RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MAKE SOMETHING!!! Creepy Tomb INT *** fill in blanks 4 quests

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Quest 12: Hide and Seek:

Background:

You could [along another (and yet required) story quest] find a book of secrets that happens to be coded. As soon as you pick it up, you think to yourself, "Hm, I should show this to the Mage's Guild Master. Maybe he'll know of its use." So then you take your long [yes long, because where you find this random book should be on a quest that has you far away from the Mage's Guild, and it adds gameplay] trip back to the Mage's Guild. You show the Guild Master and he tells you to give him a couple days to try and decipher it. [In those 'couple of days' you can go and do whatever, but I would imagine to set a timer for about 10 game minutes, or however long your day/night script rolls over.] After a couple days pass by, you return back to the Mage's Guild and speak with its master. He'll tell you that the book is coded in a language that even he can't decipher! But, he does know about a cipher that was written for the language many years ago.

Start of Quest:

Part I:
The Mage's Guild Master sends you on a quest to find the man that has the cipher for this language.

Part II:
You find the man, but he says the cipher was stolen by bandits many many years ago. It could be anywhere?! [He hints to a few old ruins the bandits used to hide out in.]

Part III:
Since that man obscurely hinted to some ruins that may have the cipher, you need to go find it. However, he said there were 3 possible ruins. You travel to each ruin and search around, you find a few bandit treasures here and there, but no cipher. At the 3rd and last ruin, you encounter a zombie bandit leader in front of the final chest. You fight the zombie leader and some lackeys and gain access to the chest that contains the cipher.[For this part of the quest, set up a series of control switches that monitors which of the 3 ruins the character has been to. Have maybe a Treasure chest sitting on like a pedestal at each one so that it looks like, "Hey the cipher could TOTALLY be in this thing," but it's not (at least not the first 2 ruins). So when you open the chest at each one, it turns on a switch that says you've been there and then changes the contents of those similar chests in the other 2 ruins. Then the same thing happens at ruin number 2. At that second ruin, it would turn on a switch that makes the remaining chest at the 3rd ruin be the cipher. ALSO, these ruins should all have zombie bandits, but just normal ones, you fight the leader at the final chest.]

Part IV:
You take the cipher and return to the Mage's Guild and show the Guild Master. He tells you to wait another couple days. [In those 'couple of days' you can go and do whatever, but I would imagine to set a timer for about 10 game minutes, or however long your day/night script rolls over.] After a couple more days pass by, you return the Mage's Guild Master and he tells you that the book you found contains the ingredients for a powerful spell that no one has ever mastered. [ >:( I know, more searching right?] He tells you the ingredients to find and a place where you can find them at. [You can make up the names of stuff, I suck at name making <3 Name Generators.]

Part V:
You go and find the ingredients at places the Mage's Guild Master told you about. [I would imagine you could make the places pretty obscure and possibly describe them by the world map's geography like "Up north by some dead woods and a shore with a lot of rocks." Then the player would try to determine where that is at. (A lot like the chocographs and treasure hunting in FFIX.]

Part VI:
You return to the Mage's Guild Master with all of the ingredients and he tells you to meet him in the basement of the guild. [I know it exists! I made it!  ;8] And then he teleports himself down to the basement. You then make your way down there and a small cut scene takes place where the Mage's Guild Master and the woman I have testing 'fire and water' spells in the basement. They talk about this new spell and how awesome it is, maybe it's too dangerous. Should they make it? Well yeah. DUH! It took forever to get the freakin' stuff, so they go and make this spell. Some super cool animations start playing and then you speak with that woman who was testing spells. Or if you talk to the Guild Master there, he just tells you to talk to her to get the spell. She gives you lengthy explanation of how powerful this spell is and to use it carefully and only a Mage in your party can learn it and only ONE character can learn it.

Ending:

Someone learns the spell and it's pretty much a 1 - 2 cast kill on any normal monster in endgame [if you can even cast it 2 times]. Also, it's MP cost should be MASSIVE since it will in turn be a very very powerful spell. You can come up with what ever it does.

Side Notes:
This is an endgame quest for the Mage's Guild. Also, this 'book' that will initiate the quest line must be found while on a main story-line quest so that you WILL find this no matter what. Finding it can be at any level of quest. For each part of this chain quest, set level requirements for you party so that they can actually go to these places in the game. For instance, the zombie bandits are a higher level enemy that would definitely own you if you attempted to go there at the beginning of this chain quest. This quest is meant to be a very long quest and shouldn't be completed all at one time, unless the player happens to just wait FOREVER and do it at the last second just to see what they learn. It's just one of those things the player should keep in the back of their mind as they continue playing the game.

