RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 81
@ShortStar
interesting look, although I am more into sideview-battlesystems

pls rate

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks pretty good, but it almost cross the line of being to dark.

Rep:
Level 82
I'd say too dark.

pokeball XIVOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
@rofl1337 If you intensify the lights a bit, the darkness could definitely work.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
 Just a 5 minute map. An abandoned beach at dusk.

Rep:
Level 75
Looks really nice I give you 9/10 The boulders seem a little out of place.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
It feels empty. It could probably use more weeds.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Looks really nice I give you 9/10 The boulders seem a little out of place.
Thanks! actually, the boulder is my player :P
was trying it out for an event system.
It feels empty. It could probably use more weeds.
Ya, its not finished... I'm too lazy XD

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII

Guess the games and win a cookie. Guess the inspiration and you're a witch/wizard.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't like the way the sprites are at 200% size. I think it's strange to have the sprites pixel doubled but everything else normal size.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
There's also one black square at the back of the floor. 'Sup with that?
I agree with Irock. However, 100% would be too small, no? Perhaps 150%?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I'd be more than happy to use the appropriate sized sprites to make my scripts, if I could make then.

Since I can't, I take what I can get.

Rep:
Level 91
Potential landing page redesign. Do you feel the quality befits a commercial game?

Before (current page):

After (proposed page):

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:19:45 PM by mouse »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
It looks pretty snazzy to me.

Rep:
Level 91
I've had people elsewhere say the parchment and maps look like they're "ripped off a shitty flash game"... what do you think?

Rep:
Level 75
Face in top left corner is slightly off if it is sapposed to be in the box and the parchment look a little bright but not bad.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Reminds me of the old days of Adventure Quest...

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
Still tweaking the look...and need to decide on if I wanna do an overlay...but yeah..it's a reef.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
That looks really neat. My only complaint is that the chest doesn't look like it's laying flat on the sand, like it's not at the correct angle.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I've had people elsewhere say the parchment and maps look like they're "ripped off a shitty flash game"... what do you think?

Might be TL:DR territory, if so, skip to the last paragraph.

That's likely because the edges are all darkened... This makes it look unreal, because paper doesn't work that way... Neither does parchment, for that matter...

to make it look more realistic, go ahead and take a piece of paper and put it into light from a source other than directly above, prehaps have a lamp next to the table it is on. Notice the pattern of light. You'll see that there really isn't much difference in shadow at all because you are looking at a flat surface. The only way you would have such deep shadows would be if you had other items casting them.

Also, I like how they looked ripped, but they also don't look believeably ripped. If you wanted to do that, it would end up looking more personalized and unique while also giving you a reason to put shadows (because a ripped piece might be curled up and therefore casting a shadow on another piece.

The map looks very plain, perhaps you should draw a map, rather than simply placing points of interest on a blank page covered in squiggles.

In short, Complexity and and attention to detail breeds originality, so make sure that you take a few minutes to get an idea of what you want... I would suggest you actually make a menu out of real paper using a light source when remaking this menu so that you get better results. Also, I would suggest actually scanning samples of your own writing to use in the menu to make it more realistic and unique.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:39:33 PM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
OotM time!

I've worked on this thing til my eyes are crossed..still loads to do..but a WIP shot.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
=O
Well done. That looks great already.
I can't wait to see it complete (but don't rush yourself!)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Looks incredible joy. The positioning is a bit off but as you said it's still a WIP.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
The text is such a close colour to the background that it makes it slightly difficult to read, but otherwise it's fantastic.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
I think the text color is perfect you just need a glow or a different shade around it so the text is more prominent.
coming soon to a pc near you