RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MAKE SOMETHING!!! Creepy Tomb INT *** fill in blanks 4 quests

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Ok the cave is complete. Now I'm play testing it for its bugs. Also, you could think of this as a quest as well considering the ocean flows into the lowest level of the cave and that's where I have the ship. However, it's like a puzzle as to how to you get to the ship. I'll upload the maps and stuff when I'm finished play testing.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Pirate's Guild, you can bail a person out of jail.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ok the cave is complete. Now I'm play testing it for its bugs. Also, you could think of this as a quest as well considering the ocean flows into the lowest level of the cave and that's where I have the ship. However, it's like a puzzle as to how to you get to the ship. I'll upload the maps and stuff when I'm finished play testing.

;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9

Never mind that...

This virus I've had on my computer for a while now has locked down my computer. I can't export any kind of information to and external source like a flash drive, CD, external harddrive, etc. I was hoping to reformat it AFTER I finished the map AND posted it here, but I can't. So... I'm in the middle of reformatting my desktop now. Afterwards I'll have to reinstall some stuff and remake the maps. At least this way, I already know what my plan was and it'll be 10 times better than my original.  ;9 But my original was pretty badass.

Rep:
Level 90
For the thieve's guild, you could have a quest where you rob a bank.

I made a guild quest for the Theives Guild. Its a tough and elaborate one.

Invisibility is needed or you will have tons of guards chasing you before or after you rob the bank.
A password / combination is needed.
There are 2 switch puzzles to get in there.
You will be given one skeleton key (high powered key that can open any door) to even get to the floor with the vault.

Finally, you must be in the theives guild, do it alone and have a reputation of 10 with the theives. I am guessing players will not be able to complete this quest until they are level 14 at least.

*** come on more quests.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:18:18 AM by maia »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'll edit this post in a little bit. I fully fixed my PC and have the Cave Map completed. I, again, am play-testing it and will upload it.

Mmmmhm. Done.  :)

For background information here, the object is to get to the lowest level and make your way to the underground dock where the Ship vehicle is located. I didn't load any monsters in the cave considering it is a pretty difficult puzzle. However, I would imagine this is the first time you get to use the ship, so for location in your game, I would set a quest somewhere that requires you to use the ship and to get to this ship you need to go through this cave. From then on out, the ship would be used whenever you need it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3i6ds
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:12:53 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 90
I'll edit this post in a little bit. I fully fixed my PC and have the Cave Map completed. I, again, am play-testing it and will upload it.

Mmmmhm. Done.  :)

For background information here, the object is to get to the lowest level and make your way to the underground dock where the Ship vehicle is located. I didn't load any monsters in the cave considering it is a pretty difficult puzzle. However, I would imagine this is the first time you get to use the ship, so for location in your game, I would set a quest somewhere that requires you to use the ship and to get to this ship you need to go through this cave. From then on out, the ship would be used whenever you need it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3i6ds

Thanks so much! It is really exceptional with the puzzles and the complexity. I will have to make it a place for higher level characters. I've added it to the game and it takes about 5 minutes with dash, knowing where everything is and having no enemies. I like the good use of greens, it makes the cave look different than mine :-)

You can find the cave directly south of Vestopa and you will need a canoe to get to it (just so people can find this when playing).
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
I haven't played much of latest version, but general quests for guilds could be like the following:

- Fighter guild: ~ Sends you on a  journey around the world to find new martial challenges, gaining the respect of the
                            masters ( or enemies) you defeat.

~ Obtain a legendary weapon or armor from a forgotten period.

~ Lay waste to an existing town's guards and king (or queen), and claim it as your own.

~  A gladiatorial arena of some sort, allowing the players to participate in a survival fight (single actor or
                           entire part)  of say, 100 rounds, against increasingly tougher opponents and getting items based on
                           how far they advance.

- Mage guild: ~ Has commissions from elder guild members, from simple (reigniting a light house's flame) to complex
                         (descending into ancient ruins to find a powerful magic spell or item that will banish a summoned                 
                          demon or similar force back to it's home dimension, within a certain time limit).

-Thief guild:  ~  "Acquire" items and funds for the guild's "legitimate" business.
                     ~  Collection of protection money from local town shops.
                     ~  Infiltration of hostile cities with the help of disguises, then proceed to gather information about various
                     ~  things, i.e. Military strength, numbers of civilians, etc.
                     ~  Rob from corrupt officials and give to the poor, while avoiding capture, a.k.a Robin hood.

and if you happen to have one:

- Clerical Guild:  ~ Develop new potions for the world to use by finding new herbs or techniques for combining existing
                             items. (Just need to get the stuff once and return to the quest giver and vendors around the world   
                             or just at the guild will start carrying it)
                         ~ Put to rest an uprising of undead brought forth from a former member of the guild.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:13:33 PM by Garge »

Rep:
Level 90
Thank you for the stellar ideas. I will most likely use them all :-)

The cave is amazing and again, thank you :-) I tied it in with a quest, and I will probably tie it in with more quests.

I now need a basement, that's it, pretty simple :-)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'd be glad to make the cabin and basement, but I still don't quite understand what you mean by:

Effort:
Cannot be a full screen thing (like how Zelda takes up a full screen).
Adjust your map size instead of just filling the screen.

Rep:
Level 90
Lots of people that map think the map should take up 1 full screen and just be a box.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ah ok. So you would like maps that are larger and you can move around in. I see. Good thing I've been doing that then  :o

I'm done making the cabin and basement, I'm play testing it and it'll be uploaded very soon. I must say though, I had more fun making this one.
Also, I would only suggest you play test it real fast first. I left a note at the very beginning of the thing for you, plus, it's probably more fun going in blind and checking it out anyway.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:32:54 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks once again, the house looks great, I found a place for it in the 1st town New Aliahan. Lots of wine knowldge.

