RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to add Monsters Correctly, Summon and more

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
First Question:
Alright, I've fixed a enemy picture and imported it. It lets me, but when I go to the Monster tab or Monster Groups tab, the enemy I added isn't there.
It didn't say it had problems uploading it and I can re-add it or see it if I wanted, but it's not in the monster list. And is there a way to make it so where you can't fight on water?

Last question, which  I guess I really don't need right now (because it comes in later in the game):
Is there a way to make a summon system? Either like FFX or FFVI?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:31:37 AM by EdgarxTerra »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Go under the Monsters Tab, increase the array size, and set the monster graphic of that monster to the picture you imported.

That's assuming you haven't tried that yet. I've imported a bunch of custom monster graphics, and they all show up, in alphabetical order, right before all the RTP stuff. Oh, and create an area surrounding your water, and don't add any monster groups.

http://rmt.divinelegy.com/

I'm fairly certain that site has at least one summon tutorial. If not... Well, there are other sites.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

Oh, I checked the array size button and clicked it. But the problem is, the box with all the monsters in it, doesn't have my monster at all. But when I check the Import resources button, it's there.

Thanks for the ocean thing....but since that size box is only square, it would be very tedious to square out every square around land and islands, wouldn't it? But thanks, I'll be using that :}

I tried that summoning tutorial and it gave me a download link with the RPG Game Maker 2003.exe. I would replace my old one, but I'm using the David patch. Is there a way to have both? Summoning is very crucial to my story...it's part of it  ;D :D ;)
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
If your new monster picture has the same name as a RTP monster the RTP picture will be replaced by your new monster. I hope that helps a little.

I don't know about anything about them patches but when I made a summon I just got a monster and shrunk that guy into a little guy and made a battle animation with that fella. I use DBS.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
If your new monster picture has the same name as a RTP monster the RTP picture will be replaced by your new monster. I hope that helps a little.

I don't know about anything about them patches but when I made a summon I just got a monster and shrunk that guy into a little guy and made a battle animation with that fella. I use DBS.

Nah, he's name is Garland, like the stuff you put around X-Mas trees, but it's not that lol
He has his own name... :-\

What's DBS and did you follow the link's tut that was just posted?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83

Nah, he's name is Garland, like the stuff you put around X-Mas trees, but it's not that lol
He has his own name... :-\

What's DBS and did you follow the link's tut that was just posted?

DBS is the default battle system. I followed that link and I have to say it looks proffesional and stuff. I could not find a summoning tutorial though.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:02:55 AM by the_M_man »

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

Can you help me than? Because I really need to know these things...and I don't know if installing the summon patch will erase my David patch and I need to know how to import my own monsters, it'll make my game feel more like...something  "I" made.

Do you think you can help me?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
Hey I sent a personal message if you didn't know :D. Just trying to help.

Rep:
Level 86
I'll look deeper into your monster situation later, and I was talking about the Transformation (intermediate) tutorial on that site. I'm guessing it's a lot like what you're looking for, it takes all your party members out and replaces them with a beast of your choosing.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I replied :}

Oh, is it like summoning or is there another way to actually summon a monster, like in the FF series?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 86
Well, that tut is more for a FFX style summon. You call the beast, all of your party goes away, and the summon fights the battle for however long you want it to.

If you're talking about a FFVIII summon, just make a skill with a really cool animation.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

To do the second summoning system, could I just add a image (the summon) for the skill? Will it show up as a image or just a spell?
Is there a way to make more skills?

On the box to the left where all the skills are, is there a way to make a completely new one? I've tried right clicking and all it has is copy.
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 86
Increase the array size.

And for your summon, you could put the picture of your summon with one of the battle animation files.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

I only have Battle and Battle2....are those the battle animations folder?
I tried to import to both but it says wrong size. What's the proper size for them?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 86
Export any one of the Battle images, and replace something in it with your summon. I don't know their size off-hand, so this'll have to do.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Where are the battle images?
I don't have a battle animation folder....
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 87
Battle animation images are 2 sizes: 480x480 (These go in the "Battle" folder in the Resource Manager) and 640x640 (These go in the "Battle2" folder in the Resource Manager). The sprites are arranged into a grid, creating the frames of the animation.

Here's an example: http://charas-project.net/resources_download.php?id=7606&file=resources%2FBattle_animations%2F3992_1077658210.png

Here's a template for making your own animation. I don't have one that's 640x640, so anything you make with this template goes in the "Battle" folder in the Resource Manager.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
So the image you posted goes into the folder called "Battle" and if I find 640x640 image it goes into "Battle2".

For the image you provided, is it possible have it not move? Like a still image? I'm trying to make a summoning system and I just want the summon to appear for a few seconds, attack and than vanish.
So can I make the battle animation not move?

And what exactly goes into the folder "Battle2"?

Oh, and thanks for the image :}
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 86
If you want your summon to hang out for a little, copy the same image and keep it either standing or hovering (move it up and down every couple frames), then when you want the animation itself to start, put those in after about 20 frames.

^^ Of course, that means you need your summon in the same battle image folder as the attack you want it to perform (Put a fire summon in the same file as fire magic, etc.)

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

I did the frame thing...but how do I make it a skill? I can't seem to find it in skills....
I made it in "Animations"

Is there a way to make it a new command and name it summons and than make it so I can cast the summon?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 87
You have to take the sprite of the summon spirit and place it on the grid (if the sprite can't fit in one box, just place it over multiple squares until you have room for it). Then, just color the background something (make sure the whole background is a solid color) and import it into RPG Maker.

If you want your summon to replace the caster (I don't know how to get rid of all the characters), then make a 1-frame long animation of the summon spirit (make sure the sprite is directly on the picture of the enemy that's in the animation editor), then go to "Animations 2". Click on the sprite that is the summoning character, then click "Animation Type". Click a blank slot on the list, then select the 1-frame long animation. You can change the name of the slot you picked in the "Poses" section. Then, you just set the skill's Animation (this is what your character looks like during the skill) as the summon, and set the Battle Animation (the summon's attack).

Finally, the "Battle2" folder is also for animations. These have a larger grid (the 640x640 images) and are used to fit larger sprites on them. Besides that, they're the same as regular animations.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
It won't let me choose the skill use pose in poses.

I have the summon animation and when I go to "Animation Types" click my summon, it shows the summons attack but not him.
And it won't let me set the skill sprite....

EDIT:

Alright, I got that worked, but when I clicked the summon in skills, when it gets summoned, it's attack is only seeable and not the summon...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:08:16 AM by EdgarxTerra »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83

I did the frame thing...but how do I make it a skill? I can't seem to find it in skills....
I made it in "Animations"

Is there a way to make it a new command and name it summons and than make it so I can cast the summon?

You can make a new command(like summon or Uber skills or something). You can even change the name of the standard attack to slash if you wanted too. I forgot where you do this though. I'll message you tommorow maybe.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

EDIT:

Alright, the_M_man helped and it worked.
So, yeah!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:43:24 AM by EdgarxTerra »
Winter is Coming