RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Earthbound II (CANCELLED)

Rep:
Level 88
I decided to make a game to continue Earthbound (A game for snes which looks remarkably like it was made in RPGXP). The characters are Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo. Those are all of their original names and I can't find the script letting you choose their names XD! So then heres a run down, (I still need sprites of them as adults so please donate). By 'ze way the battle tech's stay the same cos Earthbound's battling is exactly like RPGXP.
-----------------

10 years have passed since the last time Ness and his friends fought the evil Giygas and his servant Pokey and now the four have taken their own paths and Ness must now cope with nearly exactly the same as what he had put up with at the beginning...

Ness:
Spoiler for:
Once a young boy who was destined to save the planet, now a pro baseballer. Now the future needs him again... A lion has come from the future and Ness's hometown has evolved. This Lion is basically half machine. Now his job is to use his trusty Lucky Bat and find his friends again and use their help to save the universe once again.

Paula:
Spoiler for:
A cute like girl who has a large connection to Ness. When she was young she had a gift. The gift of magic. As she grew up she learnt more and more about them. Soon she became a master mage. She normally wears a pink dress but she can bring a strike of thunder to whom ever says she looks ugly. Her body is like a super fit athlete... Now Ness must find her and use her help to destroy the new villain from the future.

Jeff:
Spoiler for:
Jeff is a smart kid. He wears a green tux nearly all the time and his main weapon is a gun. Unfortunetly he has been reduced to not being able to use magic... Now that a few years have passed his smartness has increased but this got to his head and now he is a master gambler. He has but one special attack... The throw of cards...

Poo:
Spoiler for:
The prince of land called Dalaam and trained in the methods of Moo. Ten years pass, nothing changes. His father still has not gone into retirement and so Poo is still allowed out. He is now a amazing young teacher as well as a prince. He teaches young people what he knows of 'Moo' now and tells them tales of what he had done with Ness.
-------------------------

Basic Story

In the previous game Ness had to do a adventure with the 'Star Stone' to collect seven pieces of music, now he must use the 'Cloud Stone' to collect the symbols of seven different monsters. Ness must find the three friends he had helped to save the universe again but from the CloudMen. Like the Starmen, these cloudmen are bound to get the Cloud Stone and use it for the aid of Gasgiy whom of which is Giygas's brother. Gasgiy is attempting to turn the entire planet of earth into a giant cloud and then reshape it into what he wants but the only way to manage this is by getting the cloud stone...
--------------------------

Percentage done:

0%
I had every weapon, item and armour finished... Every Ness skill... Nearly every enemy and 17 maps done... Then my computer shut down without warning... It deleted RPGXP and... I lost all my files...
--------------------
Need help... I suck at doing self made sprites and I need some battlers and sprites... Heres the two forums which have my requests on them:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12982.0.html Sprites/Battlers
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12982.0.html Script
-------------------------

By the way, is this a good idea?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=snes&game=earthbound

You might be able to use some of these things

Also if you want to know how to make custom names just type \N[X] (replace X with the number of character in the database) instead of their name.

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=snes&game=earthbound

You might be able to use some of these things

Also if you want to know how to make custom names just type \N[X] (replace X with the number of character in the database) instead of their name.
Those sprites are useful, except.. I suck at doing sprites so I'm gonna post some sprites I need adultized here and my request thread. I will let whoever gives me the sprites make any NPC they want.

Give me 5 sets (80 different sprites)

Rep:
Level 88
...I've given up asking people to help me with sprites. I'm doing em myself. :'(
Currently, they suck.

Rep:
Level 88
I wasn't lying when I said Ness's town had evolved. It has. Now theres a surprise. :D

Also, can somebody please help with the sprites?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
DUDE, RIGHT HERE. But you have to promise you'll stop the double posting. It's very, very, very, VERY annoying.

I started a project myself with my brother, but he called quits. I'll give you everything I had on that, if I can be a co writer. I would LOVE to see a new Earthbound.

(Thing is, my stuff is in 2003.)

