RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Enemies drop more than one item, double attacks

Rep:
Level 82
The crazy, scissors-wielding demoness
Can anyone tell me how to get it so that enemies can drop more than one item?  And how to make it so a character can attack twice in one instance? (eg I have an attack called Twin Blades that I want to hit an enemy twice. Tried using a common event with a Force action, but it attacked three times instead o.O)

???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:03:57 AM by meiko_suzuki »
Game in the works:
The Adventures of the Generic Hero(ine)
Gameplay: 20%
Mapping: 10%
Characters: 80%
Events: 30%
Ways to Die: 30%
Cliches: 65/192
?? ??
PROFIT!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Did you force 2 actions, or 1? (I would imagine forcing 1 would be fine, maybe you forced 2 on accident?)

Anyways, you could make it look like he attacks two times via an animation. Then just do more damage than usual.

There are probably easier ways of getting an enemy to drop more than 1 item than what I'm thinking of right now. I'm really tired at the moment.

Rep:
Level 82
The crazy, scissors-wielding demoness
I took your advice and edited the animations XD

Can anyone help me out with the enemy drops?  :D
Game in the works:
The Adventures of the Generic Hero(ine)
Gameplay: 20%
Mapping: 10%
Characters: 80%
Events: 30%
Ways to Die: 30%
Cliches: 65/192
?? ??
PROFIT!

Rep:
Level 86
Do you mean having one enemy drop more than one type of item, or 1-2 (or more) of the same item?  If it's the first, about the only way I could really think to do it would be having two of the same monster, though with separate treasure.  Though if you wanted to do the 'common' and 'rare' item drops, that I'm not entirely certain how to pull off : /

If you're saying more of the latter, and want a goblin to drop one or two potions instead of the mandatory one, I'm sure it can be done, but it'll take a little bit of a script change, is all.  I tried to do some of it on my own and I could get it to where they /always/ drop two, but I don't think I'm using the random function correctly :P