Anyone care to give a guild house a go?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
What kind of guild house? Lol, Nevermind.

I'm going to start on the Mage's Guildhouse.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:58:29 PM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 86
Well here's my take on the fighter's guild hall.  It's pretty empty in terms of dialog and secrets though. 

Fighter's Guild Hall

Also, have you ever thought of having people make a standard TileE with stuff  for anyone making parts for World Crafters to use?  Now I'm not talking about an entire tilesite like grafikal007's ship tileset, but things that may be missing or in need of more variety, like an indoor potted plant, different shields with maybe an emblem on them, maybe a new window or two, etc.  Once full, it's full, and the only changes will be if someone updates their graphics.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:21:07 PM by Garge »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Here you go, check it out. Sorry it took a little longer than usual, I have a couple side projects.  :P

Note: There is a new script that I used. KGC's ComposeItems. It's for synthesizing items and such. I thought it belonged well with alchemy and stuff in the Mage's Guild.

Rep:
Level 90
Here you go, check it out. Sorry it took a little longer than usual, I have a couple side projects.  :P

Note: There is a new script that I used. KGC's ComposeItems. It's for synthesizing items and such. I thought it belonged well with alchemy and stuff in the Mage's Guild.

Once again Grafikal continues to amaze me. This place is well constructed with a lot going on, its like a town within a building. It is quite gem of a building and a faction... so much so that it is too grand when compared to the town.

Just to make you aware that you can talk over counters, you do not have to put the dialog in the counter, you can put it in the NPC. Unless you want to walk up and activate it without pressing a key.

I really love the script included and I do have a script of my own for alchemy, but it is much more tedious to add things than with this script. I will stick credit in there too.

I also have to say that because of all of the contributors the game is getting really fleshed out with things, quests and quirks that I never thought of.

Rep:
Level 90
Well here's my take on the fighter's guild hall.  It's pretty empty in terms of dialog and secrets though. 

Fighter's Guild Hall

Also, have you ever thought of having people make a standard TileE with stuff  for anyone making parts for World Crafters to use?  Now I'm not talking about an entire tilesite like grafikal007's ship tileset, but things that may be missing or in need of more variety, like an indoor potted plant, different shields with maybe an emblem on them, maybe a new window or two, etc.  Once full, it's full, and the only changes will be if someone updates their graphics.

The Fighters Guild is big and full of guards... so big and spacious, I'm going to make it a castle. :-) It will be awesome. I am going to add it now.

Nope, never thought of making a standard TileE.

Rep:
Level 90
The buildings are too massive. While they are realistic, for town purposes, people do not want to spend the extra time running around the ware houses. The mountains look like ice, maybe grey them up and as for the graveyard... wow that's a lot of dead people.

Rep:
Level 86
Alright, one more time.  Now with 50% less building filler!  :lol:
Frozen Village V2

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Here's a town of snow, and since you said that a monster was the reason for it's frozen state, I have added another map that is the same thing except not frozen... And THAT part took sooo long.

[edit]
Whoa, my bad. I didn't realize someone else picked up the map.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:40:16 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 90
... a competition ... :-)

I finally looked back and saw that GARGE is the first one to ever submit anything for the project. Yay Garge! :-)

As for getting two frozen villages, its great, because there are frozen wastelands. One of yours will be used as Village of Mictlantecuhtli (I did not make the name) that will be between a frozen passage and Sheol Tower. The tower is a gateway that allows the player to travel to the nexus between worlds far quicker than if the player goes through the main quest.

There was a Village of Mictlantecuhtli before, but it used the example from the game's maps.

The other map will be put before Talaris that someone submit a while ago and its in the game, but not accessable.

Someone submit a Fire Island on another forum.

As for right now, I'd love a green cave. It doesn't have to be completely green, you can add some other colors in there like grey walls with green walls or something. Go for it!

I am always enjoying what people show me, especially the dead surrounding the village in Garge's frozen village.

Finally, I do update the 1st post of the World Crafters topic to reflect everything that everyone makes on here.

Rep:
Level 86
One Green Cave, sans puzzles because I'm not that great at them.   The start is suppose to be the right path outside the cave.  My bad for leaving it inside.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:37:15 PM by Garge »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I CALL NEXT PROJECT!  >:(

lol.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have work for the next 2 days so I'm up for something.

Rep:
Level 90
You might regret calling next project. You can still do this one, because the beauty of these things is two different interpritations, actually 3, cause I have it in my mind, but you have it different yet better, and Garge has it different yet better as well.

Rep:
Level 90
I would like to say...

no callsies :-)

Now for an interesting quest that involves a sisterhood of six sorceresses. That should be fun for everyone.

ALSO

MAGE GUILD QUESTS

Give me your thoughts or interpritations on what I mean when I say these words. They are to be Mage Guild Quests, but quite honestly 1 person thinking of ideas is not as creative as a forum thinking of ideas. These are all for the Mage Guild, keep in mind. Take a guess, start pondering, elaborating and having fun... like a forum game I guess?

QUEST 6: Retaliation

QUEST 7: Secrets

QUEST 8: Sisterhood of Six Sorceress

QUEST 9: Join or Die.

QUEST 10: Only He Restores

QUEST 11: Nix on Necromancy

QUEST 12: Hide & Seek

QUEST 13: Pay Your Dues

QUEST 14: Venom & Valor

QUEST 15: Nymphomania
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:56:17 PM by maia »