RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruitment for Item/Armor/Weapon Pictures

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I was debating whether to post this in Team Recruitment or here, but it's not a Project, per se, and so here won out.

Explanation

Okay, let me just preface this by saying I am making an item system. It is a limited inventory system based off a grid and item size. There is a screenshot at the bottom so you know what I'm talking about:

As you can see, the user can choose to use pictures to display items, and that is why I am posting this topic. I made the wooden shield and the scimitar, but as you can clearly see, I did not do a very good job. I want to release a default picture package with this script so that it is much easier for the user to use this feature of showing pictures, but I don't want this default pack to look as bad as the pictures now do. So, I am recruiting.

The Recruitment

Basically, I am looking for one or two good artists to work on making a default package for this script. I would hope to get around 60 pictures for a decent starting pack. I don't want just anyone to contribute because I would like the style to be consistent. For that reason, if there are multiple people who want to do it, I will need to see a sample to discern who I think would be best for the project, as well as to discern style inconsistency if there are multiple artists. I will leave the topic open for at least a week before choosing a person. For the sample, you can do whatever you like. If you are having trouble deciding on something, then you could try making a helmet like this:

I figure if you can do a good job on something like that, you can probably make any item.

The Details

Pictures must be rectangles (or squares), with width and length multiples of 32 pixels. In other words, a 1X1 item is actually 32X32 pixels. so, 32X64, 128X32, 128X96, all of these are acceptable sizes. 40X65 is not, nor is 33X65, though I suppose if it's that close it won't make a difference.

The Reward

I don't have much to offer, but I will say that you will get credit for your contributions in the script topic, as well as a link of course. And I won't take your rights to the material away either (not that I could), so you can post your pictures on any site you like, though I would request that you link to my script  ;D. As well, I will be willing to make a script for you upon your request.

Thank you in advance to anyone kind enough to apply and make a sample. I appreciate it greatly. The script, by the way, is close to being done and will be shared.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:13:56 PM by modern algebra »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I really like the scipt idea and the way you have put this together... I am not great at drawing with a mouse, but can show you a simple technique to make all your images look of the same style using photoshop:-

And here's the scaled down and rotated 128x128 version:-

Just find an image from google that looks real... and start the tutorial.

You can then make all your own stuff and keep he Credits in your own name !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks for the tips   :lol:

I think, however, that they might look too real and won't fit in with the RTP graphics like the battler in the inventory. Is there a way to make the picture look a little more cartoony?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Trace over on a different layer with a brush? XD

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I can try and make them look rtp.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'd try but they look way too complex for me to attempt.

Rep:
Level 97
Okay, I tried LOS's method for a few (I don't have photoshop, just Paint.NET, but they are very similar. Anyway, here is a sampling of what it would look like:

(images ripped from swords-online.com. Great site, lots of cool stuff)

Do you guys think that is okay? or should I wait for someone to come along who can make them fit in better with RTP graphics?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 05:31:45 PM by modern algebra »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I personally would say this is fine for a script demo, but if I miss understood you and that this is for a game then you might want to find someone to "toon it up" for you.

Rep:
Level 97
I want a default pack of item pictures to release with the script so that everyone who uses the script doesn't neccesarily have to make their own item graphics.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Is this an edit of the script that italionstalion posted?
Because this one looks better.
When will it be done??

Rep:
Level 97
It's not an edit, it's completely original.

It actually is done already, but I'd like to make it a little snazzier by making loot screens and I might revise the shop scene as well (optional to use with the system).

Currently, it does work, but if you gain an item and you don't have enough room for it, the item disappears. Thus, I want a loot screen so you can choose which items to drop.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
That makes sense, well it looks (sounds) great!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Awesome!
I really can't wait.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Some thing you could do is just enlarge the Icons to 32x32... I have over 100 icons...

