 still to come:

1) Body Double: Sacrifices 1/2 of maximum hp to summon a Double

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Thank you, my dear Namkcor, for aiding my unimaginative idea-impoverished self  :tpg:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Alright.

Due to schoolwork being a power overwhelming I am unable to work on this very much, though I -do- have most of the config done.  If someone is willing to help revive this project by mapping (I only need somewhere from 25-30 total maps) then it could be quickly pushed to release.

PM me or contact me on IRC if you are interested.