In addition to this, I am a pretty good spriter, and for some bizzarre reason I've been making new enemies in the same basic style as Earthbound. So I could do customs too, I have lots of ideas and sketches.

For example, this guy, The Shocked Spook.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:17:08 AM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 88
:F ok.

Sure, you can be co-write. Tho I dont know what it means XD. Also, I use XP so how exactly so they compare?

And I like that pic, only problem is, This is XP so you need some movement pics... And also, I'm looking for some better vesions of the old presents :)

Rep:
Level 96
All right, we're in business. I have all of the old characters, but you'll have to rework their sheets a bit. I can help there. That sprite was a battle graphic, and I am making his movement sprites tonight. Do you want to update the colors on the old sprites? If I am re0aligning them, I might as well. With RMXP you don't have the color limitations of RM2003, or the SNES even, so you can make some pretty good shit. I have a sort of engine in 2003. I am still trying to convert it to XP. (I figured out a way to emulate the battle backgrounds from the games! Thing is, it needs a script, which we can ask for.)

By presents, do you mean the gift boxes? Or is it a typo, and did you mean PRESETS? Sorry to ask,, but I wnat to be sure before I start. I'm willing to work, it's fun for me, but I want to make sure it's going somewhere.

(By co-writer I meant helping with the story, mostly dialogue for NPC's, but I have some good plot points too.)

Rep:
Level 88
gift boxes... I call em presents cos I always do  ;D

But I need a idea on how to add save points...

Rep:
Level 96
I've all ready got a potential phone call system worked out. Lemme put it into an RMXproj for you.

Rep:
Level 88
I've all ready got a potential phone call system worked out. Lemme put it into an RMXproj for you.
? What? (I'm still a newbie with XP...)

Rep:
Level 96
It's the file that runs the game. ;D

I made a phone in my old project, I'm converting it now.

I've also included a (very rough) tileset for Ness's house, and character sets for all of the chosen four, as well as a hippie, some music, all of the sound effects, and all of the old enemies.

I should be done converting the phone shortly. Also, there is a room for a name screen, not finished yet though.

Rep:
Level 88
It's the file that runs the game. ;D

I made a phone in my old project, I'm converting it now.

I've also included a (very rough) tileset for Ness's house, and character sets for all of the chosen four, as well as a hippie, some music, all of the sound effects, and all of the old enemies.

I should be done converting the phone shortly. Also, there is a room for a name screen, not finished yet though.
NAME SCREEN?! I've been looking for a script for that for a while now XD. Im gonna finish up the armour and weapons... And renaming the items... And getting the tilesets... And finding some Earthbound all way movement pics for any people and then I'll do my mapping.

Rep:
Level 88
Hmm... Wait a few mins and I'll grab what I need  ;8

EDIT:
 KWL. I added the animations, sprites and basically everything... Except tommorrow I'll grab the skills. ;D

Rep:
Level 96
Glad I could help! I think I figured out a better way to do the onscreen enemies, so let me test that out now.

Rep:
Level 88
I need a few more things...

Spoiler for:
Animations:
 I need cards and baseball bat animations
 As well as frying pan animations too.
Script:
 A script which follows the original Earthbound
 Menu.
Battlers/Sprites:
 The ones I ripped from your game
 Are still just kids. I need
 Adults/Young Adults.

Rep:
Level 88
Oh, and there wont be lots of working on actually doing the game cos I'm cutting and pasting to make the new sets. Arrow, the sets you used barely helped.

Sorry 'bout double posting if I did.

Rep:
Level 96
I know, I only included those so you had a start. I have ALL of the sets, give me some time to convert them... -____-

Rep:
Level 88
Arrow... Help needed? Me need :)

Spoiler for:
Now, I used the website above which Bulls84 posted and grabbed every single overworld sprite needed. Now what I need done is them all arranged so that I can use them in the game. After I'll add it in and it can be used for overworld gaming:

Rep:
Level 96
Just import that into rmxp as a tileset, and left click the white background. It's perfect the way it is, actually, I'm kind of amazed he found it. The cool thing about RMXP is tilesets can be as long as you like, as long as each tile is 32x32 and each row is five tiles long. Good luck setting the damn thing up though. :D