Here's and Example set 32x32:-

Or Enlarge and sharpen to 64x64:-

Here's all my Icons:-
Icon's:-
Spoiler for:
Weapons

Slicer

Short Spear / Javalin

Ribbon Spear / Javalin

Spikey Stick / Rake

Throwing Star

Magic Spear / Javalin

Long Spear / Javalin

Blood Sword

Long Sword

Serated Sword

Blood Letting Sword

Chain Sword

Lance Sword

Ice Sword

Fire Sword

Skull Cracking Sword

Leather Whip

Nunchaku

Pocket Knife

Hook Sword

Dragon Sword

Metal Tounge

Anti Fire Armour

Anti Strom Armour

Bronze Armour

Chain & Plate Armour

Golden Armour

Platinum / Silver Armour

Spiked Armour

Storm Shield

Fire Shield

Platinium Shield

Gold Shield

Earth Shield

Bronze Shield

Dragon Shield

Storm Helm

Spiked Helm

Platinum / Silver Helm

Horned Helm

Hell / Fire Helm

Golden Helm

Dragon Helm

Dark Helm

Bronze Helm

Bronze Boots

Common Boots / Winkle Pickers / Spiked Shoes

Fire Boots

Golden Boots

Icarus Boots / Winged Boots

Leather Boots

Storm Boots

Platinum / Silver Boots

Bronze Gloves

Dragon Gloves

Fire Gloves

Golden Gloves

Leather and Chain Mail Glove

Platinium / Silver Gloves

Rusty / Old Gloves

Spiked Gloves

Storm Gloves

Dragon Blade

Metal Tongue item

Water Staff

Fire Staff

Earth Staff

Dark Staff

Storm Bow

Spiked Bow

Silver Bow

Mixed Metal Bow

Cupid Bow

Golden Bow

Fire Bow

Bronze Bow

Killer Bow

Items

Red Potion

Purple Potion

Pink Potion

Green Potion

Blue Potion

Red Mushroom

Green Mushroom

Gold Mushroom

Brown Mushroom

Aqua Mushroom

Broken Rose

Orchid /Lilly

Flowers

Leaf

Cannibis

Normal Staff's

earth staff

water staff

wind staff

fire staff

light satff

more powerful versions of the ubove staves:

earthquake staff

tsunami staff

lightning staff

flaming staff

holy staff

legendary staves:

typhoon staff

power staff

explosion staff

psychic staff

super legendary staff:

all elemental staff (not light)

Zip File of the Icons:- http://hosted.filefront.com/landofshadows
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 12:07:48 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I think they look to weird at both sizes...I think it'd be best to either make full sized ones or resize larger things..

Rep:
Level 87
i must say, your original sprites look alot more in place than those photoshop jobs.
i would help, but i've got a lot of spriting to do myself.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
wow reminds me like those diablo like games :D keep em up on making those cool looking
128x128 pics :D

Rep:
Level 97
I'm a go ahead and bump this. I'd really like to be able to release this script with some decent pictures.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, that sucks...it is a really good script, but these sprites will be really hard to make.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, one final bump. Then I will release the script without the pictures and hope that someone comes along and offers their services.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Alright, one final bump. Then I will release the script without the pictures and hope that someone comes along and offers their services.

I can resize weapons for you. 
I'd be happy to!  :) (But I'm also doing somethings for Nighty....so I might be busy, and I have school soon)

Rep:
Level 97
How do you mean? Icons or pictures?  RTP-ish?

How does this one look guys:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
How do you mean? Icons or pictures?  RTP-ish?

How does this one look guys:

?.? What do you want them to be?
That axe is awesome, did you make it?

Rep:
Level 97
I took a picture of an axe from swords-online.com and I modelled my pic after it, but I tried to make it look less like a photograph.

As to what I want, I want them to fit in with the RTP graphics so that the battler picture does not clash with the item pictures. I think I like the axe too.

Rep:
Level 97
Any takers?

Actually, this bump is for feedback. What do you guys think of this advanced item display. Basically, you can select an item to get more info on it, and this is the screen. In the stats screen, it only shows stats modified by the items. The paragraphing formatter that I used for the description is incomplete, as it appears to not do it exactly as I would like. The icons in the right hand corner are the item's elements. The first screen is of the weapon display when it has a picture associated, and the second is of the item display when you aren't using a picture for it.

Is there anything I should add, do you guys think? And does the current layout look good?