RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Evolving party members in battle.

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
Hey,

I was wondering if there is any way i can make the party characters evolve in battle,
By evolve i meen shange their appearance, stats, attacks and what not.

The only way i can think of doing it is making a seperate character and having text come up before the fight starts saying who digivolved.

But i was thinking if it is possible to make a transformation skill like enemies can use but i dont know if you can do it for the hero?

If any one knows how to do it (maybe a script or somthing) could you please help?

Thanks

Adz.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you can't script in RM2k3, however if you make a 'transform' common event, and have a skill call it it could work

you'd just need to display the text in a message window and have the transforming member removed from the party, then replaced with their new state.
(i.e. both as characters in the Database)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Using a different character is usually the easiest way to do this; but do you want the character to remain evolved after a fight or do you want them to return to normal afterwards (since returning to normal makes things a little more difficult...)

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
i would prefer them to revert back.

Thanks NAMKCOR ill give your way ago now!

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
i know this is going to sound really n00by but ow do i link a common event to a skill?

i've looked in the events box and i've looked on the skill screen but i just cnt figure it out?

Help im confused.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
there should be an event call option in the skill settings shouldn't there?

edit: also, please don't double post

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
No there isn't one i can upload a screen shot of what i have if that would help?

The only thing that is there is switches and everytime i use a switch it doesnt call the event.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
hmm...it's been a while since I used RM2k3 I'm afraid.  Sorry about that bro :/

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
Ok no problem man...any one else have any ideas?

EDIT:: Ok so i got the charector to change in battle and everything works fine IN the battle but when it ends it crashes the game :/ any ideas on how to make the character revert back to how it was before the battle?

Thanks

Adz.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:33:55 PM by Adz »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
to apply a skill to a common event, you should set the skill type to "switch." then in the common event menu, make the even activate when that switch is activated.

Do you want it to be a command in the battle menu? that's possible but it takes longer to type up .-.

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
yeah i would like it as a battle command, i can get them to evolve but i cnt get them to revert back AFTER the battle and it crashes the game :/

what i meen is i want to be able to use the skill call in a different character(s) that i have created and then after the battle revert back to original character(s)

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
when it comes to your last question, i have nothing, sorry man  ;9

but to make the revert a battle command, go down to "battle layout" in your database, look at that menu to the right that says "default battle commands", and press set. make the battle command, and set the archetype to "link to event."

then go to the Monster Groups tab and make a demo party. (This isn't required, but recommended anyhow  :-\) go down to "battle events" and set the trigger to when whoever uses whatever.

This system, while it works, can prove quite tedious, as you'd need to make a separate page for every digimon you'd like to evolve. Be sure you're happy with your system before you do anything with it though, because this needs to be on every monster group you create and that makes editing boring and annoying.

In the meantime, when it comes to your other question, perhaps you can try a common event? that's all i got  :-X

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
i have tried common event but didnt know how to get it to work.

i was trold to use a switch on the world map to revert them back to original state but i dnt know how to do it :/

if any one knows how i would appreciate it :)

thanks

EDIT: I have managed to do it now! i just had to make an event on every map that called a common event that reverted them back to there previous state.

Any how i still have another question about it... When i revert them and call the original party member back into the party will it call the party member back in at the set character level?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:19:51 AM by Adz »