P.S. I was totally making this up as I went along.  ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Quest 7: Secrets

Background: Deep in the waterways of the city, there lies a passageway untouched by humans for centuries. What lies in its depths? Beasts? Knowledge? Treasure? That is what the Mage Guild wants to know.

Quest:

Part I:
A leader in guild is doing heavy research in the study. You come to talk to him and he shoos you away at first. But after a second, you beckons you over. He asks you to find a gate with strange writings down in the waterways and wants you to copy them down on a blank notebook.

Part II:
You go down into the waterways and at the gate, you write down the writings. But as you leave, a thief steals the notebook from you.

Part III:
You find the thief in an alleyway of the city and you fight for the book. He talks about saving you from your own demise.

Part IV:
You bring the notebook to the mage and he tells you to not worry about the thief. He figures out what he needs to do, and says he needs to make a magical key and to come back to him later.

Part V:
After making the key, he tells you to go down through the gate and to find what's inside and for every artifact you find he will pay you. (Making this into a treasure hunting mini game)

Notes:
This would be a great place to hide the book of secrets for grafikal's quest
The secret area would be a ruined, underground city, with ancient spirits and undead living there.

Rep:
Level 90
One Green Cave, sans puzzles because I'm not that great at them.   The start is suppose to be the right path outside the cave.  My bad for leaving it inside.  :-\

I have added it to the game along with integrated it into the original quest that I wanted to integrate it into. I like how it looks and the tiny mountain in the center. Not what I had in mind, but it is really clever. Not to mention the water on the inside of the cave. Here is a question though, the exterior is brown, but the interior is gray.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
Quest 12: Hide and Seek:

Background:

You could [along another (and yet required) story quest] find a book of secrets that happens to be coded. As soon as you pick it up, you think to yourself, "Hm, I should show this to the Mage's Guild Master. Maybe he'll know of its use." So then you take your long [yes long, because where you find this random book should be on a quest that has you far away from the Mage's Guild, and it adds gameplay] trip back to the Mage's Guild. You show the Guild Master and he tells you to give him a couple days to try and decipher it. [In those 'couple of days' you can go and do whatever, but I would imagine to set a timer for about 10 game minutes, or however long your day/night script rolls over.] After a couple days pass by, you return back to the Mage's Guild and speak with its master. He'll tell you that the book is coded in a language that even he can't decipher! But, he does know about a cipher that was written for the language many years ago.

I will wait to make this quest. I have it written out, but this would require more to the game than there currently is.

Background: Deep in the waterways of the city, there lies a passageway untouched by humans for centuries. What lies in its depths? Beasts? Knowledge? Treasure? That is what the Mage Guild wants to know.

An underground city is excessive. I will put this quest in though.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
Simply, the exterior is just the outer most layer of rocks having been pushed out of the ground from a natural occurrence, while the interior is more of a granite like material that was thrust up along with the rest of the area from further underground.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

An underground city is excessive. I will put this quest in though.

An ancient colony, you know, whatever fits the game the best.

Rep:
Level 90
I just wanted to say that Grafikal is busy with an underground kingdom. So if anyone else wants to do the den of sorceress sisters go right ahead.

Any other interpritations for quests based on titles? You can still do the Mages Guild, I just add the quests :-) In the mean time, for those who are feeling thieving...

THIEVES GUILD QUESTS

QUEST 5: Poison Needle

QUEST 6: The Jade Room

QUEST 7: Cold as Ice

QUEST 8: The Kings Closet

QUEST 9: Lifting the Veil

QUEST 10: Vanity and Pain

QUEST 11: Extremely Flamable

QUEST 12: Beauty is Sin Deep

QUEST 13: Protection

QUEST 14: Boldface Letters

QUEST 15: Pyromania

Rep:
Level 90
I am still looking for a Den of Six Sisters, but now I am looking for a creepy tomb of the dead.

Rep:
Level 90
I am now going to be using the Uber Quest Script (from Atoria) to keep track of the scripts with a journal / log. The script is heavily modified to match my pre existing quest system. There are a load of quests to kick off the game, and so far in the log I have implamented 20 quests from the first and second towns. 20 out of more than 70 - 90 probably.