RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Clean Standalone VX Game

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hi, as we know, if we want to make a standalone game using "Compress Game Data" -> "Include RTP Data", it will make a standalone game with all of the RTP files, even though we didn't use them in the game. Is there is a way to include the files that we use only? Or is there any software tool for VX that can detect which files we don't use so we can delete them?

Thanks in advance :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You have to import them into the folders yourself. You can do this either by copy and pasting the files from the RTP folder into yours, or importing them through the Resource Manager. Be careful though - if you forget to include any of the resources you use then the game will give a game-breaking error.

I don't know of any tool that will delete the ones you don't use automatically. I know that Blizzard made a script for RMXP that would print out all of the graphics you did use so you knew which ones to import, but I don't think one exists for RMVX.

Do you mean that I don't use "Compress Game Data" option, but do it manually by myself? I've just try it but importing all of the resources file into my game folder, but when I try to run it as a standalone, it's still having the error. Is there any other file that I have to copy it into my game folders that not shown in the resource manager? Or maybe I should add some command lines in game.ini file?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What is the error message?

When I try to run the game, it automatically close itself after running for about less than 1 second.

I'm sorry for double posting, but I just found the cause. Just make sure we copy the "fonts" folder and RGSS202E.dll to our game folder and edit Game.ini by removing "RTP=RPGVX" line from the file.