RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Greetings folks, awful weird place for my first post, but here's a screenshot from a game i'm working on, called Hollow Faction.

Spoiler for:

I know it's a bit empty, but i'm completely dumbfounded at what to do with some of the empty space, thoughts?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's a nice start. The best thing to fill up space there would probably be the tall grass. Small rocks and other things like it are also good to fill up space without being too obvious, in my opinion.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Screenshot from a SUPAHSCRET NEW PROJECT.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
8/10 Very nice.

Screenshot from a SUPAHSCRET NEW PROJECT.

YOUR SECRET SHALL BE REVEALED!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I am liking the look on that screenshot Dertt

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
SUPAHSUPAHSECRET:
The red-haired guy is the sprite-likeness of me. The character's not me, though.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I like that Train Station!!!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thanks. The tileset is laid out in the weirdest way.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Me want that tileset! ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I hate it when they ask that question, it's so obvious, becuase he's the main character! Duh ;D

I like how your using the wall top tiles here, idk if they were meant to be used like that but it works out alright.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I hate it when they ask that question, it's so obvious, becuase he's the main character! Duh ;D

I like how your using the wall top tiles here, idk if they were meant to be used like that but it works out alright.
lol, can't make much with that one =p

Here's something I was making:

Thinkig of makig another game Call Elven Lies . . .  <,< Or something close.

& Have to go with a well thought plot:

Spells: "Oh Father, Oh Father, Why have you abandon me?" ( I realize I wrote Abandon wrong >__>;; )
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:34:57 AM by Caro's MO NO BE »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice lighting and biblical reference there :P

10 / 10 for both I'd say

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Caro...

"Oh, Father, oh, Father...  Why have you abandoned me?"

"Oh, Padre, oh, Padre...  ¿Por qué me habéis abandonado?"

(The accutes (acentos ortográficos) are missing; as well as the capitalized "Father" or "Padre", if it truly is a biblical reference.  Otherwise, it depends.)

And in a previous screenshot that you posted (your post previous to the last in this thread), you used "your" when it should have been "you're" or "you are".

Just pointing those out before it's too late.  I know that you realized the "abandon" part already, but still.  ^^;  I hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:22:24 AM by Starfish »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I blame Babelfish >__>;;

I thought I was missing something, thanks Starfish =3

BTW, lol, Starfish! Clannad <3

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thinkig of makig another game Call Elven Lies . . .  <,< Or something close.

Something close to "Elven Lies?"
How about "Elfen Lied?" lol

Edit: wow, wtf happened there
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:13:12 PM by Dertt »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
What the-!?

lol, no, Then they expect a lot of nudity & Blood sched . . . thou . . . it could work, making something obscure & scary >:3

Anyways:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Gasp, that's an extremely nice bridge!
....but the shadows seem uneven.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yeah, I notice it now . . . <shrugs>

The tileset didn't come with a solution to it -.-;; I might have to fix that.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Clericus is alive!

A "traitor to the crown" is dead!

Rep:
Level 97
That map looks pretty good Dertt. Nice work.

Anyway, I'm trying out VX mapping:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
That map looks pretty good Dertt. Nice work.

Anyway, I'm trying out VX mapping:

Whoa! ;D
Really nice indoor map there, modern. Though I'm not sure why there are two beds in the bedroom. :-\

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@modern:
Looking very nice and clean! c: Only thing that bothers me a bit is that it feels as if the carpet in the bedroom should extend one square down (under the wall), but I'm not sure if the mapping system allows that.

Rep:
Level 97
@Lev - two parents, one child, small house :P

@Reives - yeah, I haven't found a way to trick the system yet. If it were XP I'd use layers, but no such luck. You can't even break an autotile into components in VX :( Go figure. The best I can do so far is hold down shift when placing the wall tile - it works, but it has no edges. I'm going to keep trying. Of course, you also can't walk underneath roof tiles in VX, so the implied space is even less implied. But, I am using it for the bed and the crates, so either I will shrink the carpet by one square to the left, right and top, which would imply the carpet is centred with a one tile rim, or I will keep the weird looking roof.

EDIT:: Here, which one looks better to you? I forgot the bed in the large carpet one, but just imagine it is there.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:52:34 AM by modern algebra II »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh okay, if you can't walk under the wall-top then it's no problem. I'd go with the second one of the two there, although if it could be extended to under the double-bed as well, it might be cool too. c: