RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[EVENTING] Switching a character with the player (sort of) does not work. Any ad

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I'm trying to event a puzzle in which you'll switch between two onscreen characters: the player and an event. I tried to figure it out, and I got it to work. The problem was that I had set the screen to fade out as the switch happened, but as each part of the event happened - switch the places of the character and the event, change the actor's sprite, and then change the event's sprite - the screen would flash in for a moment as the steps took place. So I tried to rewrite it, and not only did I not fix my problem, the event doesn't work, and I can't remember what I did to get it to work. attached is a screeny of a picture of the event in question. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Add a wait command before the fade-in.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
You must have deleted "Roy" at some point because the Event is missing from the action parameters. Edit those actions and put Roy back in and the event should work again.

And grafikal's solution is correct, but you should also add a wait after the fade-out. I've found 30 frames is enough, but you can add more for dramatic effect if you want to.

-Bash
Check out my game, Terra Chimera: Soulfire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,37324.0.html