Rep:
Level 88
I did and guess what? It didnt work. I tried the Temple and... Well... It took some of the things from other ones around it for some reason :(

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
That just means the tileset isnt wide enought (or tall enought), and you will select more then you want to because its slightly squished together. A easy way to sort this out is to get hold of a template which has red and blue(green?) boxes which are the same size as you can select. Cut bits of the tileset off and stretch bigger or smaller (do the same for all otherwise they won't be systematic) to fit just into the boxes (Example say 3x3 boxes for the temple). Just cut and paste each of the items untill complete. Make sure to get rid of the left over boxes after by filling them with white. This can be done in paint.

Hope that didnt confuse you,
Darico

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Whatever suits you best; lol.

Rep:
Level 96
But it's unnecessary...I did the temple, and I saw what you were refferring to. Just edit out the street light with a blank, the temple will be unchanged.

Rep:
Level 96
Well, I don't guess that would hurt anything either. So long as it works. ;D

I'm trying to perfect the overworld enemy collisions, specifically running away and who is. Getting there, but not quite perfect yet.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
So, did it work?

Rep:
Level 88
So, did it work?
Pretty much. Also, can someone connect some Cliffs, The Entire Desert set, A snow field, house set and farm set into this:

Then add it into a game so I can easily use it in my game? :)

Rep:
Level 88
So, did it work?
Pretty much. Also, can someone connect some Cliffs, The Entire Desert set, A snow field, house set and farm set into this:

Then add it into a game so I can easily use it in my game? :)

I know its long, but its my set. Also, Arrow here are some needed sprites and battlers:

Spoiler for:
Your ghost sprite sheet
Gasgiy - Like the battler for for Giygas except Blue and looking left
Angry Cannon Guy - Just a angry guy with a cannon next to him for a battler and a man for a sprite
Weird Knight - A disranged knight who's arm is limp but his hand is perfect
Flame Thrower Kid - Some kid who can blow fire

Also, I just made PSI Rocking B

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Cool; glad to hear it worked ^^;

Also you should of just edited your post, things people will do for post count now-a-days... like me posting this  ;D

Rep:
Level 96

Ghost. Just a simple edit of the Mother 3 ghost. If you want it to use an SNES pallette so it matches, tell me, and I'll change it.

I see what you mean by the battler descriptions, except for the knight. Think you could make an MS Paint scribble real fast?

And the Gygas one will be done shortly, though I think you should make something more creative for the last boss...really.

Rep:
Level 88
Yeh I know. That was for the first form XD. The second will be in this post

Also, the knight, ever saw a person with a broken arm? Well make a knight like that. A broken sleeve from his armour and his arm just slightly moving. If you want make him limp as well.

Second Form:
Make a strange beast with massive huge knuckles with spikes at the middle two fingers. Make him support himself on his toes. Make his eyes pure silvery yellow with a hint of red. Make him have HUGE muscles. Make thorns coming from his back and give him a tail. Make his main colour blue

Third Form:
I want this one awesome! Make a creature with open hands with multiple elements pouring out upwards. Make him have wings and pure dark red eyes and make his seem dragon-ish. Add a elegent tail, make him glow an array of colours mixed together with black. Give him a small piece of armour (Chect/Shoulders/Tail) all red trimmed blue. Make his main colour dark blue.

ALSO, all PSI Rockin' are done. All four :)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Zzzzz.....

I could help a bit, I'm on ok spiriter.

Rep:
Level 88
Zzzzz.....

I could help a bit, I'm on ok spiriter.
Ok.

NOW I NEED SCRIPTERS!
---------

I have another need XD

Spoiler for:
Robo' Spider - Just make some wierd thingy. Make its base like a helmet with that face shield fully up and use another 2 layers of metal to connect it to the place its at. Add a red small orb on the face shield and make it spout a blue light. Give it six legs. Just make them knights armour shoes.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Spoiler for:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sounds like fun.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ok, I was out for while, so I didn't get a chance to do anything....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I just got a bigger monitor, 20.1 inch!
IT IS AMAZING! (Upgrade from a 17 in.) 

