RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rose Memories: The Remake

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Yeah, that's it.

I haven't worked on it for at least 2 weeks now  :o. Time to start again xd

Rep:
Level 89
Update:

The main Reason that this game has been slow in progess is that I haven't found any CMS that has given me the feeling "Wow!"

Today, while searching through CMS scripts on hbgames.org, I found this CMS called "The Sword of Emperor III CMS
". Basicly, it's a CMS from an old Chinese RPG from 1998( If I understood the topic right) and that menu gave me this "Wow!" i've been looking for. Here's a screenshot from it:

The menu is made by NANKONGX, and I decided to use it for my game, and Im going to update my credit list.

Now, I can start to work again.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
wow, thats a very nice find O_O I'm kinda tempted to use it as well.... maybe... lol, but that does look very nice.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
That's a good CMS, nice find.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Indeed it is.
We don't find good CMS' easily nowadays.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
you deserve a +rep and a special thanks for finding this XD

*omg, I = loser >_>* lol, well, it looks to awesome, so I'll be useing it as well :=:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I am Liking what I am seen  :lol:

Can't wait to see it in action =)

Rep:
Level 89
Thx for the comments all.  And thx for the +rep monkeydlu xD.

The good is that the mouse script works pretty well with the menu, comparing to the Ring Menu I used before.

Rep:
Level 89
Progress so far has been good. Sundays is mostly my free days, so I decided to put most of my day on this. Here's what I've done today:

Bat Mini Game

Yeah, it contains bats. Basicly, you climb down a tall cliff, and on the sides, there's bats that will do anything to smack you down! Mean bats ;_;

Basicly, it's something like this:

This is in the cave area, and I really hate the black background right now. If anyone has any idea of panorama, post your ideas here.

Rep:
Level 87
It could be cool if you made a map of a cave, like several cave walls and pillars, and took that map and used it as a image background. It works quite nicely in alot of games.

Rep:
Level 89
Hmmm, I will think on that:

I just made this funny little Health Bar for this Mini Game^^

Now, I have alot of eventing to do to make this Mini-Game funny. Basicly, each time you've been striked by a bat, the Health Bar decrease, and when it's empty, you must start from the beginning on the map.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Nice one shadow, looks really fun. Good luck with it.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
Thx Ruzu. Today, I finally got the Mini-Game to work 100%, so now, I only need to fix the map.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Looks like fun. I find that CMS' background and layout fit well with the character portrait, by the way. Nice work there.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks Reives.

New Screenshots:

Enter The Cave(Im aware of one slight error in this screenshot, and that error is fixed)

Mini-Game finished :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
One minor thing about the second screenshot. I'd suggest finishing the shadow on the cliff or using the cliff bottom that doesn't have a shadow attached. And, just so you know what I'm looking at, it is the cliffs on the left side of the screen. As it is, there is a very noticeable square on the ground. Anyway, the screenshots look good. Nice job.

Rep:
Level 87
you might want to use a lighting picture,  to make it look more cave like

something like this but with he circle more oval long like.

that'll also cover up the mistakes MA talked about too, kinda anyways :P

Rep:
Level 89
@MA: Thx, I didn't notice that. Error fixed.

@monkeydlu: The link dosen't work for me.

Rep:
Level 87
weird, it works fine for me

I'll try and see if I can find a oval one or one that'll fit better for the cave, but thats the idea.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hey, Shadow.  :)

There are some grammatical and typographic errors in your game's introduction.  Would you like me to help you correct them?

Oh, by the way!  I noticed you use "magia" instead of "magic".  Magia is the Spanish word for Magic.  :)  So it's nice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:40:36 AM by Arwym Starlight »

Rep:
Level 89
@monkeydlu: I can't see that picture =(. Could be that I use IE.

@Arwym: That would be awesome. Could I send the intro picture to you?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Oh, that'd be a good idea (done in Photoshop or something?).  Also, I'll correct the intro you posted in the first post of this thread.  :)

Rep:
Level 89
The intro picture is made in paint. I will PM it to you.

Also, correct the intro in the first post as well, You could sne me the corrected version through PM.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am going to make an identical copy of the image, but with its corrections.  Then I'll send it.  I'll save in an editable format as well, so that if you want something else, I can come back to it.
Say, besides MS Paint, have you got any other image editor?

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
This looks nice! :) Very nice mapping. I'll keep my eye on this.  ;)
I SUPPORT: