RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Nice effect.  I'm interested, could you do a video of it?

Gives away too much story.  Have to wait until 2037 when the full game is released!

...ok?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 69

A bad place in Commercial Save your Momma

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
My apologies for not using quotes, my phone doesn't quite agree with them.

Anyhow, I'm really liking your map, Heretic. I've been experimenting with a similar effect (though not with a giant eye, of course) but I haven't been able to make a lot of progress as of late. I'm with Namkor, though, I'd love to see it in action.

As for your map, Drbigt, I really can't say, mostly because I can't actually see the map beyond the few luminated segments. I like what I can see, though. I'm particularly fobd of that yellowish region near the edge.

Littlesaytr, I love the character art. I'm not too fond of the fonts, though, and I can't say I'm a fan of important words being of both a different color and in brackets. That's just me, though.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 69
As for your map, Drbigt, I really can't say, mostly because I can't actually see the map beyond the few luminated segments. I like what I can see, though. I'm particularly fobd of that yellowish region near the edge.

Eh? What yellow region?

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Well, greenish-yellow. Where the torches are.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:34:43 AM by Ryosis »
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
hey guys ~ may I join?
This screenshot for my game's world building
Spoiler for:
I'm not planned to make player wandering around in that worldmap.
It just for a personal notes since I can not draw worldmap using image editor ~
My scripts collection :
http://theolized.blogspot.com/
Sorry if I made it in Indonesian

Supporter of :

Make your own party composition based on 20 playable characters :

Rep:
Level 69
Layout for Bella's home in the ice dungeon.

Rep:
Level 91
Cool idea. Although I dunno how long the snowman would last with that heater!

Rep:
Level 69
Here's improved home

Bella

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The floorboards don't extend into the "wall" (read: ice), leaving a little bit of a gap between floor and wall, and that makes me a sad panda.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
The floorboards don't extend into the "wall" (read: ice), leaving a little bit of a gap between floor and wall, and that makes me a sad panda.

It does give the appearance of the boards being cut off before they reach the side walls, even though the wall graphics are fine. Not quite sure how you'd fix it. The only thing that comes to mind is to redesign the vertical sections to look a little more organic. It'd be something you'd do with pictures, perhaps; something akin to parallax mapping. I don't see caves having too many straight edges in them.

I do have concerns about the little bed/cot being in the middle of the walkway out of the "bedroom". Seems like a hazard, considering how a person would get in/out of the large bed. I was tempted to say a fire hazard, but the whole place is a bit of a hazard if a fire was to break out, what with the place likely to melt some.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 69
I do have concerns about the little bed/cot being in the middle of the walkway out of the "bedroom". Seems like a hazard, considering how a person would get in/out of the large bed. I was tempted to say a fire hazard, but the whole place is a bit of a hazard if a fire was to break out, what with the place likely to melt some.

That's why there's a water bucket next to the fire.  :blizj:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

this looks like a doom 3 screenshot.

Rep:
Level 69

this looks like a doom 3 screenshot.

Wow, really? Thanks!!

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i meant in the you can't see a single fucking thing in it sort of way.

saying something looks like a doom 3 screenshot is an old joke that means a screenshot is mostly black with a small badly lit area in the middle from the flashlight.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:49:11 PM by Dr_Strike_Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 69
i meant in the you can't see a single fucking thing in it sort of way.

That's kinda the point. That's why you have a lantern so you can see. You need to get fuel and preserve the lantern when it's not needed. If you'd be able to see, it'd render the entire lantern and the fuel and such mechanics obsolete. I did make the lantern a lot stronger, as well as the other lights though so it should light the path more.

I was just touched you compared my game to million dollar project. And that screenshot looked good, I do not seen what's the problem with it.  :police:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:02:53 AM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Drbigt, where do you get your resources from? Do you make most of them?

Rep:
Level 69
Drbigt, where do you get your resources from? Do you make most of them?

Customs are made for me. I pay a professional artist to do them since I am not talented enough myself.  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
My apologies for not using quotes, my phone doesn't quite agree with them.

Anyhow, I'm really liking your map, Heretic. I've been experimenting with a similar effect (though not with a giant eye, of course) but I haven't been able to make a lot of progress as of late. I'm with Namkor, though, I'd love to see it in action.

I may whip up a demo just to display the motion of the Eye without spoiling the story.  One of the problems I ran into tho required me write a script, just to animate the eye.  Actually, that isnt true, it required 2 scripts.  One for adjusting the Z-Index of the Eye Sprites to be less than that of the terrain (terrain is on top, eye look up from underneath), and one for the motion.  Motion was a problem with expressions because there isnt really any way to move directly in a non 8 directional path (up, down, left, right, and diagonals).  Both scripts are public, and I get two minutes of free time, I'll post a copy here, but for now, its up over at chaos-project.

The eye itself is composed of multiple events just using one big ass picture.  The eyelids, scalera, and iris are seperate events.  That allows the eye to change shape, blink, look around and move quite fluidly.

That cave style has pretty much become my standard for ALL my maps.  There is just something about square "natural" caves to me that comes across as looking like garbage.  In a mine, its one thing to have a square corner and perfectly flat wall, but not in a natural cave. 

I'll work on a demo (and post script here) when I get some free time.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I started doing this a few weeks ago as a side project. It's not for a game or a script. I'm just doing it to do something.

I did the intro after doing the map to see if it was possible to do it with a script call. It's not exactly the same, but it does sort of work.

Hill of destiny.

Here are some of the old ones.

Spoiler for:
Foresta

Level forest

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This is from my up coming game "Fear of the Loathed: Exile".

Original content do not steal.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thats pretty awesome

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Both of you: Those look very nice and you should be proud. I would give you each a cookie were I able.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Wasn't Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest the first Turn-based RPG to get a PAL release, albeit under a different name?