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That's the first draft.

Any thing you don't like?

Rep:
Level 96
LOL!

BTW, here are some things I need:

made into... version sprites.

...Why? Isn't the style part of what makes Earthbound great? And why would you want to make it so the characters were five times as big as everything else?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
who are you talking to? Me about the robo's being too small or halestorm about having the spirits too big.

Anyway, I hope you liked those, I don't have photoshop, all of my spirits are made using paint.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Anyway. Before you get too into the spirits as you wanted them, what about something more like:

Dhis:

Spoiler for:

It's enlarged by a few pixels, i'm sure you can see a difference.

Rep:
Level 96
I was talking to hail. And your sprite is good! I use MS Paint as well. I only use photoshop for transparency and format changes really.

Rep:
Level 88
The sprites I grabbed from Arrow's game... Are kids. If possible, using the sane way they made the earthbound orginals, you make older versions. Not bigger, older.

Rep:
Level 96
Keep in mind, however, that in Earthbound people of all ages are the same size. Pokey was as large as Lardna Minch, and Tracy was as large as her mother. If you make them bigger they'll merely become gigantesque. I suggest that rather than inflating them, redetail them.

Rep:
Level 88
...Rats... They wont fit in with everything then XD

The Earthbound set is useless unless combined with multiple amounts of other sets...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Haha! I don't know why I'm laughing...So, what do you want me to do now...........     ........    ........     .........

Spoiler for:
Keep Going

Anyway, I want something NOW!

Rep:
Level 88
I dunno... Redo every single default sprite in RPGXP into Earthbound sprites? Cos I need that done  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 96
NO NO NOT AT ALL LOL

KEEP THE OLD SPRITES. Just make minor edits so they look updated, while retaining the original style and eccentricity.

Rep:
Level 88
...I'm using the small versions of Ness/Paula/Jeff/Poo so they can't even reach the table... Also, is anyone working on adult's? I don't know what to add to make them look adult...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You two seem to be in a rut over updated or edited....
 ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9  ;9

Spoiler for:
Look down...

WELL! YOU KNOW WHAT!?!?! I DON'T CARE!!!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I mean, I just want some spiriting, so make up your :froghat: mind!

Frog Hat! (who's in the picture?)

Sorry, this was meant to be posted in this forum, but was posted on a different one yesterday by accident!

Spoiler for:

I tested it and it works!

Rep:
Level 88
I never saw it so I didnt give you one  :tpg:

See'ing as I don't think you do battlers (Sorry if you do) can you do a guy who would look best running scared around? LOL

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
In Hwhat style may i ask?

Like the Earthbound style of graphics or like sorta newish style? (ie: cartoonish?

You're RIGHT! I don't really do battlers. I mainly stick to outside world characters.
But I do have flash, I can make something in flash and import it to paint. If you want like a newer version of Ness I can do that!  :stick: :wiig:

Rep:
Level 88
newer? Instead

ADD features to make him adult. Examples:

Change his shirt stripes
Make him seem more to his discription in the first post
Make his hair look gelled

You know, that stuff
--------------------

Earthbound style all the way.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ouukay!

But still in Flash? I can add some sweet shading.  ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
OK! I just have to get my sister off the other computer and I'll be on it in no time!!!

:-\
Spoiler for:
My Notebook doesn't have flash...

Rep:
Level 88
Should I add a optional extra game at the end? With these things:

DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING EXTRA GAME!

Spoiler for:
I'm going to add a quick two map extra game at the end, with multiple amounts of non-earthbound and non-RPGXP defaults. Pure me. Hope you likeys.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh dear! I tried, I failed....  ;9

Sorry man, try finding someone who has photoshop, but I can still do outside world enemies.

And maybe I can try again, but I have a fever and I shouldn't be on the computer too long.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This game will ONLY work with the Earthbound chipset.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So...what can I do next?

Rep:
Level 88
Something happened to my computer and RPGXP got deleted and I lost all of my files...

CANCELLED... :(